Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark from Brisbane said:
All available on the Internet , I could write that and fool you .

Bearfax I know how the Eagles work, from an insider, I worked for them closely . The stuff you couldn't do was an arm long, Dave Warwick would NOT be allowed to do this!!

You have been conned!!

You may very well be right Mark. I'm not saying I'm right, and quite frankly I dont care if I'm wrong. But you havent proved anything to me by your comment. You say all available on the internet, yet no one including yourself has mentioned many of those issues, especially regarding Gutherson.

In my former profession I operated on evidence supplied before making judgement calls. Fundamental. No, not a cop but close.The individual identifying himself/herself/itself as the Recruitment Officer supplied information that suggests inside knowledge. Some of that knowledge may be padding with falsehoods but no one has so far indicated whether that information is true or false and how such information could have been gained, especially as much of it seems new to these forums. You've made a broad statement that all is available on the internet. OK. Lets start there. Where is it? I would certainly like to know so I dont go on long unsuccessful ventures trying to find information. Please supply the sites.

As I said the claim that he is DW or someone close to the club remains a believable scenario, given the information supplied if it is valid. I dont know you and who you are and despite your claims you have given no evidence that you know what you claim to know. You in fact may be doing the conning for all we know such is the anonymity on these forums. I may be conning you and could have been the Recruitment Officer myself using another pseudonym. I've certainly played that game before elsewhere on other forums for fun, and despite the con, no one has picked up on it yet (not these forums by the way...but then how would you know... are you that good at picking cons...what's you thoughts). Or it may be you playing the game. Such is the ease of being 'The Con' on these forums.

No disrespect intended, but if you are in the know then you will also know the validity of the claims made and how they were obtained, and supply evidence to support that position. An unsupported statement that you know what happens in the club is less believable so far than what the 'Recruitment Officer' is saying, whoever that is, and I'm not saying it has to be DW.

Supply some facts Mark to justify your position. Place yourself in the minds of other readers Would you believe you based on what you've said. At least DW or whoever the Recruitment Officer is, has given us information, and if that information is true, it then is unimportant who supplied it. And in my career I'v met some of the best cons in the business and you realise the con by inconsistencies, not by just dismissing their claim without proof. At this stage in my opinion the jury is still out. Whether its true or false has yet to be confirmed and therefore his/her identity as either DW or someone in the club at this stage has more substance than yours. Give us reason to believe you. Supply us with the inconsistencies.

Just a point to mull over. You say it is policy that statements unvetted by Management are not allowed. That may be so and I accept it reduces the likelihood of DW being the person. But this club has been fraught with apparent leaks from inside for the last few years, much of which has turned out to be confirmed. If this is another example then what is important is the information, not the identity of the revealer. Dont throw the baby out with the bath water as they say. What's important here is the information supplied and whether its valid or not, in which case being 'conned' becomes somewhat irrelevant

Over to you Mark (or Dave?).

For the last time @Ryan what's "screwing this place" for me IS the endless voices of displeasure. And If I (or anyone disagrees with U) once, twice, three times a lady; how long before U just allow that to stand and move on?

As for "rudeness or belittling" U told me to "settle down precious" and called me "DUDE" as if we're still in high-school (I'm led to believe you're a married-man with kids...) THAT applies equally, if not more, for anyone just doing it to "stir-the-pot" for the sake of it, or "FUN" right now. *It's a serious waste of my time with what I'm dealing with in real life. And in light of the football being over for Manly now.

And, I'm sick and bloody tired of hearing "how it used to be..." around here.
Times change. (I miss an ex or two occasionally, but I wouldn't actually want to totally go back). It's quite easy to gather those U want to talk to exclusively, just like in former days, either privately here or on Facebook, elsewhere, or even bloody SKYPE, if U want.

Lastly, on the Dave Warwick case: It would be easy for any of the many "house-proud" Leadership Group (or @Dan himself) to contact the club, even @"MWSE Membership" for a start, to clarify it.

Either way. I'll be disappointed.

If it isn't the real man himself, what a fu&ken joke!

If it IS the real Dave Warwick, I'll be even more disappointed; and ashamed to even be a member here. (Which is rectifiable from my point of view, at least). And close enough to happening even more now.

@Bearfax Thanks for your long winded comments, and yes agree you don't know who I am, so let me briefly explain.

Until the middle of last year I was a travel agent, and very involved with the Sea Eagles on many projects, including the MWTS and the two most recent World Club Challenge trips, including supporter, staff, management and player movements.

Under the management of Dave Perry (who understandably I know very well) I encountered the policies regarding media, brand, public statements, website, Facebook, Fan Forums etc etc. As a result of this I know how they tick.

During this time I encouraged Dave Perry (and others) to join here and engage in fan interaction, sadly for some time it was a "brick wall".

The Eagles engaged a new membership manager , Larissa Paegle, who was absolutely dynamic (and ended up being the media / communications manager before she left to join the Eels) and I finally convinced him to allow her to come on here to promote memberships and as many will remember she did as lot more, however whatever she said was vetted BEFORE she said it.

Michael the new membership manager comes on here now, nice young fella but strictly deals with membership and nothing else as his guidelines from the club won't allow for more, he is (IMO) the only staff member authorised to be on Silvertails.

I had to go through the same "hoops" when I was working with the club, I wasn't allowed to come on here and promote something without approval, and wasn't allowed to release anything unless the words had been vetted and approved by the media and communications manager. Note these were to do with trips etc being promoted by me, for the club. It was really a bit "over the top" in how they did this but rules are rules.

AND we all know how secretive the club itself is on signings, NOTHING is said anywhere until they can make a big hoopla on their website and as an advance email to members, so yeah they are really likely to approve the recruitment manager coming on here and sprouting to his hearts content.....NOT

So fundamentally, Dave Perry is against any interaction on fan forums from a club perspective and those are club regulations and I have seen that in writing.

SO my point 1, founded under these guidelines is that a senior member of the Sea Eagles staff would NOT come on here without his approval, and that (unless it has dramatically changed) would not have been granted and especially anything to do with player retention.

Your suggest I might be a con myself, well at least in my forum member details I list my actual name, yes I use Mark from Brisbane, and in the early forum days (not this one) I was Mark from Moree (where I was born and raised), Google my name if you like (its down there at the bottom) and you will see lots about me, I bet a lot more than I can discover about Bearfax anyway, so there's my point 2, I am NOT a con.

My point 3, is that places like Zero Tackle report who is off contract, who is on contract (and when they expire), whilst the post we are all talking about is well constructed , and yes I give you that, the information is there if anyone cares to look.

Anyone on Twitter can probably ask the came questions and come back with a thousand answers as well.

I have been on this forum for almost 7 years and its fraught with people who have multiple ID's, its something I have never done BUT very easy to do, I could start a Hotmail account, Register the name MWSE CEO, and start posting as Dave Perry in a heartbeat.

So with that in mind I call this account a fake, I know you'd love it to be real, but for every reason listed above it would be fake.

You might not like hearing that, but facts are facts.

I'll take your personal criticism of me " on the cheek" as that's what forums are about, but if you want to continue attacking me may I suggest we do this by PM's, email or if you wish I'll give you my phone number and you are free to call.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ha I do remember that @COMMANDER the PC police got you this time though!!

Can't believe they have an auto mod for my old moniker.

Hi Mark
I know you and everything you have said makes sense. It is still possible that Dave was given one-off permission to make the post to shut down the misinformation about Manly not supporting their juniors. Or he could have just done it even though he's not supposed to (we've all done that now and then) - after all he stated at the outset that it was a one-off.

If he doesn't return, I'd say that makes it more believable that it was DW. A fake would probably not be able to resist continuing the con.

I trust the facts you have presented but I still read that as a legitimate post.

Mark from Brisbane said:
@Bearfax Thanks for your long winded comments, and yes agree you don't know who I am, so let me briefly explain.

Good one Mark. You have spent 10000000 times longer on this than I would have (hence my deleted post above).

Now, let's see if recruitment manager responds with the same level of quantifiable information (even though, inexplicably, it was only asked of you, and not of him/her/it.)

He/she/it won't as it is not dw, it is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.

*donations forthcoming to silvertails if it's proven to me without a shadow of a doubt that it was who (for some reason) he claims to be.

By the way, I am geoff toovey.

edit: hey look, there's a dodo fighting with a dinosaur just outside my window.

edit edit: Mark, methinks you are being trolled. I wouldn't bother with any more serious replies, you're retired!

Why can a club official come on and take a dig at a user over comments but not clear the air on the constant talk we apparently shouldn't believe.

Where there's smoke there's fire peeps.

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Good one Mark. You have spent 10000000 times longer on this than I would have (hence my deleted post above).

Now, let's see if recruitment manager responds with the same level of quantifiable information (even though, inexplicably, it was only asked of you, and not of him/her/it.)

He/she/it won't as it is not dw, it is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.

*donations forthcoming to silvertails if it's proven to me without a shadow of a doubt that it was who (for some reason) he claims to be.

By the way, I am geoff toovey.

edit: hey look, there's a dodo fighting with a dinosaur just outside my window.

edit edit: Mark, methinks you are being trolled. I wouldn't bother with any more serious replies, you're retired!

Got you now GE...I've meet Geoff Toovey and he doesn't have Antlers !

Wasn't there a Mark from Sydney, a Mark from Fairfield as well? lol

Darren isn't my real name but Jace (lol) :):p

Mark from Brisbane said:

Until the middle of last year I was a travel agent, and very involved with the Sea Eagles on many projects, including the MWTS and the two most recent World Club Challenge trips, including supporter, staff, management and player movements.

Under the management of Dave Perry (who understandably I know very well) I encountered the policies regarding media, brand, public statements, website, Facebook, Fan Forums etc etc. As a result of this I know how they tick.

During this time I encouraged Dave Perry (and others) to join here and engage in fan interaction, sadly for some time it was a "brick wall".

The Eagles engaged a new membership manager , Larissa Paegle, who was absolutely dynamic (and ended up being the media / communications manager before she left to join the Eels) and I finally convinced him to allow her to come on here to promote memberships and as many will remember she did as lot more, however whatever she said was vetted BEFORE she said it.

Michael the new membership manager comes on here now, nice young fella but strictly deals with membership and nothing else as his guidelines from the club won't allow for more, he is (IMO) the only staff member authorised to be on Silvertails.

I had to go through the same "hoops" when I was working with the club, I wasn't allowed to come on here and promote something without approval, and wasn't allowed to release anything unless the words had been vetted and approved by the media and communications manager. Note these were to do with trips etc being promoted by me, for the club. It was really a bit "over the top" in how they did this but rules are rules.

AND we all know how secretive the club itself is on signings, NOTHING is said anywhere until they can make a big hoopla on their website and as an advance email to members, so yeah they are really likely to approve the recruitment manager coming on here and sprouting to his hearts content.....NOT

So fundamentally, Dave Perry is against any interaction on fan forums from a club perspective and those are club regulations and I have seen that in writing.

SO my point 1, founded under these guidelines is that a senior member of the Sea Eagles staff would NOT come on here without his approval, and that (unless it has dramatically changed) would not have been granted and especially anything to do with player retention.

Your suggest I might be a con myself, well at least in my forum member details I list my actual name, yes I use Mark from Brisbane, and in the early forum days (not this one) I was Mark from Moree (where I was born and raised), Google my name if you like (its down there at the bottom) and you will see lots about me, I bet a lot more than I can discover about Bearfax anyway, so there's my point 2, I am NOT a con.

My point 3, is that places like Zero Tackle report who is off contract, who is on contract (and when they expire), whilst the post we are all talking about is well constructed , and yes I give you that, the information is there if anyone cares to look.

Anyone on Twitter can probably ask the came questions and come back with a thousand answers as well.

I have been on this forum for almost 7 years and its fraught with people who have multiple ID's, its something I have never done BUT very easy to do, I could start a Hotmail account, Register the name MWSE CEO, and start posting as Dave Perry in a heartbeat.

So with that in mind I call this account a fake, I know you'd love it to be real, but for every reason listed above it would be fake.

You might not like hearing that, but facts are facts.

I'll take your personal criticism of me " on the cheek" as that's what forums are about, but if you want to continue attacking me may I suggest we do this by PM's, email or if you wish I'll give you my phone number and you are free to call.

The difficulty Mark with written forums is that you dont sense the emphasis being expressed. In no way was I being critical of you personally, though it seems you read it that way. Such are the limitations of the written word. Sorry if I am being misinterpreted.

My point was in a generic sense that forums dont give you the same means of determining validity of information and the credibility of the author. This was not meant to mean you personally but is just how these forums are. And as far as 'facts are facts' that is exactly the issue I am challenging. What are the facts? They are evdience based, not broad unsupported statements.

I was not actually seriously doubting your word at all but rather trying to encourage you to elaborate on what you were saying and give some substance to your comments other than just saying something does or doesnt happen. One of the issues I find on forums is that people still fear being caught as being inept or easily conned. On forums like this that is very easy to happen to the best of us, because we have no way other than in what is said of determining the validity of comments.

You have divulged much of yourself and I appreciate that and it certainly gives me 'evidence' suggesting whoever the 'Recruitment Officer' was it was probably not Warwick. But I reiterate that the information was quite specific and seemingly not easily attainable. You mentioned Zero, but I have been reading their material for quite a while and I've seen nothing of much of the information RO supplied. I cant even find it in MW Sea Eagles site.

Now it seems you are someone apparently in the know, and I will accept that point, and therefore you have no doubt still ready access to information that the rest of us struggle to gain, given we have not worked with the Sea Eagles organisation. But I guess that's my point. You havent disputed the information supplied by RO so I assume you are acknowledging that its accurate which is an important point for the rest of us. Likewise whoever RO is, he/she seems likely to be closely tied to the SE organisation, and may be telling us info on the sly. Does that not seem logical?

Finally I appreciate your response and again reiterate that my comments were not meant to be personal but rather to make a point. I've read a lot of your material and have been impressed by your clarity. Just remember though that the rest of us dont have your 'inside knowledge'. Call it a legalistic way of thinking if you will. I will divulge, given your exposition, that I was for over three decades a parole officer. We think that way questioning and challenging everything, because people we deal with do con and some that most people only see in a glorified means on TV programmes, are cunning and nasty and con big time. To break a con you have to look for the inconsistencies as well as mannerisms which cant be seen on these forums. Some are very sneaky....and maybe I'm one of them....can you sense if I'm conning you?

The good thing about forums are opinions , I have mine everyone else has theirs .

I don't have absolute proof that the post is fake, but with my close association with the club (now sadly in the past) I'd very much be surprised if its legit.

Let's leave it at that , and all good @Bearfax after almost 7 years on here I have a thick skin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10