Brown-Harper player swap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2-3 years again Brown was way better and would have said easy choice.
Personally think the young guns we have in our own backyard as in Fifita, Fainu, Fulton have more ceiling today.
Would still take him as has a competitive edge that could be handy for the youngsters moving forward and just maybe....he could turn back the clock and add fire missing at times, on a 1-2 season contract....
I don’t mind this swap move. On your point with our young guns, I feel an older head in the squad would help their development.
Besides Jake we really don’t have too much experience in the back row even though Hmole is a gun.
Imo I would love for this to happen as it will add a bit of agro and fire that’s missing in our nice boy pack

I don't like Brown. I've made no secret of the fact. Severely violates the no d!ckhead policy and brings bad culture, and isn't that great a player. We have plenty of guns coming through in the forwards, but our stocks are a little less populated in the wing and centre positions. We have a few fullbacks playing into those roles possibly when Weekes and others come through.

If he comes over I will support him I suppose.

I guess my question(s) is this... If we are seriously going about this season with the intention of winning a premiership or challenging, is Brown going to steer us in this direction? Is a player that cant even make the 17 in his own current team really going to help us in the right direction? Is a player that 3 club have decided to get rid of/let go of really the guy we want?

Is a player that cant even make the 17 in his own current team really going to help us in the right direction? I
He did make their team. First half of the year, mostly starting lock. After that it was fairly well publicised that he was at loggerheads with the club. Because he was being a dickhead? No idea, but when it came to the grand final they selected him. Which says to me they rated him as a player, regardless of whatever else was going on.
Not to say I want him to come. But we've got some decent footy brains at the club right now, and they'll know a lot more about the ins and outs of it all than I, so happy to go with their judgment.

With jake picked at prop for the trial and us interested in brown despite pretty good back row depth it gives me hope that our structure could be better, our halfback will be playing in the line .

if so both jakey and tom will benefit enormously due to reducing there responsibilities

but its a trial and we havnt got brown so its only a hunch

My problem with Browne is dollars he is on and deal he want. If we are splashing cash I prefer ala Flegler
So far no indication it would be a multi year deal. Seems simply swap Harper in the last year of his deal for Brown.

I agree though that I wouldn't want him into 2024

So far no indication it would be a multi year deal. Seems simply swap Harper in the last year of his deal for Brown.

I agree though that I wouldn't want him into 2024
Look I have no issue using Browne as Front row rotation, we simply don't know have a grub in our forward pack and we need one.

Being arguably slightly better than Harper is no great recommendation. I didn't much rate Brown even when he was a Parra regular and had some hype about him. He'll be 30 soon and doubt he's going to set the world on fire.

That said, these rumors are hardly likely to be totally made up cause neither are world beaters who are in the news cycle. So we should probably get used to it.

Aloiai has been solid for us ... when he actually plays. Over his 2 seasons he's missed 40% of our games (played 31 of 51).
Maybe Aloiai's ongoing injury issues are a factor in our interest in Brown.

Probably linked to that additional 2 . 5 mil in the cap allocation which is still a bit of a unknown issue how it is going to be distributed and not only at Manly of course . With Jake looking like he will be more considered as a prop now , maybe Brown is being looked at more as a 13 role , even if a quite short term option . Just the injury and form issues again but can take note now that he was bought into the Eels G F squad last season . Also again just what would be his current injury status now and level of chronic injuries or whatever . Again possibly as a 13 but really would not think that he is needed in any other forward position and again surely dependent on this current fitness or relatively free injury situation .

The fact that Harper appears down the pecking order in the centres gives this story some credence. IMO Jake doesn't have enough speed to stay at lock or in the back row. I'd be using Jake as a starting prop and aim to get 25 mins per half out of him which would mean he would remain reasonable fresh and able to put on some of those great low tackles hits he used to produce early in his first grade career. Brown would provide experience and depth to the backrow and maybe the Ben Kennedy style inspiration we yearn. When in the right frame of mind Brown really hits the ball hard. If Parra pay the balance of his cost then Brown is a no brainer for me.

Id take Brown in a heartbeat . He might have an injury and out of favour at parra , but he's 29 and a hard arse that we need . Who else in our pack is going to put fear into anyone ? Paeseka, Jake , keppie 🤣
I agree Feathered friend

If your pack is not feared Your team is fcked

Every pack needs a couple of mongrels.
These two are available:

9D6798A1-2FC3-432F-A231-10A1C7E57B90.jpeg

1CC22D33-8168-41B9-A08B-9BDFAF80C83C.jpeg

The second one looks a bit like Nathan Brown.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8