Brookvale Oval to become Lottoland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lottoland sounds so ridiculous it's almost kinda cool. Like a massive pisstake. Is anyone seriously not going to keep calling it brookie?
Almost as ridiculous as a few years back when crazy john ( mobile phones ) i think wanted to take us on as major sponsors, but the catch was all players had to be referred to as crazy john .

If its good enough for them to pay the big $, then its good enough for me. Whatever it takes to keep our home ground at Brookie and get the upgrade it desperately needs.

Brookie Oval will always be Brookie Oval, whatever the name.

I agree with this but they could of chosen a different industry to have association with, food, banking, IT industry etc.

While I agree we need the money to survive and the club would be crazy to not accept this offer, just does not sit right with me personally.

Unfortunately these days there aren't a huge heap of industries who have this kind of cash to throw about and those that are have different standards. eg. Banks. for the most part they want the 'premium look', so they associate with the big stadiums / venues. A run down shack probably isn't high on their compass. IT companies, probably not going to get a great return on a rugby league audience, whereas booze, gambling, that's the crowd they want. Food.. junk food etc would suit, but do they have the cash? Maccas / KFC / Coke already have mammoth marketing, naming rights to a stadium would mean nothing to them, not worth their time. It'd need to be someone up and coming / firmly planted in the area... unlikely they'd have the cash to splash.

End of the day means next to nothing to me, i know what i (and everyone i know) will always call it, so if the club gets the cash it never had before and puts it to good use, then great i reckon.

Not a massive fan of the increasing influence of gambling on the game (and sport in general) but it realistically makes no difference to me

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
It will always be Brookie to me.
Same as Parra, it's Parra Stadium.
Penrith is Penrith Stadium.
Cronulla is Shark Park.
I have no idea who sponsors any of these grounds.
We can't live in the 70's and get by on chock raffles. Until now we would of been the only team without a sponsored home ground. Happy to take the money, yeah rather a different name but there wasn't a long line up of companies wanting to pay that kind of money for a run down goat track.

Could this be the start... just the start... of our new CEO getting all our little ducks in a row?

Should mention that I haven't read the article, try not to engage with the Telegraph on any level.

So plenty of people are happy for the club to brand Brookie as Lottoland because it's financially a good decision.Yet,most of those people will be whinging mid season that they took a home game to Brisbane again.Ironic
too that a club under investigation for match fixing is being sponsored by a gambling company
I wonder once the new stand has been built if the club will guarantee that all home games will then be played at lottoland and not play two home games away?

Pretty sure all of us here will still call her Brookie.
The poor bastard commentators will be forced to say "Welcome to Lottoland".
And the rival fans will grab hold of La La Land and never let it go.

images.jpg

Lego land would be better. We could build a new grandstand out of Lego!

Well scratch me happy
Who would have thought
Spose we are just lucky we got the supplementary cash

If you google Brookvale Oval naming rights, stories come up dating back to al least 2003 discussing this, so it's been on the cards for a long time.

According to the SMH Lottoland signed as a sponsor on the back of our jersey too.
And Coco Joy have settled as well;

Manly have enjoyed a double financial win after settling their sponsorship dispute with Coco Joy and landing a naming rights stadium deal that secures the club's future on the northern beaches

In another significant boost to the bottom line, the Supreme Court dispute with FAL Healthy Beverages, the parent company of major sponsor Coco Joy, has been settled. While the terms remain confidential, it's understood the outcome has resulted in a significant settlement for the club.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10