Brookie upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
8E5A008A-D899-43C1-A685-7A50D7748D9F.jpeg

With the SFS reopening in August next year along with Commbank Stadium at Parra, now is the time for upgrades of suburban grounds like Brookie and Penrith as more teams can easily play out of the same venues for 1-2 seasons whilst grounds are re-done.

When I see it,I will believe it.

How does the current half upgrade at the scoreboard end fit into a full stadium upgrade at Brookie?

I think of all the times over all the years this has been promised and we are still where we are today.

However , to give PVL some credit , he loves the idea of smaller “ tribal” home grounds v the large “ **** all atmosphere “ stadia, so this one might actually happen.

I'm a believer but only on the condition I see a brand new diorama ,then I'm sold !!!
I can’t read about dioramas now without immediately thinking of this classic exchange:

Derek Zoolander: What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can’t even fit inside the building?
Mugatu: Derek, this is just a small-
Derek Zoolander: I don’t wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least three times bigger than this!

I can’t read about dioramas now without immediately thinking of this classic exchange:

Derek Zoolander: What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can’t even fit inside the building?
Derek Zoolander: I don’t wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least three times bigger than this!
Hahaha thanks now neither can I

Well we miss out again for now

Penrith Stadium will be knocked down and rebuilt to create a world-class sporting and cultural destination, as part of the state government’s suburban stadium masterplan.

The boutique stadium in Western Sydney is set to have a capacity of between 25,000 and 30,000 people, and will come at an estimated cost of around $300 million.

No time-frame has yet been set for when the first Steeden will be kicked at the ground – the full redevelopment will go through a competitive design and construction tender.

Premier Dominic Perrottet said it made sense to invest in infrastructure for Western Sydney, in line with his “six cities” vision announced at The Daily Telegraph’s Bradfield Oration last week.

The stadiums strategy has identified Greater Penrith to Eastern Creek as a key growth corridor for the region, emphasising the importance of a revitalised Penrith Stadium.

“We are sending a clear message to Australia and the rest of the world that Western Sydney is a cultural capital in its own right,” Mr Perrottet told The Telegraph.

“You have Moore Park in the eastern city, Parramatta in the central city and then Penrith in the Western Parkland city,” he said

“As Western Sydney grows, this stadium will have greater use and prominence. It will stand tall in Western Sydney for everyone.”

The current stadium in Penrith is more than 40 years old, and, according to Mr Perrottet, “in need of repairs”.

A revamped Penrith Stadium is one of a number of boutique stadiums which had been under consideration since last year, after the government abandoned plans to spend $820 million upgrading ANZ stadium.

The government is continuing to examine options for other boutique stadiums – potentially Kogarah and Brookvale – but no commitments have been made.

Money to fund business cases for new suburban stadiums was first committed in the 2020 budget, with a further investment included in Mr Perrottet’s last budget in June.

Australian Rugby League Commission Chairman Peter V’landys has previously insisted that the $820 million saved by abandoning the ANZ plans should be spent on building smaller, boutique stadiums around Sydney.

Mr V’Landys yesterday commended Mr Perrottet for investing in a new Penrith stadium.

“I think this is the best news ever for Penrith – they’re going to have a world class stadium which young kids will aspire to play at,” he said.

He said the upgraded stadium “will keep the money in the local economy, and there’ll be so many other sports and community events which can be held at that ground”.

“Whatever the government spends on it, they’ll get a multiplier of three or four.”

Jobs Minister and Local MP Stuart Ayres said fans will “flock” to the “state of the art temple of sport”. “It is much more than just a football ground,” Mr Ayres said.

Sports Minister Natalie Ward said the new stadium will be a “world-class” venue for “world-class sporting events”.

Last edited:

Glad we sacked zoolander, clearly he is an idiot.

This is statement is hilarious, I don’t even know where to start unpacking it:

“We are sending a clear message to Australia and the rest of the world that Western Sydney is a cultural capital in its own right,” Mr Perrottet told The Telegraph.

The world is now on notice! Penrith will have a better grandstand therefore pay attention world! Western Sydney is a cultural capital.

This is statement is hilarious, I don’t even know where to start unpacking it:

The world is now on notice! Penrith will have a better grandstand therefore pay attention world! Western Sydney is a cultural capital.
You just wait until the borders open. People will be flocking to Penrith as a prime holiday destination. They’ll come just to see the new stadium! Idiot!!!

The original Penrith stadium might be 40yrs old but they have had more spent on it since than Brookie ever has

That win a premiership and get a new stadium promised, on that premise we should have had a sparkling new stadium over a decade ago

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8