Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The try scoring record is 212.
Just for a bit of fun I looked up some stats. In his career Brett has missed over 70 games through injury. If we give him the same scoring rate he currently has for 70 games then he would've cracked the 200 mark on Saturday night and be only 13 tries from an unlikely record..
I know, a lot of varying factors but hypothetically a healthy snake could've had a shot at the record.

How many games did Irvine miss, those would need to be hypothetically added to the hypothetical tally

How many games did Irvine miss, those would need to be hypothetically added to the hypothetical tally
He played 236 games in 15 seasons (15.7 games per season ave).

NB. In 1961 Irvine showcased his speed at a specially-arranged event specifically in an attempt to break professional world record over 100 yards. Irvine won the event and equaled the record of 9.3 seconds

Yeah Irvine has a strike rate of almost 90%, that's insanity.
At 5'8" and 73 kgs I wonder if he'd have made it in the current nrl.

Yeah Irvine has a strike rate of almost 90%, that's insanity.
At 5'8" and 73 kgs I wonder if he'd have made it in the current nrl.
He would have made it I reckon - just would have bulked up a bit to maybe 85 with full time training. I have only seen him play on film, but he had speed, positional play, excellent ball skills and was a goal kicker. Many of the more recent "speedy" players like Oudenryn had no actual football skills.

The most telling thing for me with Irvine's record is that he scored most of his tries for norths, who were a bottom half team in the 60s, and had a style of play which kept the ball in the forwards for boring ruck after boring ruck. Imagine if he had played for a good team for more of his career.

The thing that I always think back to with Snake, is how many more tries would he have if the knee injuries did rob him of his blinding speed. He is still very quick and rarely if ever gets run down from behind, but I shudder to think of how many holes he has run into (post 2011) that have shut before he got through the otherside, that once would have been open for him.

The thing that I always think back to with Snake, is how many more tries would he have if the knee injuries did rob him of his blinding speed. He is still very quick and rarely if ever gets run down from behind, but I shudder to think of how many holes he has run into (post 2011) that have shut before he got through the otherside, that once would have been open for him.
Yeah, he nearly got run down for his second try. He still has great acceleration but has definitely lost his blinding speed.

I think Snake has lost some top end pace BUT his acceleration is there and I am convinced at times he only does the minimum required to get over the line. I felt he was not going full tilt for the second try as he did not need to, he wasn't getting caught that close to the line so cruised over

Everyone seems to be forgetting something here, he did it playing mostly for the Bears, except for a couple of seasons with Manly, can you imagine what it would be if he, Fulton and Stanton were all playing together right through his career.

He hits full pace when required, it is not always necessary to put the burners on. He is still very, very quick.

my point of view is that he is becoming a smarter footballer, and knows with his hammies that full pace all the time is not going to extend his career.

He hits full pace when required, it is not always necessary to put the burners on. He is still very, very quick.

my point of view is that he is becoming a smarter footballer, and knows with his hammies that full pace all the time is not going to extend his career.

I agree, when I watched the replay....he looked like he switched off.

Still scored, even on the replay!

replay!

Snake is a good player and deserving of such a record but Ryan didn't you absolutely bag the living **** out of him when you posted back in November about Snake, Watmough and Foran talking about leaving the club over a cup of coffee at a cafe? or do you have a short memory champ? Now you're absolutely loving the bloke again. I just wonder if Foran backflips how your attitude would change. "Oh i knew all along he was Manly through and through"

Snake is a good player and deserving of such a record but Ryan didn't you absolutely bag the living **** out of him when you posted back in November about Snake, Watmough and Foran talking about leaving the club over a cup of coffee at a cafe? or do you have a short memory champ? Now you're absolutely loving the bloke again. I just wonder if Foran backflips how your attitude would change. "Oh i knew all along he was Manly through and through"

I'm assuming your 12 years old with your user name, and that post of yours pretty much supports that theory. I don't debate Rugby League with children - move along back to your own teams boards.

Oh yay, yet another troll. Go back to your own website fool. If your too retarded to see what this thread is about, seriously, just **** off into a negative thread somewhere.

I said he is a good player and deserved it. I just find it hilarious that you bagged him in another thread when you heard he was rumoured to have been talking with Choc and Foran about leaving. Like i said short memory from you mate

I said he is a good player and deserved it. I just find it hilarious that you bagged him in another thread when you heard he was rumoured to have been talking with Choc and Foran about leaving. Like i said short memory from you mate

Go back to school, troll.

Go back to school, troll.

you see, when someone actually has you in the corner and you have nothing to reply with you just say "go to school" etc mate you got nothing. You were caught out. You have over 10,000 posts on here and you say i don't have a life. Many many fans of other teams are laughing at you and your fellow fans. Even some Manly fans i've shown this forum too find you absolutely disgusting and Disrespectful to the club and players

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2