Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose if they have big salary cap space then there's not much we can do (like Hoppa) Who are our most influential players: DCE, Keiran, and Glenn. Brett, Choc, King, Ballin, Matai and Lyon are in the next bunch.

Apart from that brain snap on the first tackle when he passed to no one, I thought he had a very solid game. In fact some of his takes (of the high ball) snuffed out any chance of a much bigger score. As far as that last Saints try was concerned, Oldfield was the culprit.

Sheikheagle said:
The pass was not entirely his fault you must ask where was his support?

Agreed. However it was the on the first tackle and I really thought we were a chance of winning if we'd sustained pressure at that point.

tookey said:
The roosters would pay brett $600k a season.

This. He would be a typical Rooster signing, paying overs for a player on the back end* of their career. Rothfield might be right.

[* before you wade in swinging, by back end I mean less time in front of him then what he has already played. Not a reference to ability, although I agree with Susan, he has lost a yard and that was his one major attacking weapon]

Chip and Chase said:
tookey said:

This. He would be a typical Rooster signing, paying overs for a player on the back end* of their career. Rothfield might be right.

[* before you wade in swinging, by back end I mean less time in front of him then what he has already played. Not a reference to ability, although I agree with Susan, he has lost a yard and that was his one major attacking weapon]

Was thinking the same mate.

Clubs like the roosters n dogs make me sick with their cheque book culture

Stewart will be fine, bit rusty at the moment with glimpses of genius.

Having said that, Hoppa should ask for a guarantee on his massive contract with Eels. if he can't get it, then he should have a legal right to be a free agent in 2014.

I'd go as far as saying if we release Brett immediately, we will go through the rest of the season undefeated and without a point being scored against us all year.

bones said:
I'd go as far as saying if we release Brett immediately, we will go through the rest of the season undefeated and without a point being scored against us all year.

Agreed bones. Actually I think we shouldn't even bother replacing him. Lets have no fullback and just 12 players on the field. It isn't like fullbacks do anything anyway, sitting up there relaxing at the back of the field all day!

That will hopefully save us enough cap space to lure Bailey back from the UK.

MadMarcus said:
bones said:

Agreed bones. Actually I think we shouldn't even bother replacing him. Lets have no fullback and just 12 players on the field. It isn't like fullbacks do anything anyway, sitting up there relaxing at the back of the field all day!

Release him and Foran and bring back Jye Mullane

Cambo said:
Chip and Chase said:
tookey said:

Cambo we had the same culture back in the Silvertail days, so what is the problem with other clubs doing what we used to do?

eagles2win said:
MadMarcus said:
bones said:

Release him and Foran and bring back Jye Mullane

Now there's an idea...

Isn't it funny...I am glad you guys aren't running the club!! If we pay more than 200,000 then we are kidding oursleves!!!!

Earnie the Eagle said:
Cambo said:
Chip and Chase said:
tookey said:

Cambo we had the same culture back in the Silvertail days, so what is the problem with other clubs doing what we used to do?

Yes we did but unlike those merkins we won comps. Look at the millions the roosters have spent over the years and they have 1 comp since 1975 to show for it. Sad c----

I thought that that having a full injury free off season would have done him wonders and was waiting with anticipation to see what Brett would produce this year.

I think he did really well in difficult circumstances against Cronulla and St George. Has had a lot to do defensively in the first four outings.

Watch him go over the next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7