Brett Stewart latest injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure Jamie will go another year. Maybe have a couple in super league. My fave player but time and tide waits for no man.

Barrett says, "we can't afford to start the match slowly two weeks in a row."

Josh Starling is starting in the team this weekend. WHY?

Don't get me wrong, Starling isn't the worst, but how can there be some justification for this if Mateo and TRed are in Reserve Grade? Where's Pratt and Leary?

My brain hurts.

Re Killer. I always thought he wanted to end his career back at St Helens. Not that I'd complain if he stayed here of course.

The only thing that Tommy as a fullback doesn't have that Snake does is Brett's decade plus worth of experience. That knowledge of when to join the line, where to tell the defensive line in front of him to go, things like that. And at this stage I would think Snake also shades him with 1 on 1 defence (then again, Snake is probably the best 1 on 1 defensive fullback in the NRL so not being as good there yet is no shame for a 19 year old).

I think we're quite safe with Tommy at fullback, and he's only going to get better. The more pressing problem is who comes onto Tommy's wing? Wiliame isn't the answer, but are Goodall or Lavaka?

Lawrence is great, no arguments there. But to put Starling in after one game, whistle better players, in my opinion only, are out of the team, staggers me.

One game. Using that as a basis of picking a team is a dangerous thing for Barrett to do.

Just my opinion, that's all.
You'll find that both Starling and Lawrence both stood out in NSW Cup last week, listening to the coverage of the game I barely heard Symondd mentioned and the majority of the time they spoke about Mateo was after an error of his.

You'll find that both Starling and Lawrence both stood out in NSW Cup last week, listening to the coverage of the game I barely heard Symondd mentioned and the majority of the time they spoke about Mateo was after an error of his.

Yet I read no more than 20 minutes ago that Mateo will be pushing for selection on Monday night after a strong NSW Cup game against the Tigers.....

Stewart adds so much ball playing and structure to our attack and defence. If he is out I would not be suprised if we lose to the Tigers

Barrett saying snakes about a couple weeks away from returning
Gives Tom more chances at the back but as soon as snake is fully fit straight back in for me

Can we put a blue shirt on him, give him a water bottle and put him behind Tom on the field, tooves/alf style?
Who was our runner last Friday? I was at the game but didn't notice who it was. I thought Beaver was going to do it this season?

I think having Snake at fullback adds so much more. I can't remember the last time I saw him drop a bomb, and he makes so many try-saving tackles.

Add to that his ball skills, the way he reads the game, his support skills, and you see how much he has adapted his game as his acceleration dropped.

I always feel secure when Snake's back there. Williame messed up in goal twice last week by trying to hit the ball out rather than dive on it. I know Brown was complacent in that area too, but I would rather a winger or a fullback to clean up the ball in goal.

Must admit I'm worried we will see Stewart on the field less than 50% of the games this year. Hope I'm wrong, but if I'm right this may be his last year.

One day some individual may be insightful enough to realise there is a gap in convential approaches to health and performance at clubs. Repetitive injuries occur not just becaus of fate or bad luck, but perhaps something more fundamental that is missed by current approaches. But then again, such an individual would need to navigate the politics of people with a vested interest in the status quo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4