Brendan Elliot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
if I remember correctly he gave us all sorts of trouble in Tooveys last game as coach.
I watched him a bit that year at the roosters (I was made to attend a few roosters games for work).
He could be a smokey. He’s pretty quick and can find the try line. I don’t know what went wrong with his career but he might be one to watch for the other wing position.
Great depth though either way.

if I remember correctly he gave us all sorts of trouble in Tooveys last game as coach.
I watched him a bit that year at the roosters (I was made to attend a few roosters games for work).
He could be a smokey. He’s pretty quick and can find the try line. I don’t know what went wrong with his career but he might be one to watch for the other wing position.
Can he defend ?

I hope he turns out to be a good signing and Des can extract the best out of him. Problem is after the Roosters he went to the Knights and i didn't even know he ended up at the Titans? So it's one of those "hopefully he fills his potential" signings which we have banked on with a few players lately.

Fingers crossed though that he can become a solid player for us on the wing where we have had a few issues lately.

Elliot is fast but very lightly framed.
Is good in the open but does not break through tackles, more tries to evade defenders.
Will be a competent finisher and actually defends ok also.
My only concern is coming out of the danger zone in our red zone with defenders rushing up in numbers, driving us backwards and dominating the tackles....we really lacked this in 2018 and the platform of momentum is made in these early tackles.... this is where the Rapana, Oates types get their team on the front foot.
Elliot is a good signing in the sense he would have imo, been in the top side in 2018.

Last edited:
Elliot is fast but bery lightly framed.
Is good in the open but does not break through tackles, more tries to evade defenders.
Will be a competent finisher and actually defends ok also.
My only concern is coming out of the danger zone in our red zone with defenders rushing up in numbers, driving us backwards and dominating the tackles....we really lacked this in 2018 and the platform of momentum is made in these early tackles.... this is where the Rapana, Oates types get their team on the front foot.
Elliot is a good signing in the sense he would have imo, been in the top side in 2018.
Agreed. This guy has ability but the great wingers these days are big, fast and pretty tall. Brendan has 1/3 in that regard so being fair dinkum probably isn't exactly an ideal wing choice. But I always thought he had some class about him - he gave me that feel that he may have ended up with the Tahs playing rugby. (Don't ask me why lol) If he earns a first grade spot I'd rather see him playing in the centres. If we're short on coin I guess we have to stick with Jorge on one wing and then we find a more suitable modern day winger for the other.

Elliott is and never will be anything more than solid. He is basically a like for like replacement for Matt wright. He isn't quick, not evasive at all and is not the kind of strike weapon you need in your centres. He is not a winger either. Hopefully he is only for depth as he is not a starting 17 kind of player, reliable enough for short term injury cover only

He could become the new Wolfman

I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and the true test is who runs on at Leichhardt next season. This will give us an indication on Des' mind of best 17. To me there' two wing, one centre and one second row spot up for grabs in the run on side.

I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and the true test is who runs on at Leichhardt next season. This will give us an indication on Des' mind of best 17. To me there' two wing, one centre and one second row spot up for grabs in the run on side.
Backrow? Thompson, Sironen & Turbo. Who's a risk of losing their gig there?

Elliott is and never will be anything more than solid. He is basically a like for like replacement for Matt wright. He isn't quick, not evasive at all and is not the kind of strike weapon you need in your centres. He is not a winger either. Hopefully he is only for depth as he is not a starting 17 kind of player, reliable enough for short term injury cover only
He is actually very quick. He has scored a few 70-80m tries in FG and I remember Ponga couldn't catch him when Elliot was at Knights and Ponga still at Cowboys.

Ok, he might not be a superstar but speed is one thing he has going for him. He is also pretty handy under the high ball.

He missed last year through injury more so than form so who knows. Robinson was no world beater when he turned up at Manly from Canberra but Des has his ways.

The game that really stood out for me last year was the Roosters game at Brookvale.

You only had to look at the teams as they ran into the field to see who was gonna win that match.

All our body types were either skinny or fat.

Every Roosters player looked ripped, big, strong and fast.

It was like watching boys play men.

Apart from Tom T we had Taufua who is not overly tall and is quite slow. Parker who is skinny and lacks speed, Suli who is overweight and therefore lacking speed, and Walker who is shortish and played without his trademark acceleration last year due to injury.

They were up against Mitchell, Manu, Tupou, Ferguson and Tedesco.

The moral of the story is we need backs!

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
Agreed. This guy has ability but the great wingers these days are big, fast and pretty tall. Brendan has 1/3 in that regard so being fair dinkum probably isn't exactly an ideal wing choice. But I always thought he had some class about him - he gave me that feel that he may have ended up with the Tahs playing rugby. (Don't ask me why lol) If he earns a first grade spot I'd rather see him playing in the centres. If we're short on coin I guess we have to stick with Jorge on one wing and then we find a more suitable modern day winger for the other.
I had a look at the Titans forum his previous club and they say his attributes are his speed his reliable defence and he is also safe with the high balls .
We will all find out soon .

The game that really stood out for me last year was the Roosters game at Brookvale.

You only had to look at the teams as they ran into the field to see who was gonna win that match.

All our body types were either skinny or fat.

Every Roosters player looked ripped, big, strong and fast.

It was like watching boys play men.

Apart from Tom T we had Taufua who is not overly tall and is quite slow. Parker who is skinny and lacks speed, Suli who is overweight and therefore lacking speed, and Walker who is shortish and played without his trademark acceleration last year due to injury.

They were up against Mitchell, Manu, Tupou, Ferguson and Tedesco.

The moral of the story is we need backs!
The moral of the complete story .....
Backs with genuine speed and reliable defenders .

Never seen him score any less Long distance tries, but happy to take your word for it, he is the definition of average for mine.

Happy to be proven wrong, be surprised if he plays more than 3 first grade games next year, unless there are a few injuries

He is actually very quick. He has scored a few 70-80m tries in FG and I remember Ponga couldn't catch him when Elliot was at Knights and Ponga still at Cowboys.

Ok, he might not be a superstar but speed is one thing he has going for him. He is also pretty handy under the high ball.

He missed last year through injury more so than form so who knows. Robinson was no world beater when he turned up at Manly from Canberra but Des has his ways.
The Wolfman seems like a similar player to Elliot and he was going no where at Parra but Des and his coaching staff got his going to another level . Hopefully the same will be with Elliot .

Robinson? Do you mean Robertson?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4