Brendan Elliot and Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I recall Garrick playing against Manly 20 's in the 2017 play offs and he did seem to have good ability . Quite rangy from memory with quite reasonable pace . No doubt Elliot can play a reasonable game of footy as well . Looks like both have been confirmed to be with the club , just have to hope for the best that they can contribute something worthwhile .
Elliot has good top end speed......if he hits the potential he has he is absolutely 1st grade.

Brendan Elliot and Reuben Garrick ???
Nothing to write home about as far as I can see
Maybe they will write a new chapter in their cereers in 2019
Every one deserves the benefit of the doubt
Stranger things have happened

Reuben 2.jpg
Another Reuben............the one on the left, not the bloke with the curls and long scarf

Last edited:
Jesus, even the Northern Eagles could land the occasional decent player. Who are these Neville's?

HOPEFULLY replacing guys like Tom Wright, Jono Wright, and Matt Wright in Blacktown. I'm also hoping Suli spends a lot of time at Blacktown. He seems to be smoking / drinking up a storm with his homies in Fainu and others on social media

I get they need some down time.

But what I see isn't indicative of wanting to live the dream, and do everything he possibly can, using every fibre of his being to make a go of it.

****, if only I was 2 feet taller, 20 years younger, and had half the talent these guys are pissing up against the wall. I'd not touch alcohol, smokes, and get caught up in the party culture.

I'd be so dedicated. But hindsight is wonderful, I know, and I guess if I were 19-20, things may be very different.

Jesus, even the Northern Eagles could land the occasional decent player. Who are these Neville's?

HOPEFULLY replacing guys like Tom Wright, Jono Wright, and Matt Wright in Blacktown. I'm also hoping Suli spends a lot of time at Blacktown. He seems to be smoking / drinking up a storm with his homies in Fainu and others on social media

I get they need some down time.

But what I see isn't indicative of wanting to live the dream, and do everything he possibly can, using every fibre of his being to make a go of it.

****, if only I was 2 feet taller, 20 years younger, and had half the talent these guys are pissing up against the wall. I'd not touch alcohol, smokes, and get caught up in the party culture.

I'd be so dedicated. But hindsight is wonderful, I know, and I guess if I were 19-20, things may be very different.

We do have some budget depth players to replace ....... but don't be too negative .... I remember thinking who the **** recruited Michael Robertson and Dave Williams .... the former a Raiders part timer with a strike rate of one try every 3 years and the later somebodies little brother ...... both turned out to be keepers ...

PSS ... somebody posted that Garrick was the best player on the park in last weeks reggie semi ... ??

We do have some budget depth players to replace ....... but don't be too negative .... I remember thinking who the **** recruited Michael Robertson and Dave Williams .... the former a Raiders part timer with a strike rate of one try every 3 years and the later somebodies little brother ...... both turned out to be keepers ...

PSS ... somebody posted that Garrick was the best player on the park in last weeks reggie semi ... ??
Robbo ended up one of my all time favorite Manly players mate.

Then again, on the back of Lyon, Orford, Matai, B. Stewart, Williams, and Steven Bell, I reckon even I could flourish hehehe.

Jeez we had a flask of riches back then, hey.

Not sure Tommy Turbo, Suli, Parker, Kelly, Walker, Elgey would have the same impact on a new player, but hope so.

Robbo ended up one of my all time favorite Manly players mate.

Then again, on the back of Lyon, Orford, Matai, B. Stewart, Williams, and Steven Bell, I reckon even I could flourish hehehe.

At the back of any great side a player must still back his ability to defend and attack others wise he would look out of place amongst the great players around him .
Players like Robbo were consistent , reliable performers and always did the job .

I’d suggest that until we get our **** well and truly sorted out that the chance of signing any stars might be very limited.

But I reckon we are close to having enough already ( except perhaps two wingers, but we won’t get any superstar versions of them either), so really what we do need is some good honest toilers who don’t shirk the tough stuff, and those two wingers!!

Not at all racist in saying this but perhaps not more Poly boys.

They are exciting , fast and sometimes game winners BUT they do tend to go missing when the going gets tough.

Two wingers, two forwards to replace Perrett / Myles and we are well placed for 2019.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8