Brad Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do think that Brad"s longer term value for Manly and with Jorge , Kelly , Suli , Tom Wright and Anderson presumably available would be as an edge back rower but certainly a benefit with him that he could also cover outside back positions .[ assuming also that Walker may be in the 6 for some time yet Jetski seems to be in favour as a bench back rower and Joel and Sirro will probably be the starting back row next season but competition for any i st grade position has always been the norm . Still pleased if a local junior like Brad can be part of the main Manly squad going forward though .

Parker is not a winger, sure he can jump for a bomb (which puts him above our other 2 wingers) but he is a centre or 2nd rower. Does not have the speed or footwork for the wing.

He is a very good reader of the game hence his good defence and does the 1%ers most of us are whinging about not happening off the ball just in case. Right now he is trying to cover Suli in defence and that is a task even Jake would fail at.

His biggest problem is injuries - just struggles to string more than half a dozen games together. That cannot be good for his fitness or confidence. Had a bit of a run last year and looked pretty good at centre for a few games (the rorters in particular) then got injured the next week.

As Stevo said you need depth players on minimum wage (unless you are the bongos, storm or rorters) and he goes ok as 4th pick. Keep him there, Anderson will take Uate's position and J Wright is gone as well so we can bring in another outside back if we choose.

Fluffy you have nailed it IMO

I think he is a centre trying his best to cover on the wing (outside a centre who struggles in defense), I think he is a serviceable back who is worth keeping in the squad as depth,

However I would like to see him pack on some muscle and be trialed in the forwards at some stage as I think that is a position he could genuinely establish himself as a first grader

I haven't seen much of Anderson and what I have he has been impressive however he seriously needs to put on some KG's before he plays 1st grade. It can be deceptive but he looks lighter than the ranga.
He's a tall bloke but yeah I agree that he could put on some weight. Really excited to see him in first grade though. He's the complete package.

Addo carr is a light weight just 3kg heavier than Anderson- josh is 86kg and seems to go ok.

Screenshot_2018-08-07-11-40-04.png

Anderson stats.

I'm not going to write him off just yet.

He was playing with the kids last year or so ago, got brought up to first grade to cover, did alright. Got himself a decent injury which put him out for awhile.

Sure, there are far better judges than me and maybe I have too much optimism as I see most days just how hard it is to even get within cooee of top line sports teams; maybe I just don't wanna be too hard on a beginner (as I look back at the anti matai comments on here...lol).

So I'm looking forward to his last few games (don't friggen stuff up one more play the ball deep in our own zone though) and 2019.

Go Brad!

What a joke
Take 2008 where we had NBK, Shane Neuman and Michael Bani all in first grade covering

Bani wasn't covering, he started the first 10 rounds or so before Wolfman and was never seen nor heard from again.

Had we not had the wolf step up the year may not have been as strong as Bani's defence was not the best.

Bani wasn't covering, he started the first 10 rounds or so before Wolfman and was never seen nor heard from again.

Had we not had the wolf step up the year may not have been as strong as Bani's defence was not the best.
Fair call - still had the koala and Nuemen as back up

I'm not going to write him off just yet.

He was playing with the kids last year or so ago, got brought up to first grade to cover, did alright. Got himself a decent injury which put him out for awhile.

Sure, there are far better judges than me and maybe I have too much optimism as I see most days just how hard it is to even get within cooee of top line sports teams; maybe I just don't wanna be too hard on a beginner (as I look back at the anti matai comments on here...lol).

So I'm looking forward to his last few games (don't friggen stuff up one more play the ball deep in our own zone though) and 2019.

Go Brad!
I think this is an accurate summary of where he’s at and what should be expected of him. I believe Parker cops a lot of stick because of the fact he’s been heralded as a future star by different people at the club (and they’ve possibly gone overboard with their praise of the kid because he’s a local junior). If he had of been introduced to fans as a local kid trying hard to break into the top grade, I doubt there would have been such an outpouring of anti-Parker sentiment.

Everyone needs to be able to play numerous positions. Parker would be better for a run in the back row for sure. He might just surprise a few playing there as well. He prefers centre. Don't let one fo par cloud your judgement. Parker goes good.

Parker did try yesterday and definitely improved but i see him as a Anthony rodgers type wingman , good at times and definitely not great . Hope im wrong but we need a winger desperately next season and a real good one .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10