Brad Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
how is everyone rating his progress ?

I like the effort he puts in each week, but every time he gets near the ball i'm nervous waiting for the cock up !! Is it only me with that feeling on him ?

I want to like the kid, but at the moment I'm not seeing someone who I think can develop into a genuine first choice wing/centre in first grade

I'll give him this much, he doesn't lack effort, but he's just not real dynamic. He gets manhandled too easily on hit ups / kick returns due to lack of physical presence, and he doesn't have a lot of pace. Not a significantly better option than MWright.

If they run a player pyramid building comp then he will be an asset, but I'm not sure what the future holds for him outside of that

If he fills out this offseason he might be able to develop into a serviceable winger but realistically he's going to be a backup. I feel sorry for him being placed in such an inexperienced backline, he can tackle but makes poor reads under pressure. His dropped balls and lack of execution can be corrected but he needs to be able to bring the ball out of trouble more reliably. Then he can work on his finishing skills.

It does raise the point though...when have we seen either of our wingers get the ball on the end of a backline play this season? All they are asked to do is run it out of danger on a kick return, or burrow over from five out in the rare occasions when we have an attacking spread near the other team’s line. That final play yesterday, when Jorge got away and turned it back to Kelly, was pretty much the first time I can recall a winger getting the ball ON THE WING in our half for, like, the whole season. And wasn’t it good...

Saw this a few minutes ago and could not resist hehehe

38661758_10155627277077747_8758843685677826048_n.jpg

He definitely has a crack but as others have stated, he lacks speed, strength, athleticism and general footballing ability. Can’t see him being much more than a Matty Wright type back up option.

I'll be the first to admit I am a big critic of Parker's. He doesn't have pace for an outside back, he's not big or tough enough to be a forward and he doesn't have the skills to be a ball playing or even a running half.

So I am not sure where that really leaves him as a first grade prospect other than being a fringe player.

However, one thing I won't fault is his enthusiasm and guts because he certainly gets out there and has a dig.

I love his enthusiasm and the fact that he has played first grade in the NRL means he has talent. For mine hes just not quick enough to be a winger and not in the same class as Kelly and Walker. I really feel we are wasting Tom Wright in reggies and I would give him some time on the wing in first grade he has pace to burn.

I see his potential as a running second-rower. In the off-season I'd like him to work with Beaver and test himself in the forwards. He has a similar body shape to Beaver and other rangy second-rowers, and we all give him credit for his enthusiasm. Winger is not his position in much the same way I believe Suli should test himself as a forward. He could become a version of Quentin Pongia - a centre turned front rower.
My wish list would be for Manly to buy a classy winger/centre/fullback such as Cotric, Rapana or Holmes. I'd suggest it worth paying a little overs to attract such a class backline player who, I believe, would turn us into a premiership threat for 2019. We have some really quality individuals and just need a brilliant finisher to complement our current roster, which includes exciting youngsters Tevita Funa and Tom Wright.

Parker is a very good NSW cup standard player and a decent backup in the outside backs at NRL level, but his ability is limited.
Tries his best every game, so respect him as a whole hearted player and in fact, if every player had his effort, we would be sitting higher on the ladder.

I really rated Parker . His first rookie season was exceptional but as we all get to find in time that not all rookies rock
Cant get them right all the time I guess
Dominating player with power and speed that come through always replace the average ones .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2