Brad Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need some explosive speed out wide, especially if they are considering Suli longer term.
That being said, Parker is a local junior, and is amazing depth.
He reminds me of a new born foal or a baby giraffe

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I've never looked at him and thought he will be a good footballer. But i like that he has a crack in defence and at least runs hard on kick returns. He's a local junior worth keeping around for depth but nothing more at this stage imo.

I respect his gutsy attitude. He’s about 6’ 3” and when he fills out I think he’ll be handy to have around. Being a Collaroy Plateau kid I hope he kicks on.

I don’t care where Manly players are from if he is a junior / local or not . All I want to see is the best possible players on the field regardless of being a local junior or not when winning is the only thing that matters.

I am not a fan, in the past we had wingers that won us plenty of games but for the last few years we have had wingers that lose it. Really sucks but what can you do. Back three this year have had so many errors. At least Turbo can play good sometimes.

I've never looked at him and thought he will be a good footballer. But i like that he has a crack in defence and at least runs hard on kick returns. He's a local junior worth keeping around for depth but nothing more at this stage imo.
I’m tired of hearing people saying “worth keeping around for depth”
The last 3 years those “depth players” have been regular first graders.The club needs to be better than that,don’t settle for third rate players.If they’re not good enough for first grade,they’re not good enough for the reggies.

He's a good depth player but that's about it. Wingers have an important role to play in the modern game and it's one area where we've been lacking this year. Just look at how Jorge's injury affected us this year.

Would love to see Jade Anderson promoted to the wing in first grade over Parker. He's a massive talent with speed, size, power, footwork, safe under the high ball and can tackle better than Turbo.

He is tall but a bit slight in build, thus gets handled easy by defences. I think if he got to 98kg + and kept or improved his speed and effort then he would be first grade material but that would take two off seasons to do.
He is just another good reserve grader plating first grade.
Hope he has a big off season.

I’m tired of hearing people saying “worth keeping around for depth”
The last 3 years those “depth players” have been regular first graders.The club needs to be better than that,don’t settle for third rate players.If they’re not good enough for first grade,they’re not good enough for the reggies.
Couldn't give a **** if you're tired or not.

Fact is, Every club needs depth. While not setting the world on fire he is still a decent (albeit no frills) footballer with 22 first grade games under his belt. And he is 21 carrying some Injuries. I don't want him as a first grade winger at this club at this point but 12 months can make a big difference.

I just wish he'd shave that ****ty beard off and take life seriously.

He is tall but a bit slight in build, thus gets handled easy by defences. I think if he got to 98kg + and kept or improved his speed and effort then he would be first grade material but that would take two off seasons to do.
He is just another good reserve grader plating first grade.
Hope he has a big off season.
He's 21 years old mate. He won't get any faster.

He's a good depth player but that's about it. Wingers have an important role to play in the modern game and it's one area where we've been lacking this year. Just look at how Jorge's injury affected us this year.

Would love to see Jade Anderson promoted to the wing in first grade over Parker. He's a massive talent with speed, size, power, footwork, safe under the high ball and can tackle better than Turbo.

I haven't seen much of Anderson and what I have he has been impressive however he seriously needs to put on some KG's before he plays 1st grade. It can be deceptive but he looks lighter than the ranga.

Parker is a very good NSW cup standard player and a decent backup in the outside backs at NRL level, but his ability is limited.
Tries his best every game, so respect him as a whole hearted player and in fact, if every player had his effort, we would be sitting higher on the ladder.

Nailed it right there!

I'll give him this much, he doesn't lack effort, but he's just not real dynamic. He gets manhandled too easily on hit ups / kick returns due to lack of physical presence, and he doesn't have a lot of pace. Not a significantly better option than MWright.

If they run a player pyramid building comp then he will be an asset, but I'm not sure what the future holds for him outside of that
He might become an excellent juggler when he gets the ballhandling issues sorted.

They could use him at halftime, like the boomerang man all those years ago.

He's 21 years old mate. He won't get any faster.

And unless he can put on 7-8kg he will have no spot in first grade. I see him as potentially a solid centre or rangy backrower with centre speed.

Parker is not a winger, sure he can jump for a bomb (which puts him above our other 2 wingers) but he is a centre or 2nd rower. Does not have the speed or footwork for the wing.

He is a very good reader of the game hence his good defence and does the 1%ers most of us are whinging about not happening off the ball just in case. Right now he is trying to cover Suli in defence and that is a task even Jake would fail at.

His biggest problem is injuries - just struggles to string more than half a dozen games together. That cannot be good for his fitness or confidence. Had a bit of a run last year and looked pretty good at centre for a few games (the rorters in particular) then got injured the next week.

As Stevo said you need depth players on minimum wage (unless you are the bongos, storm or rorters) and he goes ok as 4th pick. Keep him there, Anderson will take Uate's position and J Wright is gone as well so we can bring in another outside back if we choose.

It is interesting how Myths develop ..... drop the ball just once .... and 10 years later Silvertails will still be calling you butter-fingers ..

Brad (error ridden) Parker ... 13 games for 7 errors .... 0.538 per game.
Jorge (the Beast) Taufau ... 9 games for 10 errors ...1.12 per game
Uate (The Fijian Flyer) ... 15 games for 13 errors ... 0.87 per game

Just saying ...

Would like to see him play a full game at centre and bring someone else in on the wing. Suli is way too slow out there. Massive liability. Parker to centre Matt Wright on the wing?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4