Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate, his defense has always been good ... the only time he has had issues is when he was out of position on the wing and had to suffer defending outside Suli ....

My biggest hope for him is that he grows into his legs ... they always seem to want to go in a different direction than his brain is telling them to go ...

Love the GingaNinja and wish him well ...
I can relate in some small way to Brads problem.
My legs seem to want to go in a different direction to my brains instructions up the RSL club.
But I don't get the same level of criticism.
Just the odd bit of heckling...

I can relate in some small way to Brads problem.
My legs seem to want to go in a different direction to my brains instructions up the RSL club.
But I don't get the same level of criticism.
Just the odd bit of heckling...

If you have a mate who is a builder ... ask him to run a spirit level over the floors at the rissole ...... could be the problem ...

Brad shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Danny was not just a first grader but had a good rep career. How quick we forget.
I didn't forget Danny's career at all.
I was comparing Brad to Danny at his own rookie year and not after honing his craft for many years. :wait:

Brad has time to excel too :nod:

I didn't forget Danny's career at all.
I was comparing Brad to Danny at his own rookie year and not after honing his craft for many years. :wait:

Brad has time to excel too :nod:

Yes he has. But he in his fourth season of playing first grade so not sure about rookie status. Actually I was thinking how time has flown since he made his debut and played well against Manu in 2016.Probably the mind tries to deny the Barret years lol.

Danny Moore made his debut at Manly in 1991 as a forward I think and after a similar 4 seasons at Manly played test football for Australia in 1995.Reckon he only played a few games in firsts before 93 so was a quick rise. Good player.

Last edited:
Yes he has. But he in his fourth season of playing first grade so not sure about rookie status. Actually I was thinking how time has flown since he made his debut and played well against Manu in 2016.Probably the mind tries to deny the Barret years lol.

Danny Moore made his debut at Manly in 1991 as a forward I think and after a similar 4 seasons at Manly played test football for Australia in 1995.Reckon he only played a few games in firsts before 93 so was a quick rise. Good player.
Brad kept doing his knees so he played only 8 games in 2016 and 2017.
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/brad-parker/summary.html

We expect too much too soon from our juniors IMO :nerd:

Taking that statement to its logical conclusion kigzjiller, all footballers should be born with rep honours and a premiership or two under their belt?
giphy.gif

Manly need to initiate their cloning program :lightbulb:

Mate, his defense has always been good ... the only time he has had issues is when he was out of position on the wing and had to suffer defending outside Suli ....

My biggest hope for him is that he grows into his legs ... they always seem to want to go in a different direction than his brain is telling them to go ...

Love the GingaNinja and wish him well ...
I often have that same problem at 2am on a Saturday evening...

Hank Scorpio is no superstar player, we all know that. He wouldn't even get picked for the old City vs Country even with players pulling out "injured", let alone Origin. And his best chance of playing test football is if his family history includes some Scottish or Irish.

But you don't have to be a rep player to be a first grade player. There have been a lot more first graders since 1908 who have never got near a rep jumper than those who have. Most players go through their entire careers without ever being considered by rep selectors.

Parker is one of those players who is better defensively (especially in the centres compared to on the wing) than he is with the ball in his hands. Des obviously see's more in him than us fans do which is why he's not only in the first grade squad, but is currently playing in first grade rather than at Blacktown. Sure he might not be there if Walker was playing, but the facts are that he is and for all intents and purposes has so far this year been a solid performer.

Who was it who got dropped after the big win in Christchurch for not reaching the set standards....Parker or Suli? Think about that.

Who was it who got dropped after the big win in Christchurch for not reaching the set standards....Parker or Suli? Think about that.

Ok I thought about it.
Brad Parker didn't put on 5kg that he wasn't supposed to.

I agree with your summation of Parker's contribution so far this year.

OK, then I'll put it this way.

When Tom came back into the side for the Warriors game, who did Des leave out of the 17.....Parker or Elliot? Most thought that Parker (or Jorge) should have been the one dropped with Elliot moving to the centres (or wing), but Des kept him in the side.

I'd trust Des to make the better choice than any of us or those pea brains on Facebook and Twitter.

as long as its not the odd man rushing out and leaving a gaping hole

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8