Blonks of 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
View attachment 17118

As if dealing with a humbling trial defeat to the Cowboys wasn’t bad enough, the Broncos now have an added distraction after a pub altercation involving their new assistant coach.
Kevin Walters insists his club is not at war with Brisbane’s Old Boys following revelations of a pub altercation between his assistant, John Cartwright, and Broncos legend Chris Johns.
The ongoing tension between Brisbane’s Old Boys and the Broncos suffered another ruction when Johns confirmed he was embroiled in an incident with Cartwright late last year just weeks into Walters’ tenure at Red Hill.

The big-name bust-up came to light just 24 hours before new Broncos coach Walters watched his side crash to a dismal 34-18 trial loss to the Cowboys on Saturday night.
Johns’ no-nonsense critique reached another flashpoint when he reportedly found himself at loggerheads with Cartwright, who was appointed by Walters as his assistant for Brisbane’s rebuilding mission this season.

Johns revealed to News Corp on Friday he had a heated argument which turned into a physical wrestle with Cartwright at the Caxton Hotel.

It is understood Cartwright has vehemently denied allegations he grabbed Johns by the throat as their heated words intensified.
Walters has spoken out on the incident, backing Cartwright and insisting his current Broncos regime has a harmonious relationship with Brisbane’s demanding Old Boys.
“I don’t know anything about that (Johns’ bust-up with Cartwright),” said Walters.

“To my knowledge there wasn’t an incident.”

Told that Johns had confirmed he clashed with Cartwright, Walters added: “Well if it did happen, I wasn’t there.”

Asked if he would discuss the matter with Cartwright, Walters said: “I’m not going to talk to ‘Carty’ about it, he is a big fella and he can handle his own if that’s been the case.
Denial will be Walters go to reaction this year.

“I don’t know anything about that (Johns’ bust-up with Cartwright),” said Walters.

“To my knowledge there wasn’t an incident.”

Told that Johns had confirmed he clashed with Cartwright, Walters added: “Well if it did happen, I wasn’t there.”

Asked if he would discuss the matter with Cartwright, Walters said: “I’m not going to talk to ‘Carty’ about it, he is a big fella and he can handle his own if that’s been the case.

Geez ... way to get a handle on the place Kevvie ...

If he wasn't pissed he's not a true Bronco....

Brisbane Broncos centre Tesi Niu will face court on Friday after being charged with unlicensed driving.
The 19-year-old was slated to slot into the centres after his debut season for the Broncos, playing six games in 2020.
However, this has been thrown into jeopardy with Niu set to appear in court after being charged with driving without a licence.

This was confirmed by the club in a statement on Thursday.

"Brisbane Broncos player Tesi Niu will appear in court tomorrow on a driving offence," they said.

"He informed the club that he has been charged with unlicensed driving due to demerit points.

"The Club has made the NRL Integrity Unit aware of the issue.

"No further comment will be made until after the court process has been finalised."

From Buzz in this mornings Tele ...

1615070615367.png

So, who was it .. how many "stars" do we have ?

Is Dessie buiding a drinking culture ??

meh- woodsie probably made that up and emailed it to buzz so buzz would print it and woodsie could then post..

hey hey.... remember what you all said about trent hey dig dig wink wink bait the hook say no more say no more...

lol

edit: the buzz article, not the wests tigers one shoe just posted!

edit edit: shoe1

edit edit edit: Shoe1

fml

Last edited:
meh- woodsie probably made that up and emailed it to buzz so buzz would print it and woodsie could then post..

hey hey.... remember what you all said about trent hey dig dig wink wink bait the hook say no more say no more...

lol

edit: the buzz article, not the wests tigers one shoe just posted!

edit edit: shoe1

edit edit edit: Shoe1

fml

Slow day is it ... lousy snow again ??

Young Knights playmaker Phoenix Crossland has been hit with a one-match suspension for his involvement in an altercation at a Newcastle pub.
The 20-year-old has also been fined $900 — with half of that suspended for 12 months — over the incident which happened in November.

The NRL confirmed the sanction on Tuesday afternoon.

blonks everywhere!

Paul Kent has revealed there were rumours circulating that Newcastle halfback Mitchell Pearce suffered his thumb injury in a street fight — not a training accident.
Pearce underwent surgery on his thumb in January with the club citing a “training incident” as the reason for the injury.

However The Daily Telegraph journalist told NRL 360 he had heard an off-field incident may have played a role — but Knights coach Adam O’Brien “categorically denied it.”

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6