Blonks of 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller says NRL adviser Catharine Lumby’s Payne Haas comments were ‘shocking
NRL adviser Catharine Lumby has returned serve after her controversial comments about Payne Haas were called ‘a shocker’.

NRL adviser Catharine Lumby has responded to NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller’s remarks that she “had a shocker” in an interview that appears to justify rugby league star Payne Haas’ foul-mouthed tirade against officers.

Brisbane Broncos star Haas apologised for intimidating police during a drunken foul-mouthed tirade on NSW’s north coast last month.
Court documents revealed Haas told a female officer, “Cause you’re a woman you think I won’t touch ya.”

NRL gender adviser Professor Lumby then created controversy by calling for cultural understanding and not a suspension for Haas for his expletive-riddled showdown.
Payne Haas leaves Tweed court after appearing on charges of offensive language and intimidating police. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Steve Holland

Payne Haas leaves Tweed court after appearing on charges of offensive language and intimidating police. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Steve HollandSource:News Corp Australia

“While it is clear I am not suggesting that the majority of police are racist, it is true that people from some cultural backgrounds have sometimes had a history of distrust of the police which involves members of their family and their community and it can influence the way that they respond to police authority,” Professor Lumby told The Daily Telegraph.
The NRL distanced itself from Professor Lumby’s comments.

Speaking on 2GB on Friday morning, Mr Fuller said Professor Lumby’s comments were regrettable.

“I think she has had a shocker; that’s a shocker of a comment to make,” he said. “You’d have to be living under a rock not to know that policing in NSW is very different to anywhere else in the world.”
Professor Catharine Lumby stands by her comments. Picture: Supplied

Professor Catharine Lumby stands by her comments. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied
Prof Lumby then reiterated her comments, also on 2GB.

“He (Mr Fuller) is entitled to his opinion,” she said. “I was very, very clear that what (Haas) said was wrong and it was very offensive. “But I will stand by this; I believe people of certain cultures sometimes … have had experiences in their community which were adverse with policing.

“I might be more selective about which journalists I speak to, but quite frankly, if you listen to the whole conversation … I don’t think there’s a problem with anything I said.”

• NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller says NRL adviser Catharine Lumby’s Payne Haas comments were ‘shocking
NRL adviser Catharine Lumby has returned serve after her controversial comments about Payne Haas were called ‘a shocker’.

NRL adviser Catharine Lumby has responded to NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller’s remarks that she “had a shocker” in an interview that appears to justify rugby league star Payne Haas’ foul-mouthed tirade against officers.

Brisbane Broncos star Haas apologised for intimidating police during a drunken foul-mouthed tirade on NSW’s north coast last month.
Court documents revealed Haas told a female officer, “Cause you’re a woman you think I won’t touch ya.”

NRL gender adviser Professor Lumby then created controversy by calling for cultural understanding and not a suspension for Haas for his expletive-riddled showdown.
Payne Haas leaves Tweed court after appearing on charges of offensive language and intimidating police. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Steve Holland

Payne Haas leaves Tweed court after appearing on charges of offensive language and intimidating police. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Steve HollandSource:News Corp Australia

“While it is clear I am not suggesting that the majority of police are racist, it is true that people from some cultural backgrounds have sometimes had a history of distrust of the police which involves members of their family and their community and it can influence the way that they respond to police authority,” Professor Lumby told The Daily Telegraph.
The NRL distanced itself from Professor Lumby’s comments.

Speaking on 2GB on Friday morning, Mr Fuller said Professor Lumby’s comments were regrettable.

“I think she has had a shocker; that’s a shocker of a comment to make,” he said. “You’d have to be living under a rock not to know that policing in NSW is very different to anywhere else in the world.”
Professor Catharine Lumby stands by her comments. Picture: Supplied

Professor Catharine Lumby stands by her comments. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied
Prof Lumby then reiterated her comments, also on 2GB.

“He (Mr Fuller) is entitled to his opinion,” she said. “I was very, very clear that what (Haas) said was wrong and it was very offensive. “But I will stand by this; I believe people of certain cultures sometimes … have had experiences in their community which were adverse with policing.

“I might be more selective about which journalists I speak to, but quite frankly, if you listen to the whole conversation … I don’t think there’s a problem with anything I said.”
What Haas said to the cops is bad enough ,but what he said to them as female cops is appalling ,and coming from a 6 foot 5 123 kg grown man its disgraceful.What does everyone think should be the punishment here ?
Im thinking minimum 6 weeks .His actions and words show zero respect for authority and less than zero for females.
So assuming there is no "nothing to see here" because he plays for the Donkeys (i.e what would have happened had serial star f*^&6r ,lick-spittle and z grade CEO Greenturd still been in charge) then I think 6 weeks and a 20k fine !! That will maybe make these bone-heads see some sense.

What Haas said to the cops is bad enough ,but what he said to them as female cops is appalling ,and coming from a 6 foot 5 123 kg grown man its disgraceful.What does everyone think should be the punishment here ?
Im thinking minimum 6 weeks .His actions and words show zero respect for authority and less than zero for females.
So assuming there is no "nothing to see here" because he plays for the Donkeys (i.e what would have happened had serial star f*^&6r ,lick-spittle and z grade CEO Greenturd still been in charge) then I think 6 weeks and a 20k fine !! That will maybe make these bone-heads see some sense.
I think he should be cut down to size, somewhere around 4 foot 6.

Why yes, there is an essential oil for that......

Broncos chairman Karl Morris has vowed to fix the club’s bad boy problem as the NRL’s wooden spooners prepare to kick-off their 2021 redemption campaign without Origin star Payne Haas.

"I want to look at a mentoring program where we have our players surrounded by good people and successful business people to help them on their journey."
“I believe the Broncos do think of players holistically, but there’s a lot of pressure on young players. The whole of the NRL needs to be looking at this issue.
“It’s a different era, players aren’t working full-time jobs, so we need to be spending time on their holistic health."
“I am very disappointed in Payne’s behaviour.”

Broncos coach Kevin Walters refused to talk about Payne Haas at a press conference. Picture: Richard Walker

Broncos coach Kevin Walters refused to discuss the Haas incident after his court case was finalised on Thursday, claiming he would address the issue after sanctions are handed down.

Brent Naden cocaine penalty: NRL issues $5,000 fine to Penrith star​

"The NRL is set to come under fire for the, arguably soft, penalty handed down to Penrith star Brent Naden for cocaine use. Phil Rothfield February 5, 2021 - 10:55AM

Panthers star Brent Naden has escaped with a paltry $5000 fine for using cocaine on the night before last year’s grand final.
The Penrith centre also broke strict biosecurity protocols by having visitors to his house and using the illicit drug — but won’t miss a game.

It continues the NRL’s hopelessly soft penalties on player indiscretions.

Naden was tested after the grand final and returned a positive result.

Under new WADA rules, Naden booked himself into a rehab facility after the grand final to qualify a reduced four-week ban, which he could serve during the off-season.

The NRL will argue Naden didn’t break a public health order.
He told the integrity unit he had a poor captain’s run on the day before the game and didn’t expect to play in the decider after being named on the bench.

The NRL has found no evidence the Panthers were aware of the situation before the grand final after interviewing members of their coaching staff.
Naden is now back in full training at Penrith and is available for selection in round one of the competition in the second week of March.

To use cocaine alone has cost players two-year suspensions in the past, never mind the biosecurity breach on the night before the biggest game of the year."

.....The coach told him to bust the line. It was an honest mistake.

The NRl's chief gender advisor ? .. is that a real thing? ..

Anyway, she says she doesn't want to play the race card ... but then immediately plays the race card by saying she reckons he shouldn't be suspended for abusing and threatening police officers, including threatening a female officer ... because .. wait for it .. people of his race sometimes have a different trust level with police ...

I think she is confused .. and part of the problem ..

[Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said] "You’d have to be living under a rock not to know that policing in NSW is very different to anywhere else in the world".
Hey Woodsie what do you imagine Fuller meant by that comment??
A strong reaction from Aboriginal spokespersons wouldn't surprise, and based on my observations of policing over a long period a strong reaction would be quite justified.

Hey Woodsie what do you imagine Fuller meant by that comment??
A strong reaction from Aboriginal spokespersons wouldn't surprise, and based on my observations of policing over a long period a strong reaction would be quite justified.

There are very good reasons why .. "ignorance" of the law is no excuse ..

If you are seriously suggesting that "cultural" differences are an excuse or even a mitigating factor for abusing and threatening police officers in the normal performance of their duty .. you are building some very rocky foundations for society ...

There are very good reasons why .. "ignorance" of the law is no excuse ..

If you are seriously suggesting that "cultural" differences are an excuse or even a mitigating factor for abusing and threatening police officers in the normal performance of their duty .. you are building some very rocky foundations for society ...
No I did not make that suggestion as you well know, because you can read!
What I did do was ask you a question, but that's OK if you can't think how to answer it!

No I did not make that suggestion as you well know, because you can read!
What I did do was ask you a question, but that's OK if you can't think how to answer it!

Didn't answer it because I have no interest in getting side-tracked into a debate on racism .. the issue was .. is cultural background an excuse for allowing or mitigating abuse and threats to police officers ...

The professor implied that because of racism there may be mitigating factors in Haas’s offence.
The police commissioner implied that NSW police have never been racist and hence policing in NSW is very different to anywhere else in the world.
You have an opinion on the exchange yet assert that racism is a side-track! O-kaayyy, sure, whatever you say!

That's fine, I have no interest in getting side-tracked into your denial of racism.

By what sort of woke leftie logic you interpret, or smugly suggest my disinclination to partake in a discussion on racism is somehow a denial of racism, and thereby claiming some sort of moral or intellectual superiority is very revealing ... however, I am pleased you have been able to attain your conclusions and opinions without my input ..

Your what? Your “disinclination to partake in a discussion on racism…”????

Lol, you began this discussion by purporting to paraphrase a quote from the professor, which you clearly understood to be about the issue of race because you use the word ‘race’ 3 times in one short post!

You then followed up by posting an entire article on this topic you believe is about race, in which a police response to the professor and the professor’s response to the police response, are reported.

But you don’t want to, er, 'partake in a discussion' about it? Of course, and fair enough, why would you!

Meanwhile, does anyone else have the faintest idea what the police commissioner meant when he said, (in the article Woodsie posted, above) “You’d have to be living under a rock not to know that policing in NSW is very different to anywhere else in the world.”
Did he mean our cops are worse?

Your what? Your “disinclination to partake in a discussion on racism…”????

Lol, you began this discussion by purporting to paraphrase a quote from the professor, which you clearly understood to be about the issue of race because you use the term ‘race’ 3 times in one short post!

You then followed up by posting an entire article on this topic you believe is about race, in which a police response to the professor and the professor’s response to the police response, are reported.

But you don’t want to, er, 'partake in a discussion' about it? Of course, and fair enough, why would you!

Meanwhile, does anyone else have the faintest idea what the police commissioner meant when he said, (in the article Woodsie posted, above) “You’d have to be living under a rock not to know that policing in NSW is very different to anywhere else in the world.”
Did he mean our cops are worse?

There is a difference between a discussion on whether a person's cultural background should excuse their behaviour when dealing with police ... and a discussion on whether racism exists ...

The former is in context with the "gender" advisor's comments which I quoted ...

You may wish to broaden the discussion ... I don't ... I just think suggestions that a person's cultural background should require police to take a different attitude to enforcing the law is a recipe for anarchy, and suggesting that they should then be held less accountable because of it .. lamentable ... police have a hard enough job as it is ... a crime is a crime regardless of who commits it ..

In Australia we have people from all over the world, many from places where the police are corrupt, violent, oppressive to minorities and down right evil ... places like Iraq, Afganistan, Pakistan, Somali, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, etc ... we can't allow all of them free will to deal with law enforcement as they will ..

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6