Blast from the Past

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
think that Ray Higgs only played a hand full of games for Manly that season he was there , Some chronic back injury limiting his career then i think . May have had some difficulty in holding down a starting spot in the Manly pack then in any case even if he was relatively injury free .That will always be remembered as a wonderful era in the club"s history around that time , just so much power and pace and creativity in the sides in that era .

If you mean the player standing up I reckon is Keith Harris.
Pretty fair player in attack or defence so they might be his products some how...
Was Keith Harris a former Bull dog player or a future Bull dog at that time . Think that it may have been a former.

I have an article on him at home @manly al but I think he was originally from Tamworth to the bulldogs ( berries) then bears back to bulldogs.
Googling it takes the fun out of it.

002B6F32-17B5-47AF-A20B-F5DA3518E8BE.jpeg
Check out the first pic from the clubs archive on their Facebook page! Who better to start with than the immortal @BOZO this one is for you! Keep checking daily for more great memories!

Just read the Boyd article. Fascinating. It's a pity that he and Brohman cannot bury the hatchet. I loved his time at Manly in spite of his "red mist". After his eye gouge of Billy Johnstone he was cited by the judiciary but played another game for us against Penrith at Penrith. The Panthers were leading at the end with an upset on the cards when someone gave the ball to Boyd. He just charged through knocked players over like nine pins and scored the match winning try. And that was it for Les and Manly. He was only 27 and really deserved some mentoring and another chance.

Just read the Boyd article. Fascinating. It's a pity that he and Brohman cannot bury the hatchet. I loved his time at Manly in spite of his "red mist". After his eye gouge of Billy Johnstone he was cited by the judiciary but played another game for us against Penrith at Penrith. The Panthers were leading at the end with an upset on the cards when someone gave the ball to Boyd. He just charged through knocked players over like nine pins and scored the match winning try. And that was it for Les and Manly. He was only 27 and really deserved some mentoring and another chance.
Thanks Mate, are you able to attach the article on this post

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8