Blake Ferguson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
He isn't having a good couple of weeks. I'm sick of hearing about him and i think in his case acting like a brat needs to be punished by the NRL to de register him for the remaining time on his contract. Sick of players acting like children to force their way out of a contract they signed as 'adults'. I'm not a fan of Canberra but if i was a fan i would be sick about hearing about this again and again..

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/canberra-raiders-star-blake-ferguson-nicked-for-speeding/story-fndv2wef-1226706348049

Agree. I can't stomach that this ratbag will be feted by other clubs simply because he is a good footballer, and yet they will claim they will look after his welfare and transform him into a solid citizen because "we care about the whole person, not just the one that plays for us..."
He should be de-registered and those clubs chasing him should be slammed.

I just think the NRL needs to stand behind the Raiders on this one and to show the rest of the player that they don't care who you are, or how talented you are you will be dealt with. I also thought it was very very weak to let Dugan have a crack at origin after what happened earlier in the year. Seriously no wonder there are a few cases of players trying to get out of their contracts. The players are protected by their association but who protects the clubs? I can understand if a club was mis treating a player but in Canberra's case, not just with Blake, but Josh, Anthony they have been nothing but supportive. Milford was rejected by Brisbane as a Junior and the Raiders gave him a scholarship and look at him now.

Also this rubbish talk of clubs being compensated for early releases is a dangerous precident. Look at Football in Europe. Who ever has the $$$ can just buy players left right and centre. This will leave the league very lob-sided with the cashed up clubs threatening to de-stabalise sqauds and more and more players acting up to get 'sacked'. The salary cap has it's faults but overall the competition has been mostly even and players squeezed out due to pressure...

robbiea said:
What is it with Canberra ?,It must really suck to play there !!

It's full of politicians.
I worked there for 12-months, at Parliament House. I actually enjoyed it, but after one year I needed to return to the real world and I requested a return to Sydney.

if a player acts up and gets sacked for legitimate reasons the nrl should step in like they did with teflon todd carney and de-register them for a period of time. make them go and play park footy somewhere in the bush and have someone oversee their behaviour there. make them do a menial job to bring them back down to earth. doesn't seem to have done toddy much harm

I lived in Canberra for 20 months when I was in the ADF. Painfully boring and bitterly cold. I can see why footy players would turn to the drink constantly with all that money down there.

SeaEagle21 said:
I just think the NRL needs to stand behind the Raiders on this one and to show the rest of the player that they don't care who you are, or how talented you are you will be dealt with. I also thought it was very very weak to let Dugan have a crack at origin after what happened earlier in the year. Seriously no wonder there are a few cases of players trying to get out of their contracts. The players are protected by their association but who protects the clubs? I can understand if a club was mis treating a player but in Canberra's case, not just with Blake, but Josh, Anthony they have been nothing but supportive. Milford was rejected by Brisbane as a Junior and the Raiders gave him a scholarship and look at him now.

Also this rubbish talk of clubs being compensated for early releases is a dangerous precident. Look at Football in Europe. Who ever has the $$$ can just buy players left right and centre. This will leave the league very lob-sided with the cashed up clubs threatening to de-stabalise sqauds and more and more players acting up to get 'sacked'. The salary cap has it's faults but overall the competition has been mostly even and players squeezed out due to pressure...
I agree the Club always take a hard stance against players stepping out of line,but get no back up from The NRL,and if they,the NRL,cant see he is doing his best to get sacked,then they need their eye,s checked,he should be banned from playing for the rest of his contract,otherwise if other players see this,then they can see an easy out from their contracts,they have to make a hardline stance on this

This muppet jumped the shark when he hooked up with Uncle Anthony and left him in charge of his affairs. I expect that he will sign with French Rugby or leave the country on a mercy dash to hook up with the Pleasure Machine. Really who cares about him, he's not that consistently good to warrant any fuss.

The Who said:
robbiea said:
What is it with Canberra ?,It must really suck to play there !!

It's full of politicians.
I worked there for 12-months, at Parliament House. I actually enjoyed it, but after one year I needed to return to the real world and I requested a return to Sydney.

I have lived in Canberra for the past 20 years and it's quite a pleasant place to live. And no, I'm not a public servant or a politician!!!!
Unfortunately the Raiders players have been a protected species here since day 1. A very miniscule amount of their antics have ever made it out to the general public and have been swept under the carpet! They probably still have that mentality............

Garts said:
He has the potential to be as good as Inglis or better imo. Just a shame he is such a loose cannon.

Agreed, Garts. He has miles of talent and could be an absolute weapon. It's just unfortunate he also seems intent on living up to his potential to be an A-grade tool.

It is an interesting one

Yes he appears to be a wanker however how much of this is a combination of his upbringing and how he has been treated by clubs (we all know how the sharks were run). At what point does the system, as well as the player , need to be held accountable

Will de-registering help him as a human? Or is it the best thing? Either way, much like players facing possible legal action , I would prefer if the NRL treated each case individually, investigated it and acted on the merits of the case

True Isz. It definitely does not sound like he had the best upbringing from what I have read. Would not help.

Forget about the upbringing, It is no coincidence that in the last month or so that he has been under Mundines wing, things have gone completely in the wrong direction for him

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6