Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rexs’. "he couldn’t knock a sick girl off a toilet" is hard to beat.
"He kicked it with his foot" and "He's running like a juggernaut"

Any wonder the author awarded him the Tautology Pennant multiple times.

Some good ones here:

In reality, Workers should have at least 10 Sea Eagles Top 30 players playing for them each week however, they are lucky to have 3 or 4 on most occasions, so what would you expect?
We've always got 8-10 of the NRL squad unavailable any given week which is why so few get a game at Blacktown.

I don't really care whether Blacktown win. For many years Manly seems to have used the lower grades solely to try to develop a few hand-picked young players rather than to try to win competitions.

KDL is one of the very few who have managed to push up into the NRL squad by going well in reserves, probably just by sheer hard work and pig-headedness to the point Manly end up using him despite never really rating him.

Yep. I wouldn't be unhappy if DeLuxe got a run in our top 17. Every match I've seen him play he is a no-frills, no-mistake competitor and he'd certainly strengthen our defence. One suggestion would be to play our best three defensive forwards -- Jurbo, Froggy and DeLuxe -- until they run out of juice, supplemented by such 20-minute 'explosive' forwards as Sippers, Keppie, Kapow, Tent, Al, Bully and Walker.
If we can keep our defence strong we have the attacking weapons of Guacca and The Shoe to capitalise when we have the ball.

What is overlooked is the experience of the squad. When you run your eye over the higher placed teams, they have a number of players with NRL experience and a reasonable number of NRL games between them. The top teams also have players with a few seasons of reserve grade experience.
So to say the Blacktown experiment has failed is a call made by us who feel it is a result based business. Even if it was a Manly team, I feel it would be the same results as we have had previously. We don't have players from the top 30 available most times to send down to the reggies. It looks like we are only running the reggies to give time to a couple of the top 30 players as the rest will never get a look in.
There are a few top 30 signings who are Flegg quality players, other NRL clubs are not carrying these kind of players in their top 30 and seem to have more lower grade experience.
So it is either benefit now with a better reserve grade side or keep an eye on the future and nurture the next couple of NRL players from within.

Of interest was that 4 ex Blacktown players were in the opposition: Dylan Smith, Tim Simona, Semisi Kioa and Dane Aukafolau. Terrell May who also played for the Workers last year is now on the bench for the Roosters FG. He looked likely last year and is quite a mobile, bullocky Prop. Are Des/Crusher actually watching any of these games?

While I appreciate we always have players from the Top 30 unavailable, the Blacktown squad is more reflective of the level below (Massey?). Why are other clubs Ressies not struggling as much? We do not seem to have a plan and as such are struggling big time when looking to bring the next FG player up. Why would any prospective FG want to play for Blacktown?

Of interest was that 4 ex Blacktown players were in the opposition: Dylan Smith, Tim Simona, Semisi Kioa and Dane Aukafolau. Terrell May who also played for the Workers last year is now on the bench for the Roosters FG. He looked likely last year and is quite a mobile, bullocky Prop. Are Des/Crusher actually watching any of these games?

While I appreciate we always have players from the Top 30 unavailable, the Blacktown squad is more reflective of the level below (Massey?). Why are other clubs Ressies not struggling as much? We do not seem to have a plan and as such are struggling big time when looking to bring the next FG player up. Why would any prospective FG want to play for Blacktown?
The player most closely linked to out 1st grade team in Segeyaro said Des hasn't spoken a word to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6