Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Watched my first Blacktown game (on Fox) for some time and must admit I was pleasantly surprised given recent scorelines. Having Paseka and Bullemor playing made a massive difference. Paseka in particular was a stand out and should be playing FG.

As many have mentioned Ray Vaega was also a stand out. Runs hard, hits hard. He may have a mistake in him but I agree with another poster he should have played against Melbourne instead of Jorge (and Jorge was pretty good himself on Saturday). Difference was Vaega is 10 years younger and when a bomb went up near him he contested it and made it difficult for his opposite number.

I also though a number of the young forwards looked handy - whether they can play regular FG time will tell. Liked the look of Fulton at lock. Was robust, made good metres. Pace of FG may be a step up at this stage. Sykes who is a development player also worked hard and has something to his game. I am a fan of Tuitavake and he never disappoints. really gets over the advantage line. As other have said, Fifita was impressive. A leaner, taller prop but with a bit of weight could be a real chance at FG.

The other player who I thought did a good job was Humphreys. Not sure if he could replace DCE but he moved the team around well and kicked intelligently and set up at least 1 try. Handy goal kicker too.

I have Fifita above Tuitavake at the moment. Sykes has been progressing well but was overshadowed this week with so many rampaging forwards around him. Sykes would be a good replacement for Andrew Davey in a season.
Humphreys can only get better but is bounced between flegg and reserves. The 5/8 Stevanic is on par with him looking at Saturday's game.
The Reggie's really need to be training week in week out with the nrl team and to be the early game at the same ground so the unused nrl squad can get game time. And Des needs to stop saving so many players just in case.
We were ambushed last time we played West's a few ago. They had madden and liddle in the team and they put a lot of pressure on us.

Toby needs to be encouraged. Something special about him but we will never use him. It will a shame to see him in a Storm jumper carving up.

Yep. I wouldn't be unhappy if DeLuxe got a run in our top 17. Every match I've seen him play he is a no-frills, no-mistake competitor and he'd certainly strengthen our defence. One suggestion would be to play our best three defensive forwards -- Jurbo, Froggy and DeLuxe -- until they run out of juice, supplemented by such 20-minute 'explosive' forwards as Sippers, Keppie, Kapow, Tent, Al, Bully and Walker.
If we can keep our defence strong we have the attacking weapons of Guacca and The Shoe to capitalise when we have the ball.
Interesting tactic TW, and one worth thinking about. Also looking forward to Paseka coming back to firsts again. He killed it playing for the reserves on Sat night, he played out the whole of the first half and made numerous busts and half busts.

Interesting tactic TW, and one worth thinking about. Also looking forward to Paseka coming back to firsts again. He killed it playing for the reserves on Sat night, he played out the whole of the first half and made numerous busts and half busts.
I was behind the bench during the game. Paseka came off and had his knee restrapped. He seemed to indicate that there was a small problem there. Anyway, he was ready to go back on with about 15min to go, but a call came down from Des not put him on, so Paseka sat back down. Hope there was no issue and Des was just being cautious as we will need him

I was behind the bench during the game. Paseka came off and had his knee restrapped. He seemed to indicate that there was a small problem there. Anyway, he was ready to go back on with about 15min to go, but a call came down from Des not put him on, so Paseka sat back down. Hope there was no issue and Des was just being cautious as we will need him
Thanks for the update Jamesie, now I know why we didn't see him in the 2nd half, hope it's just that, a small problem.

Couldn't agree more. He's the little fullback right? Reminds me a bit of Preston Campbell crossed with Matt Dufty.
Yep that's him. It's not always about the size of the dog in the fight hey mate;-) Ben Barber another example of a small fullback who did dominate at the top grade.

He goes bloody good this lad.

A great example to the many sitting out in league biggest junior nursery out west, not getting a look in or going no where.

This blokes no longer playing 3rd grade and thinking he might be a bit better than that grade.

He's been a stand out Ressies and personally putting his best foot forward regardless of if his side has NRL experienced players dropping back that week or not.

I hope he kicks on to the top level.

It’s amazing what one win on tv can do to the perception of how some players are performing.
Not sure if you watched mate but I watched for the first time and I am a very harsh marker and they played very well - certainly Norths only got back into it with ten to go. They controilled the ball well - played pretty damn well - not perfect but they had a good pattern and a decent defensive structure. Now as I said elsewhere maybe Norths were down on troops - that could have been part of it but they were damn good at controlling the ball and getting through their sets and I guess that was a huge improvement on how they have been going. Some people conversely are always trying to find the negatives in everything.

Not sure if you watched mate but I watched for the first time and I am a very harsh marker and they played very well - certainly Norths only got back into it with ten to go. They controilled the ball well - played pretty damn well - not perfect but they had a good pattern and a decent defensive structure. Now as I said elsewhere maybe Norths were down on troops - that could have been part of it but they were damn good at controlling the ball and getting through their sets and I guess that was a huge improvement on how they have been going. Some people conversely are always trying to find the negatives in everything.
I’ve watched all their games that have been televised on Fox but only read reports from various sources on the other games,but they have been awful all year.They were good the other night in part due to two genuine first graders playing very well,Paseka and Bullemor(in my opinion Bullemor is FG standard)Roosters had a few out but it’s reserve grade so that can happen most weeks so I’d suggest a fair win.Im not being negative,im being realistic.I think Paseka proved how big a gap there is between First and Reserve grade

They have been playing all season with no NRL calibre forwards due to injuries and Des not wanting to risk injuries.
They have been playing against sides who largely have had a couple of NRL calibre forwards.
Maybe after having a couple of decent forwards in the side it is allowing the rest of the squad to show what they can do?
Lack of strength in the forwards will restrict a sides ability at all levels of competition.

They have been playing all season with no NRL calibre forwards due to injuries and Des not wanting to risk injuries.
They have been playing against sides who largely have had a couple of NRL calibre forwards.
Maybe after having a couple of decent forwards in the side it is allowing the rest of the squad to show what they can do?
Lack of strength in the forwards will restrict a sides ability at all levels of competition.
What do you think of Sykes ? liked what i have seen so far and could still have improvement . Tuitavake certainly made a good impression in the trials , maybe just needs to adapt more to the faster pace at N R L level . interesting with Bulemor, , really good open field runner and seems a natural edge player but looked upon more as a middle for i st grade Still young and should develop into a handy forward in general

What do you think of Sykes ? liked what i have seen so far and could still have improvement . Tuitavake certainly made a good impression in the trials , maybe just needs to adapt more to the faster pace at N R L level . interesting with Bulemor, , really good open field runner and seems a natural edge player but looked upon more as a middle for i st grade Still young and should develop into a handy forward in general
Sykes is a good player,has NRL ability,probably more a chance next year.
Love Tuitavake mate,my front row rotation right now would be Aloiai and Paseka starting and Bullemor and Tuitavake off the bench.
Everyone bags Boyle but I would love to see him healthy and starting a match,very aggressive but not the fastest player which is becoming more valuable.

Love Tuitavake mate,my front row rotation right now would be Aloiai and Paseka starting and Bullemor and Tuitavake off the bench.
Everyone bags Boyle but I would love to see him healthy and starting a match,very aggressive but not the fastest player which is becoming more valuable.
100% agree on Tuitavake, has that raw power you don't gain in the local gym.
Can really bend the line and potentially the Monster off the bench to change a games momentum.
The only thing with Tuitavake, he may take that bit of time in relation to getting up to the speed of NRL level, as 1 would expect....but I feel after persisting over 4 - 5 weeks, he will maintain his spot in the 17 and be a fan favourite.

100% agree on Tuitavake, has that raw power you don't gain in the local gym.
Can really bend the line and potentially the Monster off the bench to change a games momentum.
The only thing with Tuitavake, he may take that bit of time in relation to getting up to the speed of NRL level, as 1 would expect....but I feel after persisting over 4 - 5 weeks, he will maintain his spot in the 17 and be a fan favourite.
I would have thought prop is the one position we have covered better than any other:
Kapow, Sippers, Keppie, Tent, Bully, Al, DeLuxe, Lance, Jurbo.... Have I missed anyone?

Boyle has had a terrible run with injuries which is a real shame, definitely an N R L level ist grader when he is injury free . Had a better run i think about three years ago or so when he was regularly in the game day 17 for a good part of that season and competing well

I would have thought prop is the one position we have covered better than any other:
Kapow, Sippers, Keppie, Tent, Bully, Al, DeLuxe, Lance, Jurbo.... Have I missed anyone?
We may have it covered in numbers but some are better than others,just sticking any prop out there is not necessarily the best option.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10