Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

aidos

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Aaron Schoupp
15 runs
159 meters
49 post contact meters
1 line break
5 tackle breaks
1 one on one steal
16 tackles 4 misses
1 error

Jake Simpkin
80 mins
8 runs
41 meters
1 line break
2 line break assist
1 try assist
2 tackle breaks
40 tackles 3 misses
No errors
Don’t forget Simpkin had a try of his own too. According to the stats, Bullemor, Humphreys, Faulalo, Navale, A James and Simpkin were all standouts. All those blokes should be pushing for first grade spots with the way some of our blokes are playing.

Ryan

Journey Man
Absolute player of the future. I keep hearing how average he is from people on Silvertails, but I also keep reading these types of articles.

Kid is all class, work ethic, intensity, passion.

Has to start knocking on the door for that 14. role at least, surely.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Absolute player of the future. I keep hearing how average he is from people on Silvertails, but I also keep reading these types of articles.

I’m really confused by this situation. I’ve got the same opinion as you. Every time I’ve seen Jamie play in the halves he looks classy. Also a great defender and seems like his work ethic off the field is exceptional. Not to mention he kicks at 80%+!!

I must be missing something because the club only re-signed him for one year and others don’t appear to be knocking down the door.

On the surface he seems like the most natural DCE replacement. Am I missing something?

Ryan

Journey Man
I’m really confused by this situation. I’ve got the same opinion as you. Every time I’ve seen Jamie play in the halves he looks classy. Also a great defender and seems like his work ethic off the field is exceptional. Not to mention he kicks at 80%+!!

I must be missing something because the club only re-signed him for one year and others don’t appear to be knocking down the door.

On the surface he seems like the most natural DCE replacement. Am I missing something?

Yet, they'll give Lodge (not really a clean skin) an extension while breaking down with an ACL (as a big, slower power player) injury. Go figure.

They'll also go acquire players like Schoupp, James and Simpkin from bottom feeding clubs.

Not really inspiring now, is it.

This is while The Panthers are offering players like David Fifita long term contracts.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Thanks for Posting @The Wheel
Good win and good to see some of our Eagles shining
I do not get the resigning of Brad Parker . From all game reports he does not seems to stand out and make a difference .
Money should have been invested in an up and coming player of promise .

Ohgeez

Yet, they'll give Lodge (not really a clean skin) an extension while breaking down with an ACL (as a big, slower power player) injury. Go figure.

They'll also go acquire players like Schoupp, James and Simpkin from bottom feeding clubs.

Not really inspiring now, is it.

This is while The Panthers are offering players like David Fifita long term contracts.
I get what you’re saying & agree about the Lodge contract mate. If you say we acquired those guys & don’t like it fair enough (even tho Simpkin carved up in his first game of Reggie’s & will be a great signing I think) but don’t leave out Tommy T, Brooks & Brown who have all been good signings from the same kind of teams.

On the Panthers point - they have also signed Laurie, Eisenhuth, Garner, Peachey & Papalii from them in recent times, I don’t think many here would find that inspiring (maybe Papalii? Although he hasn’t looked good for a few years now). They are also looking at more Tigers players in Stefano + Galvin & we should be too.

Ryan

Journey Man
I get what you’re saying & agree about the Lodge contract mate. If you say we acquired those guys & don’t like it fair enough (even tho Simpkin carved up in his first game of Reggie’s & will be a great signing I think) but don’t leave out Tommy T, Brooks & Brown who have all been good signings from the same kind of teams.

On the Panthers point - they have also signed Laurie, Eisenhuth, Garner, Peachey & Papalii from them in recent times, I don’t think many here would find that inspiring (maybe Papalii? Although he hasn’t looked good for a few years now). They are also looking at more Tigers players in Stefano + Galvin & we should be too.

First few games those players were great ! Since then, Brooks and Brown have been average to poor (Brown had one outstanding game) and Talau has been decent.

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader
IMG_7394.png
IMG_7392.png
IMG_7393.png

Attachments

• IMG_7391.png
    IMG_7391.png
    43 KB · Views: 7

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
First few games those players were great ! Since then, Brooks and Brown have been average to poor (Brown had one outstanding game) and Talau has been decent.
Another major factor is
It is not what players a coach gets
It is all about what the coach can get get out of those players

Ohgeez

Fair enough but on the money Talau was signed for I think you could make a case for one of the best signings of the year. It would be nice to see a marquee signing as we haven’t had 1 in a long time but not sure where the money comes from until Turbo & Jakes contracts are over sadly

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Talau has been our best player for the last 2 months! Certainly better than decent. Brown has had more than the one great game too, I think he's still offering some good value and I was heavily against his signing initailly. Agree on Brooks though I think he should be providing more given his position and salary, Schuster was hounded from everyone everywhere in the same spot last year

Definitely feels a bit lame/underwhelming that our signings always seem to be from the bottom clubs but we can only really judge them on how they play for us. I think Simpkin could actually prove to the best one of the lot, we all know how long we've needed an actual number 9 for. Bring him in now Seibs

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member

Simpkin to #9 and Humphries #14 on the bench. We need some spark around the ruck because Lawton is just dogs**t average , GCKT hasn't shown much at all and our actual halves seem bereft of ideas..Fuk if I see Lawton's name again this week the rant will be nuclear.

Carl

Reserve Grader

Perhaps it's a timing issue. Who knows when we will be looking for a starting 6 or 7. DCE could play another few years and will humphreys want to stick around that long? They got burned paying fainu good money so he'd be around when a halves spot came up at some undefined point in the future.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16