Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
Talau has been our best player for the last 2 months! Certainly better than decent. Brown has had more than the one great game too, I think he's still offering some good value and I was heavily against his signing initailly. Agree on Brooks though I think he should be providing more given his position and salary, Schuster was hounded from everyone everywhere in the same spot last year

Definitely feels a bit lame/underwhelming that our signings always seem to be from the bottom clubs but we can only really judge them on how they play for us. I think Simpkin could actually prove to the best one of the lot, we all know how long we've needed an actual number 9 for. Bring him in now Seibs

Whoever they are, they aren't improving our winning / losing percentage at all. That's all that matters to me. We are a dump truck yet again. When you can't win half your games, there's something terribly wrong with the joint.

We have / are amassing an average roster incapable of consistency / winning / defense.

So until we can win at least half our games, there isn't a single player on this mid team (including the coaches / management) that are deserving of praise. If it were a one off, okay. But it's been this way for 10 ****ing years.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Whoever they are, they aren't improving our winning / losing percentage at all. That's all that matters to me. We are a dump truck yet again. When you can't win half your games, there's something terribly wrong with the joint.

We have / are amassing an average roster incapable of consistency / winning / defense.

So until we can win at least half our games, there isn't a single player on this mid team (including the coaches / management) that are deserving of praise. If it were a one off, okay. But it's been this way for 10 ****ing years.

At this stage, we have "won" exactly half our games, haven't we?

AndWeDon'tCare

Reserve Grader
We've won 6 from 13 games. Do the maths mate. Come on now, are you taking the piss?

I believe you could argue that the draw is neither a win or a loss, in your case, you're counting it as a "loss", to support the less than 50% win percentage, whereas Mave is not counting it as a win or loss, thus removing the game and assessing it as 6-6.

We've not won 7 games nor have we lost 7 games.

Semantics really, we're just not good enough to be a team which sits, consistently, in the top eight.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We've won 6 from 13 games. Do the maths mate. Come on now, are you taking the piss?

True.

On the other hand, we have played an odd number of games, and have amassed an exact .500 amount of possible points.

Ryan

Journey Man
I believe you could argue that the draw is neither a win or a loss, in your case, you're counting it as a "loss", to support the less than 50% win percentage, whereas Mave is not counting it as a win or loss, thus removing the game and assessing it as 6-6.

We've not won 7 games nor have we lost 7 games.

Semantics really, we're just not good enough to be a team which sits, consistently, in the top eight.

A draw 100% is not a win or a loss. It's a draw. To win the competition, wins are what is counted, and what matters, hence the term "win percentage", and why nobody ever says "loss percentage".

We've won 6 of 13 games. If we lose to The Dragons at home, season is on ice, and we are toast.

Also, Siebold also only won 40 something percent last season..worse the season before that (at The Broncos)

His past three seasons results are awful (including this one).

AndWeDon'tCare

Reserve Grader
A draw 100% is not a win or a loss. It's a draw. To win the competition, wins are what is counted, and what matters, hence the term "win percentage", and why nobody ever says "loss percentage".

We've won 6 of 13 games. If we lose to The Dragons at home, season is on ice, and we are toast.

Also, Siebold also only won 40 something percent last season..worse the season before that (at The Broncos)

His past three seasons results are awful (including this one).

Ryan,

There is no need to be condescending, I replied to your post about what Mave had stated about "winning half of our games", and offered an alternate position.

That was all.

I'm well aware of the importance of a win percentage.

As for the rest of your post, I agree, Seinbold's tenure has been underwhelming, matched by a majority of our roster over the last three years.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ryan,

There is no need to be condescending, I replied to your post about what Mave had stated about "winning half of our games", and offered an alternate position.

That was all.

I'm well aware of the importance of a win percentage.

As for the rest of your post, I agree, Seinbold's tenure has been underwhelming, matched by a majority of our roster over the last three years.
I didn't mean to sound condescending. I'm just really frustrated at the standards people are both accepting and even celebrating now, and it certainly wasn't directed at you.

We've won 6 of 13 games, and instead of saying yeah, that's not good enough, it's well - what about the loss percentage.

Ugh.

AndWeDon'tCare

Reserve Grader
I didn't mean to sound condescending. I'm just really frustrated at the standards people are both accepting and even celebrating now, and it certainly wasn't directed at you.

We've won 6 of 13 games, and instead of saying yeah, that's not good enough, it's well - what about the loss percentage.

Ugh.

I'm just as frustrated as you are Ryan, believe me, it's a hard pill to swallow, week in, week out, year in, year out.

madmax

Bencher
He has been good, yep. Definitely out performed on expectations. Has that resulted in overall team improvement, for us ?
I agree mate, but Talau has been great. You cannot expect more of him as a signing. If others played as he does we’d be fine. To me it seems some players are not trying? I feel Brown has been worth the risk. We’re missing mongrel back rower & prop. I’d love RGC, Liam Martin & Stephen Crichton at Manly. Along with most of our current side we’d be unbeatable…..
Koula / Hopoate
Saab
Trbo
Crighton
Garrick / Talau
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Simpkins
RGC
Olakau’atu
Martin
Jrbo
Res: Humphries, Brown, Sipley, Aloiai

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I agree mate, but Talau has been great. You cannot expect more of him as a signing. If others played as he does we’d be fine. To me it seems some players are not trying? I feel Brown has been worth the risk. We’re missing mongrel back rower & prop. I’d love RGC, Liam Martin & Stephen Crichton at Manly. Along with most of our current side we’d be unbeatable…..
Koula / Hopoate
Saab
Trbo
Crighton
Garrick / Talau
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Simpkins
RGC
Olakau’atu
Martin
Jrbo
Res: Humphries, Brown, Sipley, Aloiai
The reason the club signed Alioia was to bring the mongrel and be the Alpha Male of the pack.

He has done at times but has lacked the consistency with intensity, no doubt he has been good for some of the younger Polynesian players, though for me there is a step change needed here.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16