Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd take Weekes, Burbo and at a stretch Tuitavake , but those other guys plodding around is Blacktown aren't the answer.

All those boys are 21 or less and most arent playing for Blacktown, for example this week only Sykes is playing Blacktown.

It takes away the cost of running a 2nd tier team from MWSE - apparently best part of $1m
Honestly, how the Penns don’t cop more sh!!t around here is beyond me. Cut corners at every post. Bare bones staff. New CEO every other year. Rot starts at the top and it’s found it’s way through the whole club.

Honestly don’t buy a club if you don’t want to pour money into it!! Instead constantly trying make money from it or penny pinch.

All those boys are 21 or less and most arent playing for Blacktown, for example this week only Sykes is playing Blacktown.
Spud goes (with Sykes), he has decent short little periods, but then drops off. I had to challenge him. Challenge him to meet his KPIs

That doesn't sit well with me. He makes Morgan Boyle look like Jason Taumololo. He's not first grade quality (or even close). Same with Zac Fulton. It's novel having him in there for a game, but come on. He's definitely no Choc coming through. The next "wave"? Our Jersey Flegg team are likely missing the finals (coming 10th out of 12 teams - and regressing) and our NSW Cup team is dead last (as expected).

Spud goes (with Sykes), he has decent short little periods, but then drops off. I had to challenge him. Challenge him to meet his KPIs

That doesn't sit well with me. He makes Morgan Boyle look like Jason Taumololo. He's not first grade quality (or even close). Same with Zac Fulton. It's novel having him in there for a game, but come on. He's definitely no Choc coming through. The next "wave"? Our Jersey Flegg team are likely missing the finals (coming 10th out of 12 teams - and regressing) and our NSW Cup team is dead last (as expected).

Thats the issue you are assessing the quality of our talent on ladder positions when really we its the clubs management of the grades thats been the issue.

For example Weekes plays Blacktown one week, Flegg another, plays none a couple of weeks as he is with the first grade matchday squad then Flegg two weeks, then Blacktown etc etc

Our players are bouncing around all over the place and I don't think its great for their development (and certainly not lower grade results).

As for Fulton, when I've seen him I've been impressed and I thought he looked great on debut.

Sykes may make it may not, very very young for a prop so consistently is not uncommon but Spud........wouldnt really put too much stock in his thoughts, hardly an astute rugby league mind.

Love him though

Jersey Flegg....flogged
BWSE getting flogged can't score a point.
And the sh*t pile just gets deeper and deeper.
That plus our finals dream is over

That just breaks every passionate Manly persons heart

2011 seems light years away

UPDATE: Not that it matters, but with West's 5 points clear of us, with 2 rounds to go - as expected, it's the wooden spoon for us this season..

UPDATE: Not that it matters, but with West's 5 points clear of us, with 2 rounds to go - as expected, it's the wooden spoon for us this season..
Wonder if we'll forfeit the remaining 2 games, it's sure looking that way, our injury mount up only gets worse. Blacktown boys are now basically on standby for injury callups for 1st's.

Have a look at the team list for Blacktown Workers this week. No disrespect to the players who I am sure will give it 100% however not one of them will play first grade. Absolutely no pressure and no one ready to step up. ALL other ressie teams have at least 2/3 FG fringe players running around. This is consistent with Hasler and roster management.

Blacktown idea has run its course. Time to bring the NSW cup team back under the Manly umbrella. Invest in local juniors in the Manly-Warringah comp who grew up wanting to play for the club.
Most of our best young players coming up the grade are from the west .

All the Manly Juniors still have the opportunity to play for our club if they are good enough

You actually make some very valid (maybe unpopular) points here. While I loved what Zac Fulton did against the Chooks to be fair he looked 'ok' in reality. Not a lot of size but seems to have a big ticker. Probably more a journey man than a "Watmough' type but I genuinely hope for the best with him. IF the likes of Sykes for example were FG likely then I guess we would have seen him already.

Re Jersey Flegg/SG Ball. Have a look at recent articles re Schoolboy championships and "Best 50 U16/U18 players in the country". In each category I think Manly had 1 player. The QLD teams and even Tigers had heaps.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8