Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Press the teams button on the official site for the players in the squad who can get selected. The numbers are there.
Lol,I am talking about all the people(on here) you claim are hoping that players from Blacktown will fill in the gaps,my response that only Vaega would be considered I thought would have indicated that.
Who are all the people on this forum who want Workers players moving into the 30?
That is what you are claiming is occuring to back up your point....

Lol,I am talking about all the people(on here) you claim are hoping that players from Blacktown will fill in the gaps,my response that only Vaega would be considered I thought would have indicated that.
Who are all the people on this forum who want Workers players moving into the 30?
That is what you are claiming is occuring to back up your point....
I'm confused by your argument. I'll simplify it: As the season has progressed and players have been moved in and out, I've noticed players that are regular Blacktown players getting full time squad positions on the official site.

I do get they need to plug the holes filled by Taufua, Cust, Fainu and others who have left, but if feels that not only is our roster becoming thinner with talent, it's becoming less talented as well.

Happy to be proven wrong.

I'm confused by your argument. I'll simplify it: As the season has progressed and players have been moved in and out, I've noticed players that are regular Blacktown players getting full time squad positions on the official site.

I do get they need to plug the holes filled by Taufua, Cust, Fainu and others who have left, but if feels that not only is our roster becoming thinner with talent, it's becoming less talented as well.

Happy to be proven wrong.
1- You claimed "many on here"want the holes in roster to be filled by players from Blacktown.
2- I said who are all these people on this forum wanting the holes filled by players from Blacktown as I have heard no one on this forum expecting the holes to be filled by players from Blacktown and then listed the juniors etc...apart from Vaega who would fill the holes.
3- You are confused.....
4- I do not know what else to say.
5-Positions may have been filled in Reggie's by some Blacktown players but apart from the hold out game none are playing NRL and no one on this forum is expecting that our roster next year will be filled by this year's Blacktown players.
6- I can't make it any clearer than that.....

1- You claimed "many on here"want the holes in roster to be filled by players from Blacktown.
2- I said who are all these people on this forum wanting the holes filled by players from Blacktown as I have heard no one on this forum expecting the holes to be filled by players from Blacktown and then listed the juniors etc...apart from Vaega who would fill the holes.
3- You are confused.....
4- I do not know what else to say.
5-Positions may have been filled in Reggie's by some Blacktown players but apart from the hold out game none are playing NRL and no one on this forum is expecting that our roster next year will be filled by this year's Blacktown players.
6- I can't make it any clearer than that.....
Sorry, I get it now.

I'm talking about the people calling for Kurt De Luis to play regularly. People putting Zac Fulton into our first grade team. I read earlier than someone was suggesting Roumanos play. Etc etc etc.

Secondly, why are players listed in the top 30 who'd never play? That's due to a lack of talent. Plugging holes with players who'd not actually take the field...who's problem IS that ?

We keep replacing first grade players leaving us with Blacktown players , the result will be a huge reduction in talent and actual players available.

It takes away the cost of running a 2nd tier team from MWSE - apparently best part of $1m
Then Penn should put his hand in his pocket, or sell the club, rather than going the cheap route once again, making is look like gooses.

0.25 win% since entering the competition with us. Come on mate, and the fact we are running out of talent to draw from says it all.

Then Penn should put his hand in his pocket, or sell the club, rather than going the cheap route once again, making is look like gooses.

0.25 win% since entering the competition with us. Come on mate, and the fact we are running out of talent to draw from says it all.
Running out of talent to draw from?

How do you figure that?

Heap of injuries from the main squad hardly helps matters and to then have some quality players available for the Workers . Also as Smokin Joe mentioned , Flegg being the preferred grade for some of the up and comers and still eligible to play there . If all of the fringe or still good i st grade standard players were available apart from the most likely best game day squad and for example Burbo , Boyle , Bullemor , Parker or Harper even Tippet Toes , previously Jorge , Sipley or keppie and add to De luis , Sykes , Vegara , Smalley , Toby , Seggy and so on , would be a fairly formidable line up . Think that one of the problems with the Worker's overall team strength is some quite average halfs , not being overly critical , just realistic

Having a feeder club is a Must and let me add, there are some good footy players out in the Blacktown and surrounding area's too....are they avoiding us...is it poorly run....is the coaching bad....the urgency seems on the blink when you watch them play, little energy.
I find it just a basket case of a 2022 season with injuries, suspensions ect.
Not sure about the energy and the comradery out there though as they are awefully hot and cold.
There are a few "younger" players who will be added to the side for 2023 and have potential to chase NRL opportunity in the next year or 2 also, which should "improve" the performances.
What happened to the good old days when we had 3 Internationals playing reserve grade and others like Paul Shaw who would have started in many first grade sides.....oh that's right - it's called the salary cap which didn't exist back then and the fact Manly is far from the richest club in the NRL these days.
I think the Roosters still manage to have big money "reserves" and as example I recall they paid $700,000 plus for some pommy winger 3 seasons ago and he played reserves with a few others on $500,000 plus.....unfortunately we don't have that luxury, nor should we....or anyone.

Running out of talent to draw from?

How do you figure that?

Here's next year's team as it stands:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau'atu
12. Tuilagi
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Keppie
16. Sipley ?
17. Bullemor ?

18. Koula, 19. Tuipulotu, you want to list another 11 potential first grade players to draw from ?

Particularly given the above team is WELL down on ability, experience, spark and leadership than this year? The same team currently running 10th and dropping.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau'atu
12. Tuilagi
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Keppie
16. Sipley ?
17. Bullemor ?

18. Koula, 19. Tuipulotu, you want to list another 11 potential first grade players to draw from ?

Particularly given the above team is WELL down on ability, experience, spark and leadership than this year? The same team currently running 10th and dropping.
Suggest that Koula will be no . one centre selection for as long as he stay with Manly and again i hope for at least a 10 year career .Unless he eventually takes over from Turbo at the back

Suggest that Koula will be no . one centre selection for as long as he stay with Manly and again i hope for at least a 10 year career .Unless he eventually takes over from Turbo at the back

Hopefully mate, I agree. Swap either Harper / Parker out.

It worries me that Tuipulotu is already displaying signs of laziness (slowest play-the-ball speed in the league over that 6 game patch). Ridiculous given his age. He should be chomping at the bit.

**** I miss Wolfman !!

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau'atu
12. Tuilagi
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Keppie
16. Sipley ?
17. Bullemor ?

Ah I see your point, I thought you were referencing young talent coming through the grades.

I think next year we start seeing the next wave coming through and tasting first grade, players like Weekes, B Trbojevic Tuitavake, Humphries, Fifita, Fulton, Sykes maybe even Gordie.

Behind them are the L Fainu, S Fainu and Fletcher Myers of this world.

Agree would could do with a couple of 1st grade signings around the forwards and half/hooker but think there is still to come.

I dont think losing Taupau, Walker or Davey moves the needle much to be honest, as you say we are 10th and dropping with those guys regulars in our 17.

Foran could be different....depends on how Schuster knuckles down. Ultimately though with his upside you needed to take the plunge sooner or later.

Finally, c'mon, Koula is a lock at starting centre moving forward

Last edited:
Hopefully mate, I agree. Swap either Harper / Parker out.

It worries me that Tuipulotu is already displaying signs of laziness (slowest play-the-ball speed in the league over that 6 game patch). Ridiculous given his age. He should be chomping at the bit.

**** I miss Wolfman !!
really need a good all round 13 , Jake obviously is a great competitor and player but not a great and complete 13

Ah I see your point, I thought you were referencing young talent coming through the grades.

I think next year we start seeing the next wave coming through and tasting first grade, players like Weekes, B Trbojevic Tuitavake, Humphries, Fifita, Fulton, Sykes maybe even Gordie.

Agree would could do with a couple of 1st grade signings around the forwards and half/hooker but think there is still to come.

I dont think losing Taupau, Walker or Davey moves the needle mych to be honest, as you say we are 10th and dropping with those guys regulars in our 17.

Foran could be different....depends on how Schuster knuckles down. Ultimately though with his upside you needed to take the plunge sooner or later.

I'd take Weekes, Burbo and at a stretch Tuitavake , but those other guys plodding around is Blacktown aren't the answer.

Maybe a few years for the Flegg boys.

As Spud Carroll pertinently said himself in commentary, none of the boys are putting their hands up to demand selection. His words, not mine, so don't shoot the messenger.

But like I said, it proves that our roster is appalling, particularly next season. Des can't and won't attract players.

I dont think losing Taupau, Walker or Davey moves the needle mych to be honest, as you say we are 10th and dropping with those guys regulars in our 17.

Yeah , should have mentioned Tuitavake , just shows so much promise . Fletcher - Myers looks like a real up and comer

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8