Blacktown Workers ... 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So happy to be wrong with my earlier post

With out final being played at north Sydney oval I may even go watch them play next week.

Well done to the boys on making the finals
Wish our first grade squad played with the same effort and desire.
I’ll see u there Davo !!!

FB_IMG_1693106678083.jpg

No doubt BWSE are excited you’ve jumped on the bandwagon,especially given you’ve bagged them all season
Yes I've bagged them for being sh*t since we linked up with them which they have been and I'll continue to disagree with the concept.

Congratulations to the BWSE for making the final 5 and having a storming 2nd half of the season.

Today they overcame adversity in half 1 and held their nerve and dominated the 2nd half.

Josh Schuster was a stand out creating tries, got us some repeats with his kicking game and he looked like he was enjoying himself which was so nice to see.

Good game up against a team that about 6 weeks ago, was vying for the #1 spot. CB started well and they had no trouble exposing the wingers when they were back for kicks. It took about 20 minutes before the Eagles got to play the ball in the CB half. Schuster was able to unlock Faulalo a couple of times down the touchline with one of his runs resulting in a try in the corner. Roache made a break or two in the first half.
Schuster overall was fairly involved and played all 80 minutes. Lots of cut out passes which found the mark.
Early in the 2nd half, he busted CB wide open for what was maybe a 30 metre run to the tryline where he offloaded to Boyle to score.
Toby usual good probing game. Zac Fulton with his usual bustling try.

Last edited:
Good game up against a team that about 6 weeks ago, was vying for the #1 spot. CB started well and they had no trouble exposing the wingers when they were back for kicks. They ran around Ray and he looked quite despondent at the time. It took about 20 minutes before the Eagles got to play the ball in the CB half. Schuster was able to unlock Faulalo a couple of times down the touchline with one of his runs resulting in a try in the corner. Roache made a break or two in the first half.
Schuster overall was fairly involved and played all 80 minutes. Lots of cut out passes which found the mark.
Early in the 2nd half, he busted CB wide open for what was maybe a 30 metre run to the tryline where he offloaded to Boyle to score.
Toby usual good probing game. Zac Fulton with his usual bustling try.
What was the difference with the Schu today in your opinion @eagle66 ?

Did he look more active than his recent 1st grade efforts or was the standard of defence just poorer giving him more time/space to move and create space for receivers?

@frank stokes Schuster looked the same as he did playing NRL to me. You get the sense that the Club is giving him opportunities to better himself. I saw Siebold standing out in the sun at one end of the field for the first 20 minutes watching how Schuster was going.
I feel he would have done exactly the same in the NRL today considering the standard of the opposition. I want him to succeed and this may be his only game in reserves. He was making his tackles. I think he only missed the one tackle but he turned and was part of that tackle. He plays a different speed to some other playmakers but he does create time like Cliffy did.
The stats will show he had a good game and he did. The big deal was the big minutes he played, he earnt success and in turn enjoyed the game. His try assist at the start of the 2nd half was a gem. Not what you would have expected from him but what we want from ala Foran style.

@frank stokes Schuster was able to create space for the outside backs even in traffic and he was very good with the cut out passes. Only once I reckon he did a no look pass but everything hit its mark.
Good to hear… I have noticed that opposition players are trying to give him no space in the NRL.. they take time away from him and our structures are not typically sufficient to give him an out…

It was different when you had Turbo chiming in because they if rushed up and Schu got the ball away then Turbo would strip them but our fill-in FBs are not as good positionally (and not as threatening generally obviously) and Schu has our slower centre/wing combo on his side…

Glad to hear he went well… personally I have thought his effort lately seems lacking but it may just be his playing style generally that makes everything look worse when things are not coming off for him…

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10