Blacktown Workers ... 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I a
You're taking aim at the messenger @SeaEagleRock8 . I'm just telling you what I heard in the same convo as Weekes being extended.

Secondly, what is said by CEO's / Coaches, and what is the truth can be two entirely different things (an obvious example was the Melbourne Storm cap cheating that they both "knew nothing about").

Third, I used to have a great relationship with Grant Mayer, who told me some home truths (mainly because I provided a major front of jersey sponsor - NAB to Tim Wilson - was that his name? CEO before Mayer), about how clubs would massage stories in the media to avoid heat / failures / faults (so I 100% know it happens). I could give examples, but I'm not opening myself up to that with you, as you seem to be blaming me for this, or at best making accusations.

Let's not be naive mate. There's many things / dealings we don't know about. Many things portrayed a certain way, but happened in a completely different way. Cover ups. Everything.

I always thought this was the case with his train and trial. Seemed like a soft launch for his signing due to the backlash his past might cause amongst supporters. If we can put him in for a few weeks and he plays well then the sentiment would shift fast. Likely he was already signed up for a healthy contract and he just unluckily got injured.

You're taking aim at the messenger @SeaEagleRock8 . I'm just telling you what I heard in the same convo as Weekes being extended.

Secondly, what is said by CEO's / Coaches, and what is the truth can be two entirely different things (an obvious example was the Melbourne Storm cap cheating that they both "knew nothing about").

Third, I used to have a great relationship with Grant Mayer, who told me some home truths (mainly because I provided a major front of jersey sponsor - NAB to Tim Wilson - was that his name? CEO before Mayer), about how clubs would massage stories in the media to avoid heat / failures / faults (so I 100% know it happens). I could give examples, but I'm not opening myself up to that with you, as you seem to be blaming me for this, or at best making accusations.

Let's not be naive mate. There's many things / dealings we don't know about. Many things portrayed a certain way, but happened in a completely different way. Cover ups. Everything.
Just an addition to that. If anyone thinks that the NRL stringently polices it's own salary cap rules then they are also very naive. The amount of blind eyes and turned heads to what really goes on in club land by the NRL heirarchy would fill What's the Buzz columns for years. Don't think for 1 second that this sport is a level playing field run by squeaky clean rules. It's not. All the NRL really cares about is bums on seats and eyes on the TV. How it gets those is any way it can.

Well hopefully your info is wrong. To have a coach and CEO outright lie to everyone would reflect awfully on the club, and on the game too if that is considered par for the course nowadays.

I can understand the suspicion, as @Heckenberg says it was always a fair bet the club was 'shy' about announcing Lodge due to his history. Anyway I suppose it will come out eventually.

Mestrov said (post injury) Lodge would not be top 30, but if they keep a spot free for him that amounts to the same disadvantage to Manly.
(Also, but not entirely sure about this, I think if he is on a fat deal he must be included in the Top 30, can't be 'train and trial' or development, according to NRL rules?)

Well hopefully your info is wrong. To have a coach and CEO outright lie to everyone would reflect awfully on the club, and on the game too if that is considered par for the course nowadays.

I can understand the suspicion, as @Heckenberg says it was always a fair bet the club was 'shy' about announcing Lodge due to his history. Anyway I suppose it will come out eventually.

Mestrov said (post injury) Lodge would not be top 30, but if they keep a spot free for him that amounts to the same disadvantage to Manly.
(Also, but not entirely sure about this, I think if he is on a fat deal he must be included in the Top 30, can't be 'train and trial' or development, according to NRL rules?)

Things can change on the fly as well, let's not forget that to be fair. I was told Curtis Sironen had signed with us, told a few people by DM, shortly after the media said we approached, but a deal had fallen through (which made me look like a goose), then what do you know, he HAD signed, so there's that.

People don't even know Grant Mayer signed Tupou (not Daniel) but that aggressive forward who played for The Roosters, then Raiders. He then got an offer at the time from another club, his management demanded a huge upgrade to what he'd just signed (but not registered with Manly), or he'd backflip, so we told him where to go. That's a fact that I've never told anyone.

So honestly, I hope it's NOT true @SeaEagleRock8 ! I have that slight hope the contract wasn't registered / stamped yet by the NRL, and we got a get out of jail free card and pulled the pin (that's just me and wishful thinking btw). That being said, quite a few players came out publicly saying they "heard we were sticking with him", so I'm guessing maybe not - who knows. What I do know , is they'll sell it in a way that makes them look good, but in reality has ****ed us salary cap wise (Moses stuff), and that is what it is.

Least WE know with whatever rubbish they and the media roll out, it's bull****.

Jobs for the boys now. It's why we are rolling with all these mercenaries like Moses, Flanagan, looked at Blake Green. I'm actually worried about the history of this club.

Bob Fulton shielded is from this crap.

Can we get Samuela to backflip? I'd actually rather him than Lodge tbh. If Wighton might backflip on the bunnies, surely we can convince Sam too ! He's EXACTLY what we need. Big,intense, lean, mobile, fast. Very different to the moulds of Jake, Sipley, Keppie & all the others.
Sadly I am also of the view a samuela type is what we need in the back row. Sadly we also need a fit lodge. And a hooker. A fit turbo. And possibly a extra % out half the rest like Keppie and Paseka. It's a work in progress but we have some ways to go.

Jobs for the boys now. It's why we are rolling with all these mercenaries like Moses, Flanagan, looked at Blake Green. I'm actually worried about the history of this club.

Bob Fulton shielded is from this crap.
I have no idea where the club is going, with Penn in charge we seem stuck at mid-level, with Turbo and possibly Schu (yeah I know) the only chance of making a grand final.
Not sure about your Fulton comment though, wasn't he the one who pointed us to western Sydney? Where admittedly we signed some talented youngsters, but aside from Haumole none have come to the fore so far, and a few we invested heavily in are out the door with nothing for Manly to show for it.
I'd like us to sign some no frills gutsy worker types to set a solid foundation, and later try to add a top liner or 2 after we've established that foundation. Can Seibold deliver? I live in hope (still!)

I have no idea where the club is going, with Penn in charge we seem stuck at mid-level, with Turbo and possibly Schu (yeah I know) the only chance of making a grand final.
Not sure about your Fulton comment though, wasn't he the one who pointed us to western Sydney? Where admittedly we signed some talented youngsters, but aside from Haumole none have come to the fore so far, and a few we invested heavily in are out the door with nothing for Manly to show for it.
I'd like us to sign some no frills gutsy worker types to set a solid foundation, and later try to add a top liner or 2 after we've established that foundation. Can Seibold deliver? I live in hope (still!)

I agree mate. Who found the Stewart's? Matai? Foran? DCE? Etc, etc, etc? Why aren't we getting those absolute gems anymore coming through?

The issue with these kids from our west, is they don't seem to have that stock together at any cost, play for the emblem culture guys like Choc had before the club screwed him.

Wasting $$$$ on a player after 1-2 games given his checkered background though? Bringing in Woods, who a club gave away for nothing? Tuilagi was ORDINARY at The Tigers - and that hasn't changed. Talau though - why? Condon - in another teams top 40 and not given 1 second of first grade an entire season - we gave him multiple years. Croker at Hooker for half a decade now - yet the club doesn't see that we've never succeeded with him there (check out the club's win / loss with him there).

I'm at a point that low ATM with our club, I'm starting to think is there a form of sabotage going on here? I know there's not, it's just that I'm THAT disconnected.

I won't be watching this week's game for many reasons. I don't see the point.

I agree mate. Who found the Stewart's? Matai? Foran? DCE? Etc, etc, etc? Why aren't we getting those absolute gems anymore coming through?

The issue with these kids from our west, is they don't seem to have that stock together at any cost, play for the emblem culture guys like Choc had before the club screwed him.

Wasting $$$$ on a player after 1-2 games given his checkered background though? Bringing in Woods, who a club gave away for nothing? Tuilagi was ORDINARY at The Tigers - and that hasn't changed. Talau though - why? Condon - in another teams top 40 and not given 1 second of first grade an entire season - we gave him multiple years. Croker at Hooker for half a decade now - yet the club doesn't see that we've never succeeded with him there (check out the club's win / loss with him there).

I'm at a point that low ATM with our club, I'm starting to think is there a form of sabotage going on here? I know there's not, it's just that I'm THAT disconnected.

The game will be worth watching to see what Gordie has to offer, it’s a shame we lost a few talented juniors this season who could have been knocking the door down for a game now.

I would like to see Humphries get a run next week, not much else the club can get out of the last two games other than try some of the junior talent.

The game will be worth watching to see what Gordie has to offer, it’s a shame we lost a few talented juniors this season who could have been knocking the door down for a game now.

I would like to see Humphries get a run next week, not much else the club can get out of the last two games other than try some of the junior talent.
Hoping Brandy's son is a goer too

Crusher Cleal was the mastermind who brought in a lot of those gems (Stewart Bros,Matai, Lyon, etc)
He's retired and too old now understandably. He had a lot of networks and connections in the bush and an eye for talent to able to get in early for those topline players before the other scouts did.
You can't replace a guy like that easily, in fact I doubt the club can.

I hope Humphries is given a chance in 1st grade, once DCE retires. Brooks by that stage will be in his 30s, so there will be a few spots opening up in the halves.

Crusher Cleal was the mastermind who brought in a lot of those gems (Stewart Bros,Matai, Lyon, etc)
He's retired and too old now understandably. He had a lot of networks and connections in the bush and an eye for talent to able to get in early for those topline players before the other scouts did.
You can't replace a guy like that easily, in fact I doubt the club can.
For the record, Dennis Moore discovered Mattai and got him to Manly, Cleal took the credit for it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10