Blacktown Workers ... 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Another player of interest, was the departing Samuela Fainu. In this grade, very much an Olakau'atu style player. Did a couple of good things in attack and works with his outside guys.
Still think he should be in the middle but as you can sense, my couch is welded to my butt.

He was at 5/8th. Looked like an edge forward at the start but he settled more into 5/8 as the game progressed. Did some of the tactical kicking and spiral bombs which caused some panic at the back of the Bulldogs. And I forgot he kicked a 40/20.
Interesting. I forget the exact quote but I think when Schu signed his new deal, and we already knew Brooks was coming, he made some comment about Seibold wanting to look outside traditional position roles. Or at least that's how I took it. Next year might be quite interesting!

Was Schu at 5/8 or in the forwards?
We were out there yesterday to see him play and he played very well. Significantly more involved and played the entire 80 minutes. Played more back rower on our left side but was in there at 5/8 and dummy half a few times so looked like a roaming commission. Our middles played well and they gave him a bit more time and space as did Jake Toby from fullback. If we can provide that level support around him in 1sts then he will do equally well in firsts. Yesterday I think would have spiked up his confidence considerably. He needed that badly. Second row is definitely his best position.

Still have to try and fit in Weekes and Ferris somehow too i guess .
Maybe Harper will not be eligible now .
Noted how Boyle strided out well after backing up Shu , not the slowest prop going around and work rate can be quite reasonable as well .
just so many injury concerns which has been a shame all round
Very capable back line and with a back row of Matterson , Sam Fainu and Zac Fulton , Sykes , Boyle , Condon and Diaz up front , looking good there as well Very handy 9 in Roache and maybe even G C T K available
Then Humphries and Latu Fainu maybe also available ?
interesting times for sure , playing some good footy by the looks of it , finally have hit their straps with a bit better continuity in the game day sides and maybe could be very competitive in the play offs

I saw the Blacktown game and they came from behind to win and overcame some early lapses.

Josh Schuster played a great game. 40/20, 3 try assists and he had the Dogs back 3 all at see with his tactical kicking.

I expect next year that DCE will be very much on our right side of attack, Brooks the left side. Both have good kicking games and a running game.

What I saw yesterday is that Schuster has a really good hook kick from right to left and he can certainly compliment what the halves do and take some heat off them.

Blacktown can do some damage in the finals if they cut back on some basic mistakes. Their form has been very solid over the last 2 months.

Last edited:
Thank you @The Wheel

The Blacktown eagles road to finals Glory are the Epitome of Resilience Always Trumps over Excuses

You can have Excuses for failure or you can have finals success
You can never have both
And this is why we do not have both our NRL Eagles and Blacktown Eagles representing our legendary club into finals Glory

The Blacktown Eagles Coach had half his team eliminated assisting their NRL Manly Brothers
But that Adversity did not over come their Resilience to eliminate them from their break through against all odds success to finals Glory

No one has ever Over achieved by making Excuses
Excuses only Exclude teams from making the Finals
1693186327959.png

Congratulations to the BWSE for making the final 5 and having a storming 2nd half of the season.

Today they overcame adversity in half 1 and held their nerve and dominated the 2nd half.

Josh Schuster was a stand out creating tries, got us some repeats with his kicking game and he looked like he was enjoying himself which was so nice to see.
great to here that Sheridan re the Schu ,maybe its a confidence/phycological thing with him

great to here that Sheridan re the Schu ,maybe its a confidence/phycological thing with him
I think its fair to say that playing for Blacktown was a release for Josh yesterday. Slower pace gave him a lot more time to show his skills.

I think with him its maintaining fitness, focus and working on consistency. It really looked like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders, yesterday he played with freedom.

What was nice to see is there was a reaction from him and he enjoyed his game. That is encouraging!

Clayton Faulalo should be playing first grade for manly looks like a better player than tui and vaega. But taking him out of the blacktown side right now would stuff them up so leave him there.
How this kid has not made an appearance in 1st grade this year is weird. Not only did he bag a couple of tries yesterday, he also ended up as the leading try scorer in the Reserves competition with 29 tries. he is also a terrific goal kicker. Given our wing problems this year, how does he not make 1st grade with those credentials??.

How this kid has not made an appearance in 1st grade this year is weird. Not only did he bag a couple of tries yesterday, he also ended up as the leading try scorer in the Reserves competition with 29 tries. he is also a terrific goal kicker. Given our wing problems this year, how does he not make 1st grade with those credentials??.
Not a terrific goalkicker. Missed heaps at the start of the year. That's why Johns and Humphrey are first choice

Speculating as I have no idea, but perhaps he isn’t contracted to Manly to be eligible for selection ?

I think its fair to say that playing for Blacktown was a release for Josh yesterday. Slower pace gave him a lot more time to show his skills.

I think with him its maintaining fitness, focus and working on consistency. It really looked like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders, yesterday he played with freedom.

What was nice to see is there was a reaction from him and he enjoyed his game. That is encouraging!
I noticed something real impressive from those highlights, Schu actually takes the defensive line on before trying the pretty passes....this is a MUST imo where Schu needs to just get that ball a few times early and run hard with that late footwork....will bend the line all day and will take heat off his passing game as defence will be in 2 minds.
Many of his games in Top grade he just has PASS on the brain and if he can challenge the opposition with his running game, I feel this will open up his options, gain confidence and having him a "Tougher" footy player who can show them why he is on the big bucks...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10