Blacktown Workers ... 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Unless he is injured, Sam Fainu has been punted from the Blacktown team. Yet, Latu is selected at half.
I wonder what the thinking is behind the treatment of the Bros? We seem to have adopted a "throw the baby out with the bath water" approach, hurting our chances of winning matches for spiteful reasons.
Of course, I have no idea. But I do know that Sam is a better player than some of those currently playing in our top 17.
He's named in the 22 squad for 1st grade

Unless he is injured, Sam Fainu has been punted from the Blacktown team. Yet, Latu is selected at half.
I wonder what the thinking is behind the treatment of the Bros? We seem to have adopted a "throw the baby out with the bath water" approach, hurting our chances of winning matches for spiteful reasons.
Of course, I have no idea. But I do know that Sam is a better player than some of those currently playing in our top 17.
Not sure where you are getting the info from re Samuela - he has been playing for Blacktown last few weeks

Can we get Samuela to backflip? I'd actually rather him than Lodge tbh. If Wighton might backflip on the bunnies, surely we can convince Sam too ! He's EXACTLY what we need. Big,intense, lean, mobile, fast. Very different to the moulds of Jake, Sipley, Keppie & all the others.

Can we get Samuela to backflip? I'd actually rather him than Lodge tbh. If Wighton might backflip on the bunnies, surely we can convince Sam too ! He's EXACTLY what we need. Big,intense, lean, mobile, fast. Very different to the moulds of Jake, Sipley, Keppie & all the others.
Be good if he could but that 500 k contract offer from the TTggies unfortunately would be something that Manly could not match . at least in the short term
in an ideal world , great if both Sam and Latu could have been retained long term but the circumstances just not lining up for that to have been a reality

Be good if he could but that 500 k contract offer from the TTggies unfortunately would be something that Manly could not match . at least in the short term
in an ideal world , great if both Sam and Latu could have been retained long term but the circumstances just not lining up for that to have been a reality
I'm thinking we're in need of another good hard as nails front rower to complement Lodge and Paseka rather than another backrower Al, even tho Sam's games on the up and up, anyways, guess we'll see how good they both are at another club next season ?..

I'm thinking we're in need of another good hard as nails front rower to complement Lodge and Paseka rather than another backrower Al, even tho Sam's games on the up and up, anyways, guess we'll see how good they both are at another club next season ?..

Lodge should be returning to full training about this time next year. We've basically burnt cap to support him through rehab.

Lodge should be returning to full training about this time next year. We've basically burnt cap to support him through rehab.
May not be as long as that Ryan, read on here Lodge looking at about 9mths out. So, if right looking at a return for Lodge around April-May. Lets all hope for this outcome.

May not be as long as that Ryan, read on here Lodge looking at about 9mths out. So, if right looking at a return for Lodge around April-May. Lets all hope for this outcome.

Yup, up to 9 months to "recover", but then take into consideration getting back to match fitness. If we threw Lodge right back into the thick of things at that stage, I'd question our processes. At best, he'd get to current game type health and fitness in 11-12+ months. Particularly given someone his shape, size and type. He's not a 5 foot 5, 55k/g light weight.

This will be a tough, slow, arduous process, and frankly, we are giving him an absolute lifeline, which will have an adverse affect on our salary cap utilization. This speaks volumes to me about how serious as a club we are to win a premiership, versus giving a job to "the boys".

How is rehabilitation after an ACL reconstruction typically structured?
  • Phase I - First two weeks after surgery.
  • Phase II - two to six weeks after surgery.
  • Phase III - six weeks to three to four months after surgery.
  • Phase IV - four to six months after surgery. ...
  • Phase V - return to sport, usually at six months

Yup, up to 9 months to "recover", but then take into consideration getting back to match fitness. If we threw Lodge right back into the thick of things at that stage, I'd question our processes. At best, he'd get to current game type health and fitness in 11-12+ months. Particularly given someone his shape, size and type. He's not a 5 foot 5, 55k/g light weight.

This will be a tough, slow, arduous process, and frankly, we are giving him an absolute lifeline, which will have an adverse affect on our salary cap utilization. This speaks volumes to me about how serious as a club we are to win a premiership, versus giving a job to "the boys".

How is rehabilitation after an ACL reconstruction typically structured?
  • Phase I - First two weeks after surgery.
  • Phase II - two to six weeks after surgery.
  • Phase III - six weeks to three to four months after surgery.
  • Phase IV - four to six months after surgery. ...
  • Phase V - return to sport, usually at six months
Well going this Rehab chart board, Lodge is nearly past Phase 2, and Phase 5 return to sport in 6mths, so he did his ACL in late July I think, so going on this it's January, but It'll be later than this I suspect. So maybe a March start might not be out of the question then..just sayin..

Not sure where you are getting the info from re Samuela - he has been playing for Blacktown last few weeks
He is not listed in the team this weekend. I'm now told he is listed in the NRL reserves.
I must say I find the system of nominating a Workers team on Tuesday without any of the NRL reserves very confusing. What is the point of listing players that will be replaced before kick-off?

The fact Samuela has not been seen in first grade for the majority of the season basically paints the picture unfortunately.... we have even rather picked plodders like woods and keppie over him so I don't think there's any coming back... which is very disappointing!

Just how mestrov and co sold it to the public/ fans... he was already signed for next season before the acl
You've heard the same things as me hey? It was already sign sealed and delivered, and it's quite a contract I believe. Basically a fat chunk of our salary cap down the crapper, before a balls even kicked, but Moses (and Lodge) are sitting very pretty.

It's going to be sold to fans in a very different light though. Siebold already started laying the foundations with that.

Just on lodge ,
Another year older and coming back from another serious injury, not playing for a contract
Diminishing returns

You've heard the same things as me hey? It was already sign sealed and delivered, and it's quite a contract I believe. Basically a fat chunk of our salary cap down the crapper, before a balls even kicked, but Moses (and Lodge) are sitting very pretty.

It's going to be sold to fans in a very different light though. Siebold already started laying the foundations with that.
Right now you're just speculating on Lodge's contract, let's hold our fire until we get the official contract details from the club.

Does that even make sense though? It would mean Manly had not only considered a deal for Lodge for 2024 and beyond, but actually had all the discussions with his manager, agreed all the details, and signed it all up - after 2 games (or maybe even before any games)?

If he starts next year as part of the top 30 then I'll believe you're right. But if his deal is lodged as train and trail there is no way it would be approved if it was big money.

Personally I think its far more likely the discussions were, yes we'll sign you assuming you go OK this year, yes this is the amount - but the actual deal had not been done, and then things changed due to the injury.

If you are right, though, then it is not merely incompetence but dishonesty, which is far, far worse. By Seibold and Mestrov. Which is a poor thing to accuse people of without actual knowledge (as opposed to 'things I've heard')

Does that even make sense though? It would mean Manly had not only considered a deal for Lodge for 2024 and beyond, but actually had all the discussions with his manager, agreed all the details, and signed it all up - after 2 games (or maybe even before any games)?

If he starts next year as part of the top 30 then I'll believe you're right. But if his deal is lodged as train and trail there is no way it would be approved if it was big money.

Personally I think its far more likely the discussions were, yes we'll sign you assuming you go OK this year, yes this is the amount - but the actual deal had not been done, and then things changed due to the injury.

If you are right, though, then it is not merely incompetence but dishonesty, which is far, far worse. By Seibold and Mestrov. Which is a poor thing to accuse people of without actual knowledge (as opposed to 'things I've heard')

You're taking aim at the messenger @SeaEagleRock8 . I'm just telling you what I heard in the same convo as Weekes being extended.

Secondly, what is said by CEO's / Coaches, and what is the truth can be two entirely different things (an obvious example was the Melbourne Storm cap cheating that they both "knew nothing about").

Third, I used to have a great relationship with Grant Mayer, who told me some home truths (mainly because I provided a major front of jersey sponsor - NAB to Tim Wilson - was that his name? CEO before Mayer), about how clubs would massage stories in the media to avoid heat / failures / faults (so I 100% know it happens). I could give examples, but I'm not opening myself up to that with you, as you seem to be blaming me for this, or at best making accusations.

Let's not be naive mate. There's many things / dealings we don't know about. Many things portrayed a certain way, but happened in a completely different way. Cover ups. Everything.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10