Billy Bainbridge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im with a couple on here and I have watched Bainbridge and to me he is nothing special, just an average backrower. No better than what we have now. He doesnt run lines, isnt big or have footwork or any additional skills. Very overrated.
I agree, although not all players need flair, some just need a tough game style with a large workload

I don't know if we need a player like that while Jake is around
Jake will be away in Rep Teams from now on. Plus his 80 minute games can't last 24 weeks,year in year out @:cool:

Manly need honest toilers like Bainbridge, Ferris, Shane Rodney, Vic Mauro, David Gower etc :nod:

Reading the forum Bainbridge is supposed to be a gun. I haven't seen him play much, but if he's that good why is he off-contract and why haven't rival clubs gone after him?

As I said I haven't seen him play much, so I am asking anyone who's got more info about him
Is he worth keeping?

He is 'promising' I think... He's developing into a workhorse type of backrower, but he seems to lack innate abilities such as speed, footwork etc. Good in defence - very active around the ruck, but too small for a prop. Having said that, he's still a pretty big unit for a 20-year old, so may continue to bulk up. But whereas I think we need a dynamic running backrower who can throw a one-hander around the corner (sigh...BK...), I don't think he's got that in his game. Impressive beard for his age though.

Reading the forum Bainbridge is supposed to be a gun. I haven't seen him play much, but if he's that good why is he off-contract and why haven't rival clubs gone after him?

As I said I haven't seen him play much, so I am asking anyone who's got more info about him
Is he worth keeping?
In my humble opinion he is a very good footballer .... but has probably been rated as too small.

If you are on the smaller side of the ledger today you have to be in the very very very good range to make it.

Only seen him play a few games but has the right qualities for FG. Has alot of potential but had a few injuries.

Whether he makes it in FG is another thing. More on him here: https://silvertails.net/threads/billy-bainbridge.51379/

I think their is some confusion around him at the moment. I remember reading he may have signed elsewhere, but it was all rumour at the time. Hope he has stayed.

Had a terrible run with almost continuous injuries after the early part of last season. Started the year well and was really good coming off the bench in Manly "s very good win over the Cowboys in March . Then the injuries set in so maybe this is a factor why he has not been in particular demand . Not the biggest of forwards but did have a reputation previously as a tough and determined junior. So not really sure why he has not been re signed by Manly but previously being a local and promising junior , it would be a shame if he can not be retained .

I see the comparisons to Stewart and Buhrer, but to throw my hat in the ring I see his style, field position and attributes most similar to Watmough.....just down a few notches in each catagory....as mentioned above - must be something Extra special to lack size in the backrow and love or hate him - Watmough was an aggressive ball of granite and top shelf work rate...very rare.

Anyone know if there has been any movement on him being re-signed ? Unless I've missed something he is still off contract and not signed elsewhere.

Anyone know if there has been any movement on him being re-signed ? Unless I've missed something he is still off contract and not signed elsewhere.
I thought I saw him in some of the pre season pics. Maybe he ended up getting a one year deal?

Is he worth keeping?
There is an old but true saying . You ask the right questions and you get the right answers
"Reading the forum Bainbridge is supposed to be a gun, but if he's that good why is he off-contract and why haven't rival clubs gone after him?"

Mate when a player is good enough clubs go out and try to break contracts to get them .

NRL FOX last week ......
Jan /12/2018

SEA EAGLES

Off contract: Billy Bainbridge

2018 Gains: Jack Gosiewski (Rabbitohs), Toafofoa Sipley (Warriors), Lachlan Croker (Raiders), Joel Thompson (Dragons)

2018 Losses: Brenton Lawrence (Titans/retired), Blake Green (Warriors), Cameron Cullen (Redcliffe), Pita Godinet (Tigers)

Re-Signed: Manase Fainu (2019), Addin Fonua-Blake (2020), Brad Parker (2019), Jorge Taufua (2019), Frank Winterstein (2019), Kelepi Tanginoa (2018), Tom Wright (2019)

Some sites have him as being released. Haven't seen him in any 2018 pics...?
Isn’t that Bainbridge to the left? Posted Jan 4th.
2E28EF53-D847-487C-8605-98C962E0BD7B.png

The NRL website lists him as released. Having said that, I did see a few other errors on it while dong a spot of browsing the other day.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7