Billy Bainbridge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ow.... That bruise looked so bad....I just went to the doctor!

It's amazingly foot shaped!

I feel I've posted non thread topic related things...so....

Lets go Billy Bainbridge!

I gave her a cut under the eye, so we're kind of even.

But yes, I feel guilty for going off-topic too lol

Hope Billy has a big future at Manly, I like the cut of his jib!

Depends on who you mean by others?
Hastings? His hitups were way better than Hastings, but you are comparing a back rower with a half, same with Cullen. Hastings passing was as good as Browns, Cullens not as good. So if you want a utility who can play a bit more than just hooker or injury cover then Brown is better.

Lane or Bainbridge? I think a lot of that also depends on other things, how did Lane pull up after his first run? Was Lanes 1 hit up and 1 good run any better than Brown (imo hitups no, good run yes). Bainbridge was out on his feet at the end (not without reason and never stopped trying) but would go well to have a rest week back against the kids again.

Who would I play this week - Hastings and Lane. But I can see some reasoning behind other choices. Might want to try and have 2 quicker guys on the bench to exploit tiring dogs forwards?

What has happened to Billy?
Was on the injured list as an idefinite shoulder injury. Now not on the injured list or in any grade.

our junior injuries are very poorly reported, suspect he is still injured

The new big lad played 1 game, got injured but the same thing- nothing reported

nit sure here the mole replied to saints fan about jack Gosiewski. Will this change things to which mole replied yes may do.
Got to say over signing rumours supposed done deal aka matt Moylan.
I trust robbo bro and mole are fair dinkum. I just don't trust we not being used to possibly get a 3 year deal by Thompson at Saints. We have some kids from 20s who are prospects but nothing the jumps straight to grade.

Bainbridge jumps straight into grade if he is not injured for me.

I've only seen this kid play a few 20s games and his FG appearances and I didn't see anything to say he walks straight into our top 17. He was solid but nothing special.
Where do you see him fitting in? Seems a little small for the edges these days and Jurbo has the 13 tied up for 10yrs. I wouldn't say he provides great impact off the bench but as I said I haven't seen too much of him.
Where does he jump straight into in your opinion?

I would play him over Frank, better defence and runs better lines. He will put on 5 kg this offseason and probably about the same next offseason.

If you are expecting a 19 year old 4th gamer to be setting the house on fire I dare say your expectations are a little high. Tomolololo was far from great in his first games as well.

A 19 year will improve more than a 30 year old

His injury might be a career ending one, the club were advertising his signing at 17 and he debuted at 18 so must be waiting to see how he comes back, if at all.

If true, sad, as he had a lot of potential.

But, makes sense as he’s been unwanted by the other 15 teams as well.

Im with a couple on here and I have watched Bainbridge and to me he is nothing special, just an average backrower. No better than what we have now. He doesnt run lines, isnt big or have footwork or any additional skills. Very overrated.

Is it because he is a worker and not an explosive player. He might get high numbers doing the hard stuff. Sides need workers that play 80 mins. Dose he fit that mould?

I think he's more in the Williamson mould of being an honest toiler with a high defence rate, but without Willo's ball skills (albeit somewhat limited) who could slot into the backline when needed. However, he is apparently highly regarded but his injuries must be the issue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8