Betting Story / Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: betting scandal

It was apparently a $5 multi bet across different codes, but did not involve any Manly games. If a player is found to be betting on or against his own team, throw the book at him. Hopefully for Wolf, he is not the player getting the 6 week suspension.

Wow that's massive news.

So when are they going to announce the sex tape suspension?

I don't see any problem with a player putting a straight win bet on his own team. If it was a margin bet that could be dodgy but a win bet who cares? The ARLC have only themselves to blame, they are happy to take betting agencies sponsorship money & promote sports gambling. This influence, rubs off on young men with high disposable incomes.

It appears likely to be held back until just after SOO. If it was ASADA it would be just before ... and Richard Ings would make a comment.

Gambling is the devil. I love gambling maybe loss $100 a year but in reality it costs me $1,000's due to others that have a problem. wow combined 2 hobby horses in one post.

RE: Betting Story

niccipops said:
bones said:
I wonder how much he had on the roosters in the grand final last year

:p
Lol bones. Wolfie had a bad game but I think it was Steggles Hayne who had a massive bet on the rorters.

And that is why a $5 bet by a players cannot happen. I know it was said in jest but it can be taken seriously.

I still am a fan of Wolfman and I hope he is still ok when this is over. :(

Grant Goldman has just posted on his Facebook:
'I know who it is, and it ain't David Williams'.

bones said:

That would be good (thanks mate).

But any Manly player ain't a good look.

RiverEagle said:
bones said:

Think I'd actually prefer it to be the Wolfman.

Hmmmm it also includes a Bunnies player too.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/24416045/nrl-rocked-by-reports-of-betting-scandal-on-origin-eve/

RiverEagle said:
bones said:

So if it isn't him, and they got the info from phone records - who had their phone seized this year? It's all rumour and innuendo presently.

No doubt all these players have well paid managers. Shouldn't these managers face some sort of sanction, de-listing etc, for failing in their "duty of care"?
It seems to be that being a player-manager has only an upside, and no downside.

This Is Why!!

As a Seaeagles supporter its always US against THEM...
If Wolf or any Manly player is involved in this massive $5 bet, its not the smartest thing to do & could have been easily avoided.
But, apparently there are more players involved & if it ends up high profile players from other clubs, annoying as all f**k....
Follows previous double standards involving Manly players used as an example in SOO suspensions, NRL suspensions due to not guilty off field supposed indiscretions, Manly players jumping a sinking ship that the same journo's jump on by seasons end & even the ASADA campaign had Manly at the top of the hit list till proven innocent....other proven guilty situations from rival NRL clubs players are usually swept under the carpet, unless its a serial offender like Carney.

RE: This Is Why!!

It's comical. What more can you say? From day dot about this 'scandal' Manly have been named. Even the Asada 'scandal', early on we were as implicated as the Sharks.

It's funny how people talk about the siege or 'them v us' mentality that we as Sea Eagles fans have, but the media and NRL feed this persecution complex.

This is such rubbish.

and now a Manly player has been named they start talking lengthy suspensions?. I bet (pardon the pun) that is a few Souths players were named they would be forgiven.
Oh, and notice how they have named him but are not rushing to announce penalties. We know why, the NRL are waiting until just before the semi finals to out him - just in case he is needed.

So pathetic, glad this is only one thread.

NYEagle

12 Players under investigation, Storm Player in Reserve Grade is the one who is possibly out for 6 weeks, yet Wolfie is the only one named and leads every Sydney News show :mad:
Helicopter hover shots over him training :dodgy:

Gambling David - Wolfman named in Betting Scandal -are the headlines :mad:

The other 11 are still not villified :dodgy:

Poor Wolfie is now the face of Match Fixing in the eyes of the Public and some Manly Supporters who insinuate that he threw a Premiership :huh:

Buzz is front and center on the News gloating about his expose :mad:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6