Betting Story / Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Betting Story

No worries moz.

Can occasionally be hard to get across the underlying humour, can't it?

Especially when people are a bit ''tired or emotional'' I'd say!

I thought you were being sarky too. Just wanted my side made clear.

Tis all good and I agree...Bit of banter goes a long way.

RiverEagle said:
mozgrame said:
I'm off to bed now RE. Can you let Alan know? Cheers mate!

No worries moz.

Catch you next time.

Well done river, our dossier on Mozzie is filling out. We have learnt,
1) He thinks he has a life (He He)
2) Runs a couple of businesses. (Greedy Bas...d)
3) Says Mrs Moz is a good sort. Would never suggest otherwise and entirely possible, he might have a quid (see above 2)
4) Thinks we are joking (delusional)
5) Quickly changed the subject when Mrs Doubtfire was mentioned.
6) Has a man-crush on Global and bones. (Both are now suspected aliases of the Moz.)

Or....

1) I'm in gaol and don't have access to the internet 24/7.
2) I run a couple of "businesses", resulting in gaol time.
3) Mrs Moz is indeed a good sort and is too scared to leave me.
4) I need you to believe I'm joking.
5) Mrs Doubtfire is in the cell next door and is a touchy (ooh err) subject.
6) My real man crush may be a lot closer to home than you think. ;)

Is this investigation run by ASADA? Big story headlines to start with then nothing. Do we have to wait 2 years to be told in some page 20 story that a total $54.20 was the total betting investment? Maybe they could drag Richard Ings out for a comment!

THE NRL has informed players at the centre of the ongoing betting investigation that they will be both publicly named and suspended, most likely by the end of this week.

In a sign of how serious the NRL is taking the issue, The Australian understands the players — including at least one prominent first grader — were told of their likely fate last week.

(because like that's after soo and stuff)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/ignorance-no-excuse-for-nrl-players-who-bet/story-fnca0von-1226981006836

I think one of those notified might be a well known punter who plays for a club that has recently expressed interest in DCE.

Does anyone know who the 'star player' is who is getting the 6 week ban? From a Sydney club supposedly.

Come on you informed Silvertails people out there, surely there is some juicy info going around about this now. Its being announced on Thursday. But i need to know now.

bob dylan said:
I think one of those notified might be a well known punter who plays for a club that has recently expressed interest in DCE.

I've seen an article which suggests Manly & Gold Coast have been investigated and a name being mentioned in that ever most reliable of sources, Twitter, names a Manly player. Without naming him, he is not currently playing first grade.

They probably thought it was a sure thing, I mean - what are the odds of getting caught? But I bet they're sorry now.

In all seriousness.....the NRL doesn't want its players involved with betting on the game and I can understand that. What I don't understand is the double standards.

Open the NRL web page and there are sportsbet.com ads all over the place. Watch just about any TV show connected with the NRL (especially those on Nein) and there are odds and ads for Sportsbet, even during games.

No betting allowed, but the NRL are quite happy to be in bed with betting agencies and to take their sponsorship dollars aren't they. Tom Waterhouse last year (and we still get his ads), Sportsbet,. Who next year?

Didn't the NRL veto Manly from signing a betting agency as a sponsor a few years back (when we needed one after the Quantum deal stopped) because the league itself was about to do a deal with Centrebet or someone like that?

TokyoEagle said:
$5 or $500, rules are rules. Everyone has to make choices in life, one of those choices for a pro footballer is.......

....not peeing in your own mouth(or the perception of ???:D

According to Fox, tomorrow the NRL will suspend a first Grade Player for 6 weeks for betting.

They have also reneged on naming and shaming the Players involved.

How will the absence of a First Grader for 6 weeks not be noticed :huh:

I know this season ( apart from Friday night) has been too good to be true

I'm confused - but then again I think that the NRL's shows and games being saturated with Betting Companies is obscene and tempting to Players :cool:

If you hear some of the calls from the commentators its usually obvious who they are on...
They start blowing up more than the fans, its funny as.
Love a bet myself, this w/end get on Manly, Nz and look for upsets with Broncos and Sharks...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152575143899282&set=gm.10152317347282535&type=1&theater

This just popped up on FB

Just popped up in a Manly group on FB

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/david-williams-named-as-betting-scandal-erupts-on-eve-of-origin-one-star-set-to-be-banned-six-weeks/story-e6frf3ou-1226982247122?from=public_rss

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4