Betting Story / Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Betting Story

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/david-williams-named-as-betting-scandal-erupts-on-eve-of-origin-one-star-set-to-be-banned-six-weeks/story-fni3fbgt-1226982247122?nk=943cfcaeac1587e85d75cc649ffa0250

Yup announced all over that he is one but it doesn't say to what extent he was involved

Poor old wolfman. Sad way to end his manly career, deserves better.

Reports say a first grader will be side lined for six weeks. Wolf hasn't been playing much first grade so hopefully another player. It would surprise none of us though if eight players are involved and they only suspend the one from Manly.
Man that Greenberg is a power hungry slimy individual.

So much for the NRL not releasing anything till after SOO :cool:

Wolfie would be relieved to be suspended from reserve grade I'm sure :rolleyes:

And he is known for losing his phone every 3 weeks or so :sleepy:

Stupid thing to do considering the rules but reading the story it just sounds like he popped a couple of NRL games in a multi.

Certainly not a hanging offense.

bones said:
I wonder how much he had on the roosters in the grand final last year

:p
Lol bones. Wolfie had a bad game but I think it was Steggles Hayne who had a massive bet on the rorters.

RE: betting scandal

If the reported 6 week suspension is true it hardly sounds bad enough to be a 'scandal" more like a brainfart.

If wolf is stood down for 6 weeks, technically he should be able to place bets willy billy during that period. Right? Any bush lawyers put there who can give an opinion?

Yeah from what we know at this stage you have to wonder why...

As in, why bother, old mate.

Just silly and not worth the fallout; but it may explain why Wolfie's been struggling mentally, and why he's been overlooked recently (for 1sts).

Sadly, if proven, too many mugs will tar and feather a great player.

niccipops said:
Reports say a first grader will be side lined for six weeks. Wolf hasn't been playing much first grade so hopefully another player. It would surprise none of us though if eight players are involved and they only suspend the one from Manly.
Man that Greenberg is a power hungry slimy individual.

In fairness I believe Jim Doyle is the man heading the integrity unit.

Now just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons, if they got the results from phone records let me ask - which players had their phones seized this year?

Would like to see the finer detail of what's happened. Let's all hope it was a silly wager and wake up Wolfie.

The dumbest part...if you were going to have a punt, wouldn't you let Uncle Dave or a mate put it on...pretty hard to prove.
Unless Wolf is betting on a Manly related game & on the other team, don't really give a rats anyways.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6