Bernard Sutton had a blinder.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate blaming refs but they deadset had a massive influence on the result of that game. Manly better team, but yellow maggots just kept finding penalties to keep Souths in it. We couldn't buy a penalty and as for Jakes sin bin....well I hope the NRL can now see how ridiculous their new found fascination with the 10 minute sin bin has become.They ruined what would have been a classic finish to a finals game.

I just want to say how proud I was of our boys even with 1 player down we were able to take the lead. Poor Jake in the interview he stated that being send to the sin bin cost Manly the game the pain the poor bugger felt could be seen and felt by every Manly supporter. Unfortunately Sutton or should I say C U Next Tuesday was going to always find any excuse to remove a Manly player. Unfortunately he decided it was Jake probably one of a best defender The C U Next Tuesday gave South the game on a platter. One thing we can take from this game is the look of pain off the loss on every players face. A pain that can only be erased by winning the premiership next year. Sam Burges interview on the other hand lacked any celebration I feel he knows South won By default and are only making up the numbers no real threat to anyone. Canberra can already feel, taste, smell the victory of next week.
GREAT YEAR MANLY WE CAN ONLY GET BETTER.
It was actually the pocket ref who told Sutton so that makes him a bigger C U Next Tuesday. You can hear it that Sutton takes the advice from Atkins. Just the same they both were as bad as each othet

Anyway very proud of the way we played you could see the relief on Souths faces that they got away with that win.

Don't forget too that there were 2 or 3 blatant knock backs called as knock-ones against us. None against them. That is just as good as another 2 or 3 penalties in the flow of the game. Absolutely disgraceful refereeing.

Parker rolls the ball back into his legs where it stops, ball is called a knock on. Last week this was fine for both the Sharks and us.

Also I was mystified that Parker got wiped out chasing a grubber and neither the refs or commentators even noticed it... Meanwhile Gagai falls over in the softest contact in history and we lose our best defender for 10 minutes.

Add it to the reel.

Anyone think Damian Cook will be cited for his unpenalised eye gouge on (I think it was) Perrett?

Parker rolls the ball back into his legs where it stops, ball is called a knock on. Last week this was fine for both the Sharks and us.

Also I was mystified that Parker got wiped out chasing a grubber and neither the refs or commentators even noticed it... Meanwhile Gagai falls over in the softest contact in history and we lose our best defender for 10 minutes.

Add it to the reel.

Add DCE getting completely wiped out in that last try which opened up a huge gap on the right for Souths to score, blatant as anything and denied DCE getting there. Not a mention anywhere but there will be a very big video package sent for review/debrief on Monday to NRL HQ.

I thought I saw that no one said anything
upload_2019-9-20_23-29-36.png

Add it to the reel.
That reminds me: the so called error by Parker in the play-the-ball was actually knocked out by Burgess' knee as Parker tried to play it. Another wong decision. Should have been a penalty to Manly.

That reminds me: the so called error by Parker in the play-the-ball was actually knocked out by Burgess' knee as Parker tried to play it. Another wong decision. Should have been a penalty to Manly.
No, according to one of the fvckwits on Fox, it was just a bit of gamesmanship from Sambo. :swear::banghead:

Add it to the reel.
Went it happened and there was nothing from the commentators, I’m yelling Oh it’s the Brad Parker rule of course. He got fkn hammered and nothing. I’d love someone to put a reel together of how many times that bloke gets belted illegally.

As pissed as I am that we lost under the circumstances we did, in reality we all knew that it would end this way. Our opponents have always been given a leg-up by the admin. It has been this way back as far as I can remember, maybe excepting a little, but not totally when Arko was at the helm.

This is a fledgling team who didn't really understand how much better than the opposition they NEED to be to overcome the Manly bias! Des knows it and from now on this extended group will know it too... just as our past championship teams learned to understand.

They will learn, and grow together to become another Manly dynasty, thriving off the same adversity our other dynasties did... guaranteed, and the other clubs will know it's coming.
I'm very proud of what everyone has achieved this year.

It was actually Gerard Sutton....but eh, once a Sutton always a Sutton.

Piss poor rugby league referees run in that family.

Interesting to note that in the 2014 Semi Final, the 2017 Elimination Final and tonight.....Gerard Sutton was the lead ref in each game.

Don't forget too that there were 2 or 3 blatant knock backs called as knock-ones against us. None against them. That is just as good as another 2 or 3 penalties in the flow of the game. Absolutely disgraceful refereeing.

As I said in the game day thread. Three blatant penalties that we should have been given, but weren't were:

Elliot being tackled in mid-air defusing the first bomb of the game.
Parker being taken out in the corner during the first half.
Gagai having a second go at Suli after the call of held.

All should have been a Manly penalty. None were called.

Last edited:
I wonder if the betting markets should be concerned, or alternatively are in collusion with the NRL....

When the officiating is clearly favouring one team over the other, and there’s a cloud of doubt over wether the result was contest derived or actively sought by the governing body of said sport..,, well shouldn’t all bets be suspended or perhaps a delay in payouts while things are investigated?

In horse racing, for example, if there’s any suggestion of checking or jockeys pulling up horses etc (just an example as I don’t really follow the GG’s) the race stewards at least look into it and have DQ horses for infringements...

I know that what I’m suggesting is not really workable with footy... but in the immortal words of the man himself “there needs to be an investigation”!!

*Gamble responsibly!

The love the bunnies get from the NRL is without precedent. No shocks there.

Great effort boys. Let's get so good in 2020 even Sutton and his dodgy relos won't stop us.
On a bright note, if you’re anything like me, you’re not encumbered with a horrible name like Gerard.

Or Bernard.

With a special mention to dross, I mean Todd.

Fun fact: I was typing ‘Todd’ and it auto-corrected to ‘dross’.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6