Bernard Sutton had a blinder.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The whole game needs a shakeup, the players are professional, the administration and associated elements are not.

Whilst I understand where you are coming from I respectably disagree, the above statement is a false dichotomy, the administration is also extremely professional in extracting the maximum entertainment dollars out of that which once was a sport.

giphy.gif

lets put things in perspective ......

This is no conspiracy

This is just incompetence

Every year every team cops it up the arse from the refs

September 15, 2012

NRL refs boss admits to Manly try error
The crisis engulfing the NRL's whistleblowers has flowed through to the playoffs with referees boss Stuart Raper admitting officials got it wrong again in awarding the try that clinched Manly's preliminary final berth.

A review of Michael Oldfield's second try in Friday night's 22-12 win over North Queensland concluded Sea Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran knocked-on in the lead-up; yet another black mark for the on-field decision makers.

September 16, 2013
Outrage' in Cowboys country over referees' error

That the Sharks scored on the seventh tackle has already been written into NRL folklore. But it may well be that the reaction to the 20-18 defeat, rather than the bungle itself, that sets this incident apart.

"For the officials to pick up before halftime that a try was scored off the seventh tackle, why can't the score be changed? And to say the Cowboys had 72 minutes to win the game, you may as well say we should just start with the Sharks leading 6-0."

Hansen doesn't believe the notion that this was all part of a giant conspiracy to keep a Queensland team out of the finals and ensure traditional Sydney clubs South Sydney and the Roosters slug it out in the grand final.

The Foran decision last year? That's another story.

"To me, that was a conspiracy. That went to the video referee and it was clear as day that Foran hit that ball. That was replayed 10 times over and to have that awarded a try? Disgusting."
The media love to focus on the one off giant blunders that supposedly cost teams games (and will again for the Jake binning). Yes, mistakes happen and they happen to every team. But, for me, the reality is much worse; the majority of games are now controlled for 80 mins by the refs. When one team gains an advantage the refs nullify it with penalties (including the ones not given). Winning the ruck and the middle, then let the defence hold them down without a second look. Want to stop a try then there are forward passes and obstructions to overturn them. There is so much room for interpretation in the game now that refs can justify anything they want. Ignoring the game last night, this has been a growing problem for the past 5 or so years. And it's not just us - almost every game is now reffed to produce close games and golden point games.

What's more, it's not just what is penalised but when. Most defensive sets play out pretty similar and a ref can choose to call an offside or holding on the first tackle as a warning or wait until the 4th to give the attacking team a huge leg up and to wear down the defence with another set. Or just blow a string of penalties so teams get back an extra 2m or give up control of the ruck.
I was fuming after we were awarded our last penalty last night. We had a break up field and had the bunnies on the back foot on the second tackle. Then we get a penalty (I think for holding) the bunnies get a rest and to reset their defence, we get an extra 2 tackles (this is what the quick tap rule is meant to be for but the refs have shut this down as well). Luckily we managed to score in the next couple of plays.

With penalty counts being slightly subjective, but also considering that most of the penalties we get are on the 1st or 2nd tackle and penalties against us are invariably on the 4th or 5th tackle, these numbers are pretty bad. No surprises that souffs and parra are where they are this season

For Against Diff
Souths 190 150 +40
Raiders 186 184 +2
Storm 177 169 +8
Titans 174 161 +13
Manly 172 187 -15
Eels 171 141 +30
Knights 169 177 -8
Panthers 166 189 -23
Cowboys 162 138 +24
Warriors 157 155 +2
Roosters 151 177 -26
Sharks 148 163 -25
Broncos 141 148 -7
Tigers 139 140 -1
Dogs 133 159 -26
Dragons 131 139 -8

What's more, it's not just what is penalised but when. Most defensive sets play out pretty similar and a ref can choose to call an offside or holding on the first tackle as a warning or wait until the 4th to give the attacking team a huge leg up and to wear down the defence with another set. Or just blow a string of penalties so teams get back an extra 2m or give up control of the ruck.
I was fuming after we were awarded our last penalty last night. We had a break up field and had the bunnies on the back foot on the second tackle. Then we get a penalty (I think for holding) the bunnies get a rest and to reset their defence, we get an extra 2 tackles (this is what the quick tap rule is meant to be for but the refs have shut this down as well). Luckily we managed to score in the next couple of plays.

Muzz, very intuitive. And also real for anyone who cares to see. :eek:

The 'doubles' are another one, a perfect example again last night (I have made a DVD copy of this game as a 'textbook') was right at the start......Manly attacking 30 meters out of Rabbits line then a BS knock on against Parker, then a BS penalty to Rabbits 3-4 tackles later......(the DOUBLE) = NETT RESULT - goes from a Manly attack to the Rabbits attack, and a turnaround of 100 meters (-50 Manly + 50 Rabbits) and the Rabbits were able to score.

What some amazingly fail to see is that if not for that first wrong decision Manly may have scored!!! and therefore the failure of the Manly defence allowing the first Rabbit try would never have come into it.

THE POINT is this was JUST in the first few minutes........and it went on and on and on...........a total planned stitch up...

Manly would have won this game by 20-30 points with unbiased refereeing....

If anyone can't cope with that, eat a carrot!!

Absolutely ludicrous. Referees are meant to be impartial but they can’t if they are given tip sheets on every team. I agree that they should be published if the NRL are going to have them
I'm constantly perplexed by the amount of penalties that Jake attracts. He's probably one of the cleanest forwards in the game but it's like he's got a target on his back - there aren't too many how have been binned twice (and both with controversy) this season.

I'm constantly perplexed by the amount of penalties that Jake attracts. He's probably one of the cleanest forwards in the game but it's like he's got a target on his back - there aren't too many how have been binned twice (and both with controversy) this season.

Jake may be a clean player. But he has a real problem with holding players down for too long and always offside.
He needs to clean the holding down up. Offside is ok.

The media love to focus on the one off giant blunders that supposedly cost teams games (and will again for the Jake binning). Yes, mistakes happen and they happen to every team. But, for me, the reality is much worse; the majority of games are now controlled for 80 mins by the refs. When one team gains an advantage the refs nullify it with penalties (including the ones not given). Winning the ruck and the middle, then let the defence hold them down without a second look. Want to stop a try then there are forward passes and obstructions to overturn them. There is so much room for interpretation in the game now that refs can justify anything they want. Ignoring the game last night, this has been a growing problem for the past 5 or so years. And it's not just us - almost every game is now reffed to produce close games and golden point games.

All for the broadcasters and ratings!!

Simple!!

Muzz, very intuitive. And also real for anyone who cares to see. :eek:

The 'doubles' are another one, a perfect example again last night (I have made a DVD copy of this game as a 'textbook') was right at the start......Manly attacking 30 meters out of Rabbits line then a BS knock on against Parker, then a BS penalty to Rabbits 3-4 tackles later......(the DOUBLE) = NETT RESULT - goes from a Manly attack to the Rabbits attack, and a turnaround of 100 meters (-50 Manly + 50 Rabbits) and the Rabbits were able to score.

What some amazingly fail to see is that if not for that first wrong decision Manly may have scored!!! and therefore the failure of the Manly defence allowing the first Rabbit try would never have come into it.

THE POINT is this was JUST in the first few minutes........and it went on and on and on...........a total planned stitch up...

Manly would have won this game by 20-30 points with unbiased refereeing....

If anyone can't cope with that, eat a carrot!!
Nailed it, I’m afraid!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8