Benji Marshall to Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Laughing baby.gif

I think this says it all.

If attack was all that mattered for a halfback or 5/8th, Cliffy would still be wearing #6 for Manly. Even he had to eventually give first grade away.

I'd like Marshall at 14 on a low contract. Reckon he'd be a good influence on Schuster. Helps keep Croker out of the side, calm head, controlled and would offer a kicking game from hooker as well as crisp service. Still got it in him.

1. Tom Trbojevic
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
9. Cade Cust/Fainu (maybe by late season)/Signing
14. Benji Marshall

Is he 37 next year!
Well, he's 35 now so I would make it 36 next year. I don't think age should necessarily come in to it for a 1 year deal, he's going OK at the moment and for a low contact he'll do a good job for someone. Whether that's for us or not only time will tell. He'll be a mentor for younger players as well as doing a job on the park.

Well, he's 35 now so I would make it 36 next year. I don't think age should necessarily come in to it for a 1 year deal, he's going OK at the moment and for a low contact he'll do a good job for someone. Whether that's for us or not only time will tell. He'll be a mentor for younger players as well as doing a job on the park.
Even if he actually was 37 he is still very fit. I think a one year deal is a win win for both Manly and Benji. I reckon he'd be a huge in if he could be our bench utility. So much of our game is limited by our lack of quality dummy halves and leadership, and he could be a professional, calming influence off the bench as a utility hooker, providing a kicking game, crisp service and vision. Benji would be such an improvement to either Croker or Levi for that role next year. Good for depth in the halves as well if injuries happen mid-game and also for mentoring players like Schuster (who he was really impressed with). Rarely seems to get injured lately which is also handy

I didnt watch it so my comments are general

I like benji, i like howhe has bounced back as a half . He has vision and is a much more mature player.

At manly we need a general, i see this in benji at times in the limited games i watch but i also see an attacking half that can at times still overplay his hand. He is pretty darn good at what he does but i dont see him taking us to contenders as his instinct is to score first , field position third

We need players that can score points but we need a game that isnt off the cuff like it is currently

Both benji and chez need a partner in crime but i dont see them being it to eachother.

Age not important. He is a cheaper older DCE who can offer more in attack but will keep us hoping when push comes to shove

Our big pack would struggle to cover his defence issues as well but thats just chatter

I like the new old benji though. Better than the old young one

I'd like Marshall at 14 on a low contract. Reckon he'd be a good influence on Schuster. Helps keep Croker out of the side, calm head, controlled and would offer a kicking game from hooker as well as crisp service. Still got it in him.

1. Tom Trbojevic
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
9. Cade Cust/Fainu (maybe by late season)/Signing
14. Benji Marshall
You said it right there ,
If it keeps Croker out.
Done,you convinced me.
You are right,if we could snag him for next to nothing and play him 20 mins a game ,it would be worth it for the professionalism and game management that may rub off on some.

I would consider signing Bunji not for his football skills, of which he still has plenty, but as a way of easing him into coaching. He'd be the perfect mentor for our young backs and enjoys great respect among all players. I see him as becoming a very clever coach and one that could revolutionise the way the sport is played.
Last night he inspired the Tigers' comeback.

I think Benji is experienced and skillful, but erratic....Schuster blew him off the park in his first grade debut and Manly were in command until he went off....would prefer a bench spot for an explosive foward, who will help lay the platform for Schu and have Cust off the bench as a budget player with good utility value rather than Benji....rewind 10+ years and no brainer - sign him.

A good mate of mine is close with Madge who tells him that Benji is not the great mentor/leader that you think he is, and that he is actually quite self-centred and puts on a bit of a mask for the media. Pass!

I'd be happier if we invested the money in a Ben Walker Sandpit!

We need someone who can play as a hooker and someone who is also good with their defence. he is a great player but will need to pass on him for an established number 9.

I like Benji, but as other have said we need a 9 with smarts and defence.

That Penrith hooker goes ok, oh that's right !!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7