Ben Hunt article claiming game is too fast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
Bozo mate it’s rugby league, not basketball. Points are hard to come by. I’d rather a game with 2 tries than 15.
The best contest I’ve ever witnessed is the Manly v Roosters finals match in 2013. We lost 4-0 but it was an absolute arm wrestle

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I agree seeing tries is exciting but so is the "grind"! If I wanted to watch touch or tag footy for the "lots of tries" reasoning, maybe I would but NRL should be a mix of both grind football and open play when it affords that.
There is Grind in quality teams in the fast game . They grind away and blow away the mediocre ones

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There is no place in the game for slow , unfit and ill discipline players

The 6 again and again and again means we will soon not see these mediocre players again

Speed thrills !
Nobody in the NRL is unfit. The games evolution has determined different types of players have been required to compete. The game through its rules and policies determines the type of player required today, tomorrow , next year and next decade and the outcome of its own product . Currently its product sucks and it will reflect that

Producing the athletes for the product it sells is something the NRL has done very poorly for a sustained period. Its as if no one at NRL consults with eachother on the long vision. This is there future, investment in players and junior systems. Should the under 14 just suddenly dump all the fat kids as they have no future

Blaming clubs and players for a lack of vision is deflecting the blame and subsequently acknowledging the poor vision as being a masterstroke.

The only thing moving faster that papenhauzen are the rules themself , and the goalposts on competing

The talk of changing origin rules to allow anyone to play is yet another deflection. Ratings are slipping due to the governing body manipulating the game and fans are turning away , not because a few players are not eligible. These days the contest of the gane is decided long before players take the field through cap policies, judiciary, referees and bending of rules, not to mention rules and of course rule interpretation . Then referee appointments , offside interpretations etc etc , but that wont come under scrutiny , it must be something else

If you support the company line, designed to do nothing but to deflect, and to line the pockets of tv execs short term , you are part of the games problem

We have always had speed in the game. Its not new. Besides not everyone gets there kicks on route 66. Different stokes for different blokes . Women too

Its called passion for the game @BOZO if i may quote you because if you let the dodgy brothers take control by giving them credit, we may not have a manly or your famous membership drives.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Bozo mate it’s rugby league, not basketball. Points are hard to come by. I’d rather a game with 2 tries than 15.
The best contest I’ve ever witnessed is the Manly v Roosters finals match in 2013. We lost 4-0 but it was an absolute arm wrestle
My best game that I ever saw was the Max Delemege Des Haslers Sea eagles 40 nil against the Storm . Try ! Try ! Try !

Did you see the Penrith and Storm game this year ?

2 quality teams producing non stop quality footy

manly al

First Grader
Could be wrong and don "t watch many non Manly games but does seem to be less 6 again calls this season . Think that there is a distinct or at least potential disadvantage for a play the ball instead of a scrum when a kick for touch finds the line , especially closer to the previous defender"s line but still think that the new rules are essentially on the right track . Had our share of setbacks for 18 months or so now but if mid range sides like the Dragons and others can get their act together and even with injury issues , think it more of a reflection of coaching and lack of player application that sees sides like Manly still struggling with the changed guidelines . Just look at our sub standard key stats , can't be just fatigue , every other side has to contend with this , the sides that are managing better have had not that much of a significant change in playing personal the past couple of season , just having the playing systems and players putting in properly and then able to come to terms well with the changes and stay more then competitive . Tom 's return will help . Oloakau - atu and guys like Saddler should be able to bring a lot more vigour and mobility but it is not the new rules that have Manly presently as also rans , more a deficiency in playing style and organized defence , not getting the simple things right and some players off their game or woefully out of form . AFB and Thomo are big outs and were quite suited to the new rules but no excuse for the remaining squad or coaching to be so far off the pace and providing what is presently or should be required .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Nobody in the NRL is unfit. The games evolution has determined different types of players have been required to compete. The game through its rules and policies determines the type of player required today, tomorrow , next year and next decade and the outcome of its own product . Currently its product sucks and it will reflect that

Producing the athletes for the product it sells is something the NRL has done very poorly for a sustained period. Its as if no one at NRL consults with eachother on the long vision. This is there future, investment in players and junior systems. Should the under 14 just suddenly dump all the fat kids as they have no future

Blaming clubs and players for a lack of vision is deflecting the blame and subsequently acknowledging the poor vision as being a masterstroke.

The only thing moving faster that papenhauzen are the rules themself , and the goalposts on competing

The talk of changing origin rules to allow anyone to play is yet another deflection. Ratings are slipping due to the governing body manipulating the game and fans are turning away , not because a few players are not eligible. These days the contest of the gane is decided long before players take the field through cap policies, judiciary, referees and bending of rules, not to mention rules and of course rule interpretation . Then referee appointments , offside interpretations etc etc , but that wont come under scrutiny , it must be something else

If you support the company line, designed to do nothing but to deflect, and to line the pockets of tv execs short term , you are part of the games problem

We have always had speed in the game. Its not new. Besides not everyone gets there kicks on route 66. Different stokes for different blokes . Women too

Its called passion for the game @BOZO if i may quote you because if you let the dodgy brothers take control by giving them credit, we may not have a manly or your famous membership drives.
The fact is some players are more discipline than others
The fact is some plyers are faster than others
The fact is some some players are fitter than others
There are players that can play for 40 and others for 80 mins non stop

We will not slow down the game to the mediocre players level

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
My best game that I ever saw was the Max Delemege Des Haslers Sea eagles 40 nil against the Storm . Try ! Try ! Try !

Did you see the Penrith and Storm game this year ?

2 quality teams producing non stop quality footy
Yep I agree as a Manly fan. But if you’re a neutral you want to see a contest. Best contest of a grand final I’ve ever seen was Sharks vs Melbourne in 2016.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yep I agree as a Manly fan. But if you’re a neutral you want to see a contest. Best contest of a grand final I’ve ever seen was Sharks vs Melbourne in 2016.
I want to see great players and great teams knock out the mediocre ones out of the ground and out of the comp

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The game today is at times like watching it in fast forward motion. The resets that were brought in to speed the game up and damaging it. You do not see the markers policed now. Last week all I saw were the markers side by side at the play the ball. I would like to see a penalty for infringements like that.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The fact is some players are more discipline than others
The fact is some plyers are faster than others
The fact is some some players are fitter than others
There are players that can play for 40 and others for 80 mins non stop

We will not slow down the game to the mediocre players level

The fact is quick between the ears is a commodity
The fact papenhauzen would last 2 weeks at front row
The fact no kenyan distance runner ever made it in the nrl
The fact that shane wherreat and some dude callef austin were the only sprinters that made the Nrl even though sprinters earn SFA . Could be more
The fact dce is the fittest and possibly close to fastest in our club and plays like a penguine in the dessert
The fact slow players have been massive part of our game
Bob fulton, cliff Lyons, farking legends but one was pretty fast , the other not so
It takes all types mate. Speed suits the current rules , by the time some catch up the rules will change

47MVEagle

Bencher
The way things are going with speeding the game up & the resulting injuries combined with the caution taken around concussion, I can see our game eventually becoming non-contact & essentially glorified austag UNLESS they revert back to previous rules & slow the game back down a bit.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So you support the NRL manipulating the playing field and playing god with the outcomes
I dont see it that way feathered friend

I support quick quality footy played by quality players

For those on here that like to watch a slower version of RL can watch the less quality slower NSW cup game

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I dont see it that way feathered friend

I support quick quality footy played by quality players

For those on here that like to watch a slower version of RL can watch the less quality slower NSW cup game
And you can go watch touch footy, wow they are fast.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
The speed of the game breeds poor discipline, the players get fatigued because the game is so condensed, they make poor decisions, loose tackles and more mistakes. That just isn't entertaining. I have liked a lot of what V'landys has done particularly ousting Greendberg however this obsession with speeding things up isn't making a better game, its making it touch footy. I don't like blow out games, I like games where teams actually play football and there is a lot of gamesmanship in the process.

I haven't been a fan of the constant 6 again. The one thing it has done is taken the focus off the referee whilst giving the referee absolute, yet discreet control on the outcome of the game.

I had no issues with penalties before and think they should be back. Fine do away with scrums they were useless ceremony but 6 again calls all over the shop with no idea what its for is pointless

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The speed of the game breeds poor discipline, the players get fatigued because the game is so condensed, they make poor decisions, loose tackles and more mistakes. That just isn't entertaining. I have liked a lot of what V'landys has done particularly ousting Greendberg however this obsession with speeding things up isn't making a better game, its making it touch footy. I don't like blow out games, I like games where teams actually play football and there is a lot of gamesmanship in the process.

I haven't been a fan of the constant 6 again. The one thing it has done is taken the focus off the referee whilst giving the referee absolute, yet discreet control on the outcome of the game.

I had no issues with penalties before and think they should be back. Fine do away with scrums they were useless ceremony but 6 again calls all over the shop with no idea what its for is pointless
I do not see any poor discipline and fatigued players in quality teams like the panthes and the Storm

47MVEagle

Bencher
I do not see any poor discipline and fatigued players in quality teams like the panthes and the Storm

You missed Kaufusi's dropped elbow the other week?

Asofa-Solomona unable to get to his feet & back to his goalline to defend?

Coaches are now looking to rest players up due to the speed of the game - Cleary despite being cleared for concussion, Papenhuyzen despite his "back injury" allowing him to complete the game it occurred in.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Not when they play us no, because we don't gas them or them in defense. Panthers v Storm V Roosters lots of poor discipline

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16