Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Since his return, Des hasn't been able.to develop a complete cup of coffee let alone an NRL player. In my view, the entire playing group has regressed in both attitude and ability.

I agree though historically he turned okay players into great ones, but once again, we are relying on past glories we've well and truly moved on from.

This squad needs an injection of aggression. Explosive intensity. Quality. Passion. Leadership. Not complete and utter plods like Tuilagi and Condon. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather Raylene Boyle get a run.
Don’t you mean her daughter Millie?

His track record kinda speaks for itself mate. He got limited game time in the year The Cowboys had probably their worst season, and Payten obviously has 0 faith in him by selecting him twice this season when they were shattered with injury, but gave him no game time - both games.

He's not a Shaun Lane type, mobile with good hands. He's yet again, another slow as a snail, lumbering, limited skill fringe first grader (0 game time this season) who's likely not wanted by his club. He'll make Tuilagi look like Usain Bolt.

Let's at least call a spade a spade. If this is the quality we are seeking, questions have to be asked about Fulton, Des and Crusher.

40 metres a game, and 3 missed tackles per mate. It doesn't read well.
I'm happy to see how he goes mate, not the high profile player I would have liked to be linked to but I'll give him the opportunity to show his wares before I knock him, sometimes a change of club can bring out the best in a player 🙂

I'm happy to see how he goes mate, not the high profile player I would have liked to be linked to but I'll give him the opportunity to show his wares before I knock him, sometimes a change of club can bring out the best in a player 🙂
Frustrating teams that already have a stacked roster can re-,sign Walker, pick up Lodge, pick up Brandon Smith, re-up Suaali - here we are ****ing Tuilagi and Condon.

And if anyone tells me they aren't like us cap wise..they are paying an absolute mint for Tedesco, JWH, Keary, Chrighton, Tupou & trust me Manu would be on mountains of money.

One bloody season they have been without a Hooker (well, they have Verrills ) but Friend retired. What do they do? Hmm, there's a hole, let's pay $800k for Brandon Smith.

What about our flop recruitment. Playing an under sized halfback that can't kick, run out of dummy half but has heart and can tackle for 4 years - no resolution.

And people wonder why we can't beat a top 4 team (okay, once in three years), this season we can't beat a top 8.

And yet people still find ways and excuses to defend Des and recruitment (he crafted this team, he got his staff).

Yet we get a 44 metre on average plod, that's played 0 games this season (well, 2 but his coach refused to put him on the field), and Tuilagi, who's had many 30 odd metre games. Are we changing our names to the Manly Warringah pylons here ?

It would actually be funny watching our forwards in a sprint race. Would be like heading down the local nursing home and running a sports carnival - 0 intensity, mobility, aggression or speed.

So mate, it's frustrating to read the names we are being linked to. And if we are cap strapped - release players. If it has to be DCE or Tom (whoever) make it happen so we can balance our roster and make moves. With such a crap roster , we need our better players to be able to take the field. If not, flush em out.

Anyways, that rant wasn't directed at you mate. You're a great fella. It's just annoying. I sat up and watched the Chooks Bunnies game tonight with all those send offs, and FMD, our team is unrecognisable against these real rugby league teams. It's weird watching team mates fight in the trenches with each other. Not our princesses, all stroppy for being asked to wear a shirt with an inclusivity rainbow. Cream-puffs, top to bottom.

Radley, L Martin types are what we need mate. Condon and Tuilagi are literally the opposite of what we need, which is to get faster, tougher , more intense in our middles. And we've lost Taupau now, out biggest metre maker - ugh.

Last edited:
Frustrating teams that already have a stacked roster can re-,sign Walker, pick up Lodge, pick up Brandon Smith, re-up Suaali - here we are ****ing Tuilagi and Condon.

And if anyone tells me they aren't like us cap wise..they are paying an absolute mint for Tedesco, JWH, Keary, Chrighton, Tupou & trust me Manu would be on mountains of money.

One bloody season they have been without a Hooker (well, they have Verrills ) but Friend retired. What do they do? Hmm, there's a hole, let's pay $800k for Brandon Smith.

What about our flop recruitment. Playing an under sized halfback that can't kick, run out of dummy half but has heart and can tackle for 4 years - no resolution.

And people wonder why we can't beat a top 4 team (okay, once in three years), this season we can't beat a top 8.

And yet people still find ways and excuses to defend Des and recruitment (he crafted this team, he got his staff).

Yet we get a 44 metre on average plod, that's played 0 games this season (well, 2 but his coach refused to put him on the field), and Tuilagi, who's had many 30 odd metre games. Are we changing our names to the Manly Warringah pylons here ?

It would actually be funny watching our forwards in a sprint race. Would be like heading down the local nursing home and running a sports carnival - 0 intensity, mobility, aggression or speed.

So mate, it's frustrating to read the names we are being linked to. And if we are cap strapped - release players. If it has to be DCE or Tom (whoever) make it happen so we can balance our roster and make moves. With such a crap roster , we need our better players to be able to take the field. If not, flush em out.

Anyways, that rant wasn't directed at you mate. You're a great fella. It's just annoying. I sat up and watched the Chooks Bunnies game tonight with all those send offs, and FMD, our team is unrecognisable against these real rugby league teams. It's weird watching team mates fight in the trenches with each other. Not our princesses, all stroppy for being asked to wear a shirt with an inclusivity rainbow. Cream-puffs, top to bottom.

Radley, L Martin types are what we need mate. Condon and Tuilagi are literally the opposite of what we need, which is to get faster, tougher , more intense in our middles. And we've lost Taupau now, out biggest metre maker - ugh.

I could only imagine last year if you were a cowboys fan and they ran 15th and the big signings were a half that the Sharks didn’t want and sent away to the Warriors mid season, a young broncos reject in Dearden who had shown absolutely nothing and couldn’t crack a wooden spoon winning side, and Peta Hiku who the basket case Warriors didn’t want ;)

Hard taskmaster comparing us to the Teflon Roosters mate with moneybags politis running things. You ever hear the yarn about JWH ? Day after signing with the Roosters he arrived on a brand new Harley to Manly training. Also plentiful stories about the players heading out for a game of golf with old Nick, “I bet you $20,000 you can’t make that 3cm putt” :)

Can we be better, yes. Will next year be better than you anticipate, I have no doubt

Last edited:
Really hoping Manly with no injuries, can play some good footy and compete with the better teams.
I was dissappointed to hear just yesterday, that the coffers are bare and after all these Manly players leaving, the upgrades and way contracts have been done up....means we have very little to spend in 2023.
I quizzed how certain teams seem to continue to buy up the better players, yet stay under the cap.
The answer was -
They sign for less, but then get a bit more, then get a lot more.

Really hoping Manly with no injuries, can play some good footy and compete with the better teams.
Mate, the top 8 teams all flogged us every game this season bar one. We haven't beaten a top 4 team in three years. Remove: Walker, Foran, Davey, Taupau (and some depth), include Tuilagi & Condon & tell me how we've bridged that divide between us and say The Panthers (or any of the current top 8 teams)?

Mate, the top 8 teams all flogged us every game this season bar one.

I mean thats not quite true...

Round 4: Manly 25 - Canberra 6
Round 11: Parra 22 - Manly 20
Round 15: Cowboys 28 - Manly 26
Round 16: Manly 36 - Storm 30
Round 20: Rooster 20 - Manly 10

I mean thats not quite true...

Round 4: Manly 25 - Canberra 6
Round 11: Parra 22 - Manly 20
Round 15: Cowboys 28 - Manly 26
Round 16: Manly 36 - Storm 30
Round 20: Rooster 20 - Manly 10

Mate, your sponsor is very happy. I'll take a leaf out of bozo's book, and post something I think really suits your support style:
1663633637712.png

@Disco , this is what you're trying to make sound positive:

Panthers 28 - Us 6
Roosters 26 - Us 12
Us 25 - Raiders 6
Sharks 34 - Us 22
Rabbits 40 - Us 22
Eels 22 - Us 20
Storm 28 - Us 8
Cowboys 28 - Us 26
Us 36 - Storm 30
Roosters 20 - Us 10
Eels 36 - Us 20
Sharks 40 - Us 6
Raiders 48 - Us 6

The bold results are our wins versus the top 8. Not sure if you remember the Storm game, or how they were coming home with a wet sail like the week before where we capitulated against The Cowboys? I felt dirty - and absolutely as though they almost won despite the result. They flogged us in that second half.

But let that sink in - what you're trying to make sound positive, mate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8