Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Calculus set to music .. ?? .. a counting song by the wiggles .. ??
Hahaha trying to explain complex mathematics or even basic arithmetic and phonetically spelling out the word before going into the math part, is a recipe for disaster. But a good effort none the less.

Now that we've seen how good Weekes was at fullback, I do hope we never have to see Garrick at fullback again. Garrick was decent there as far as I'm concerned. Kid is oozing talent, and like others have said, I'd love to see him in a Jamie Lyon type centre role.

In regards Papalii, I'm unsure to be truthful, because I can't stand The eels and don't watch them haha. I haven't watched one final so far.

But you agree we need big, mobile, explosive, aggressive, experienced leaders right now to turn this ship around don't you ? Bear in mind we've lost our highest average metre maker in Taupau, and Walker who played as a utility forward and was one of the only sources of intensity and spark for us.

Even with them, we were getting stomped week in week out, and not close games. Floggings.

Do you really think Condon, and Tuilagi are the answer here? You do want us to improve, don't you ?
Yeah Weekes looked good in that game.

Papalii was absolute plod, but he had Adam Blair as a mentor. As soon as he got in a hardened system, he went gangbusters and completely different player

I don’t think our front row situation is as dire as some, could do with another good front rower to bolster, but if we managed to get 20 games in a row out of Josh A and Paseka starting next season, I think we view them entirely differently and they can hold their own. Keppie has everything you want inside him, I haven’t completely given up on him, that game against Parra the day Bozo died sticks in my mind, he was on a mission to destroy Nathan Brown and got completely over the top of him. Sipley as a 4th/5th option in the rotation is ok. Our problem is it’s a pack of what if’s at the moment

I haven’t seen Condon at all so won’t comment on him, Tuilagi I saw a few times early season, and he had something about him and I’m picking he will surprise you

I would be happy for Spudd Carroll to be employed 1-2 days a week to work with the forwards, that Keppie game I mentioned Spudd has been in his ear all week, and he did a bit of mentoring work with RCG when he lost his way as well

I know the end of season sticks in your mind, I don’t place as much importance in those, as we were playing extremely busted. You may have seen me post this in other topics, but I believe it is relevant to how sides fared at the end of the season and how important squad health is at the end of the year

586CC370-A21F-4DB5-81AD-DCAD19D24C7F.jpeg

It continues Hasler's copying of Fulton's 1980's style of big forwards

Hasler doesn't realise that the game has changed and forwards now need to have fast leg speed and quicker play the balls

The shorter stockier Joe Galuvao type forwards are the way to go
How can you say Des doesn't realise it when he is the guy who did sign Galavao!
And built his packs around blokes like Watmough, Gifty, Buhrer. Shane Rodney. And props with leg speed like Kite.
He's now got Lawton playing second row, and he signed Bullemor who has leg speed.
True, Condon and Tuilagi seem larger types but maybe he wants them to balance the addition of another smaller dynamo type forward?
I confess I am bemused by the number of long term fans who believe Des Hasler doesn't understand rugby league. Bemused, I tell you.

Oh My God Wow GIF by Tennis TV

There is a place in the modern game for all shapes and sizes that have the Pace

Lane is 6foot 6 inches and goes well at Parra

But Lane has pace

Does Ben Condon have the pace ?
Time will tell

Paseka has pace but only uses it sparingly

How can you say Des doesn't realise it when he is the guy who did sign Galavao!
And built his packs around blokes like Watmough, Gifty, Buhrer. Shane Rodney. And props with leg speed like Kite.
He's now got Lawton playing second row, and he signed Bullemor who has leg speed.
True, Condon and Tuilagi seem larger types but maybe he wants them to balance the addition of another smaller dynamo type forward?
I confess I am bemused by the number of long term fans who believe Des Hasler doesn't understand rugby league. Bemused, I tell you.

Oh My God Wow GIF by Tennis TV
Watching games this year our line speed and play the ball is probably one of the slowest in the NRL

We rarely if ever beat a top 4 team

I don't consider Sipley and Keppie to be NRL standard especially compared to the props of the top teams who are all big but very mobile

I cannot see us getting to a grand final with Harper and red as our centres

There are question marks about our fitness and training methods

Happy to be proven wrong in 2023 but suspect that Des' future rests with Tom T

Stepbrothers is one of my favourite all-time comedies. Classic!

I’m surprised I never heard of ‘the sisters brothers’, that cast looks decent!
The sisters brothers is nothing like step brothers but still not a bad flick.

Reactions: R3
Key points
News Corp are now reporting that Condon is on the radar for the Sea Eagles, who themselves are looking to increase depth in the second row.

The move, which is likely to happen in the coming weeks, would see Condon instantly fight for a spot in the 17 on the Northern Beaches, where Des Hasler is looking to turn things around after a miserable campaign.

Condon also brings added bonus, being able to play in the middle .

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6