Baz Extension

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/94a34c02e38d1b526fc0903994235916

Trent Barrett re-signs as coach of Manly Sea Eagles
Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph

TRENT Barrett turns 40 next Saturday and the NRL’s youngest head coach has reason to celebrate.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that, after months of negotiations, Barrett has finally agreed to a new deal that will see him stay at Manly until the end of 2020.

The Sea Eagles are expected to make it official early next week.

Since taking over from Geoff Toovey, Barrett has done a fine job in difficult circumstances, overseeing the Manly rebuild along with Bob Fulton.

It ultimately saw the club turn over 42 players during Barrett’s first two years in charge.

But throughout the upheaval, Barrett won plenty of respect from the playing group and that was highlighted with this year’s unexpected top-eight finish.

While Fulton recently announced he was stepping down from his role with Manly, Barrett’s new deal is a welcome boost.

The Sea Eagles are still to finalise their roster for next season with Blake Green’s future up in the air.

Green, who is off contract at the end of 2018, is being chased by New Zealand Warriors, who are believed to have offered the 31-year-old five-eighth a four-year deal.

It is understood Manly will only release Green if they can secure a suitable replacement to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves.

The Sea Eagles have a genuine interest in Mitchell Pearce but can’t make any moves until Pearce is given official permission to negotiate with rival clubs.

It is still not known if Pearce will stay at the Roosters in the wake of Cooper Cronk’s signing.

Pearce on Friday posted a picture on Instagram in New York with his girlfriend Zoe Grant and Roosters teammate Dylan Napa.

Pearce is still a week away from returning from holidays and he won’t make a decision until he gets home.

If Pearce decides to leave, it could lead to another round of musical chairs.

Cronulla and Newcastle are also keen on Pearce and both have available salary cap space to snap him up.

The problem Manly might face signing Pearce is that the club still has an NRL salary cap investigation hanging over its head that has been dragging on for months

They just had to get that last bit in didn’t they!

And of course this will be officially announced #nextweek

Well if they are back at work #nextweek perhaps it’s only then we will hear anything on the TBaz extension.

OR

It’ll be nothing and rear it’s ugly head in mid 2018.

Just wanting to say, as a fan of the #nextweek, time to let it go.

giphy.gif

I like cats too.

In other important news, our very own resident & habitual Trent Barrett freedom fighter @strone33 has gone into mourning.

Many are hoping the hybernation is a short term event.

Sorry old mate. 2020. Boom!!
Many are hoping the hibernation location is repeatedly covered in class 5 avalanches trapping the unsuspecting Ursine for eternity.
giphy.gif

Good to see the benefits of being a club member and getting notified of signing news before it hits the newspapers - oh wait a minute, scratch that. Thank god for the newspapers so we all know what's going on

Disgraceful I reckon, members should be advised first, oh wait according to Zorba we are “ irrelevant “, sorry forgot that bit!

Maybe it's not 'official' yet?

Exactly, people get upset because Zorba jumped the gun on signings before they actually were final and yet we want the club to announce the coach has extended before everything has been formalised?

The papers aren't bound by such things, but the club is. They can't win either way it seems.

Exactly, people get upset because Zorba jumped the gun on signings before they actually were final and yet we want the club to announce the coach has extended before everything has been formalised?

The papers aren't bound by such things, but the club is. They can't win either way it seems.

Playz I dont think anyone has any problems about Peters jumping the gun on announcing new signings. Love it. But he needs to have his facts right and not suggest something is happening and then we hear nothing for weeks

Playz I dont think anyone has any problems about Peters jumping the gun on announcing new signings. Love it. But he needs to have his facts right and not suggest something is happening and then we hear nothing for weeks
Yes that was my point.

More often than not newspapers will break news regarding signings before a club gets a release out. Just look a soccer in Europe and then get back to me before you bag the club for not telling us before the media.

So let me get this right.

1) new CEO
2) coach extension

All in the media and nothing from the club.

Oh sorry I forgot perhaps it’s a #nextweek thing.

I imagine by the time I return in the first week of December all will be good, #maybe.

So let me get this right.

1) new CEO
2) coach extension

All in the media and nothing from the club.

Oh sorry I forgot perhaps it’s a #nextweek thing.

I imagine by the time I return in the first week of December all will be good, #maybe.

If it helps....it's snowing here!

Get some more of those $1 beers into ya!

Relax! OR ELSE!!!!!

lol

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8