Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
My little fella goes to the guru of Aspergers up herevin Brisbane , can’t think of his name , Tony ???, he’s considered THE world expert on it ( Google Hearts & Minds).

They are fantastic, seriously worth a trip up here, they are in Westend which is a suburb just outside the CBD!!
Is it maybe Tony Attwood you're referring to Mark (as I think he's from Brisbane)? I have heard him speak on the subject and he was quite impressive. He's also written several books.

How do you know that playing him wouldn’t hinder other parts of the team. Have any members of the spine come out in support of him? You can like a bloke and not want to work with him. As I’ve said before a mate worked in the football department at the roosters and thought he was a right royal twat. He’s been told the sun shines out his arse for years despite never having done anything. Christ this forum talks about him like he’s jonathan Thurston. He’s got some issues. All we can take is face value. Barrett doesn’t strike me as someone who would outright lie. And if he said they’ve organized councilling and Jackson stopped going then I believe him. As I said though his attitude stuff is not made up. It seems he has swings. He can come across as a really nice guy. Seems like a nice kid but in a competitive environment there’s just something about it that turns him into a massive knob
I agree with your comments about Trent. He said himself he has known Jacko a long time and was involved in bringing him to Manly. I believe what he said in the press conference and he is the one accountable for dropping him to reserve grade.
I certainly believe Trent ahead of unsubstantiated gossip.

It'll be funny if DCE gets sanctioned for his involvement in the altercation and Cletus takes his place in the 7 jersey.
What's with this lack of love for DCE in this thread? He's pretty much carrying the team every week and seems to be one of the few players in the squad who actually cares if we win or lose.

Hastings has shown f*** all to suggest he can play at this level and somehow some of you think he is the answer to our 6 woes, and now ripping into DCE to get Hastings back in the side. Crazy talk.
I couldn’t agree more with your comments about DCE. He puts his body on the line every week and always tries his hardest. It is sad that some of our own fellow Manly supporters are turning this situation into an opportunity to bag him.

I couldn’t agree more with your comments about DCE. He puts his body on the line every week and always tries his hardest. It is sad that some of our own fellow Manly supporters are turning this situation into an opportunity to bag him.
I don't think this is about DCE's efforts on the field. You could never say he doesn't give 100%. I think from the little and unsubstantiated evidence that has been presented he may have made a mistake in how he has dealt with / responded to the lovers tiff.. If true confronting Hastings @1am is a wrong move by anyone's standards.

I don't think this is about DCE's efforts on the field. You could never say he doesn't give 100%. I think from the little and unsubstantiated evidence that has been presented he may have made a mistake in how he has dealt with / responded to the lovers tiff.. If true confronting Hastings @1am is a wrong move by anyone's standards.
Spot on @Spartan Eagle. DCE's efforts on the field are not an issue, he always gives his best (and so he should). Its his alleged off-field actions that are being questioned, especially being the captain. Who knows if they're true but if so, they are out of character, out of line and not a good look.

I am sure if Daly turns out to be the villain in this (which I highly doubt) and Jackson Hastings is the much misunderstood victim, then Jacko's offers to go to other clubs will be coming thick and fast. We all know Jacko is a very talented player. He shouldn't have to play for Blacktown for long then. Trent Robinson could take him back. He thinks what Manly have done to him is bad. So why did Trent Robinson get rid of him and pack him off to Wyong and then Manly? A bit hypocritical of Trent Robinson to criticize Trent Barret's handling of Jackson Hastings when he did the same.

Deluded soul
So I am deluded for believing our coach, who is backing our captain?
If I believed the unproven gossip. The gossip about the loose cannon player, already dumped by two other clubs being an innocent victim in all this saga, am I then not delusional?

So, I take the grandkids to Wet n Wild today and I’m only just home ( mainly cause it was pissing down on the Goldie), go to my phone, open up Silvertails and holy **** chicken little the ****ing Sky is falling in!!

Can someone tell me why this is such a big deal?

Who cares if , DCE doesn’t want to play with him, who cares if half the team do and half the team don’t.

The coach , rightly or wrongly has made a decision.

Oh sure the player can be pissed off about it , but that’s footy.

It’s a bit like me being about the 21st in line to play with the Moree High School University Shield side ( we won by the way ) in 1973,I’d have loved to play, my team mates liked me but guess what “ the coach didn’t think I fitted the makeup of the team he wanted”.

There were 5 of us that had played in the games leading up that missed the GF.

**** happens , I got over it!!

Did they win without you Mark?

They would have won more easily if you were there Mark. Passion is important too.

As the coach said when he announced the final side , it’s been a team effort to get to this point but there’s more of you than I can take to the final game, but each one of you can be proud of this achievement!

Still remember those words 45 years later.

As the coach said when he announced the final side , it’s been a team effort to get to this point but there’s more of you than I can take to the final game, but each one of you can be proud of this achievement!

Still remember those words 45 years later.

Ha ha you sucked!

lol, I'm just kidding. :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8