Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
I hope the story comes out what really happened and it will and we get rid of the most divisive person at the club the million dollar kid.

Jigzkiller, you are wasting your time suggesting DCE would leave the club. It aint going to happen and that's almost definite. Why? Because Manly would have to pay out a fortune over several years and that would be taken out of the cap. Even if he played elsewhere, we are committed financially to a proportion of the income and that means we lose a top half with absolutely nothing to show for it, because we could not afford a replacement. He is staying and that's it. We just have to deal with any issues that might result from that, but forget the proposition that he would leave. Its not economically feasible.

Being released probably denotes that he would be a free agent to negotiate with another club in some form but one would assume that Manly would also still expect some cap outlay compensation as part of any Hasting "s arrangement with another club for this year .

Being released probably denotes that he would be a free agent to negotiate with another club in some form but one would assume that Manly would also still expect some cap outlay compensation as part of any Hasting "s arrangement with another club for this year .
Really doubt that we would get any salary cap dispensation, a lot would depend on how much we still owed him and how much he settled for.
I would say that we just paid out the remainder of his contract in full, seeing that he hasn't locked in another team yet, however, more importantly, this has freed up a spot in our team before the June 30 deadline.

90 fukken pages .... and all the numb-nut had to do was go to training and keep his mouth shut .....

4 times into the squad .... 4 times removed to Blacktown ..... councillors and life coaches engaged .....

and all the numb-nut had to do was to go to training and keep his mouth closed .......

If one of your fellow employees was treated poorly, what would your actions be Ryan?
I don’t stand in any corner because I don’t know any of the details. Would be fascinating to find out the truth.
The siege mentality against certain individuals that have had great success with our club past and present is reaching overload. The forum seems obsessed with gossip and slander these days. We are all fans, otherwise we wouldn’t be here, but the obsession with gossip is over the top.
For the record, I think the club should move Barrett on because he has not unified the team to play consistent football and he has indicated favoritism toward some of the squad. Perhaps it is the learning curve he needed to experience, however I cannot stand Manly have ‘gambled’ with our long term culture built on 60 years of success. Love your posts @Ryan, keep up the good work

If an employee was being censured over attitude problems, misbehaving (disobeying policy / procedures), I wouldn't get involved, because I'm being paid to do a job by an employer.

I wouldn't threaten, or go off half baked.

I'd focus on getting results so that I don't follow in Hastings footsteps

Sorry, I am talking specially about the Gladstone conflict. The conflict Lane witnessed and obviously shared.
If I was working with a disruptive colleague who was misbehaving and not following procedures etc, I would ensure that senior staff reminded that person that his negative influence would have a direct result on the success of the team overall. But I would also support him if given the full facts, that he was being unfairly treated.
For the clubs sake I am glad he is gone, but if he was as bad as some think, he should have been terminated months ago. Which would have drastically reduced the pages in this thread and given our season the boost it needed while dealing with the distractions.
What was Cherry Evan doing turning up at someones hotel room at 2 am in the morning to start throwing punches? Cherry Evans should go as well then we can sign Ivan and Nathan for 2019

Last edited:
20180703_151111.jpg

Haha @Nordburg

What was Cherry Evan doing turning up at someones hotel room at 2 am in the morning to start throwing punches? Cherry Evans should go as well then we can sign Ivan and Nathan for 2019

Do we actually know that it was 2am that he went to Hastings' room?

I suspect it went something like DCE & the rest of the Gladstone 6 (or however many there were) discussed the issues with Hastings at the strip club over a few beers & up on returning to the hotel, DCE naively decided to try to resolve the matter by going to see Hastings.

Who knows what reception he got from Hastings upon arriving at his room, but if it did end up in hands being thrown, it may well have been Hastings who initiated it.

I recall it being reported as 1am, then saw it blown out to 2am in a post by one of the Hastings fans here more recently, not that it makes any difference.

I imagine it went something like you offered up too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8