Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Do we actually know that it was 2am that he went to Hastings' room?

I suspect it went something like DCE & the rest of the Gladstone 6 (or however many there were) discussed the issues with Hastings at the strip club over a few beers & up on returning to the hotel, DCE naively decided to try to resolve the matter by going to see Hastings.

Who knows what reception he got from Hastings upon arriving at his room, but if it did end up in hands being thrown, it may well have been Hastings who initiated it.

It was just push and shove that was reported and it resulted in some room damage :cool:

They hugged and shook hands at the following Team dinner according to media reports.:inlove:

It's not a sCam v Cronk catastrophe :giggle:

I heard from unreliable sources it was more like 3am and DCE came in all "hey man I'm on ten mill it's my way or the get fkd way bro" then Action was all "dude I was sleeping but I'm all Conor McGregor and stuff" and then they rumbled for a couple hours including off the bed like it was the top turnbuckle in WWE then they ended up too tired to fight and said "hey bro nice punch let's put this behind us and be mates" and it was all good until someone heading to the squeels squealed on them to the media and said Todd, Buzz, Moley, Lurks have I got a scoop for you?

Anyway who cares, it's over

Delete the thread and place it in the archives, for long ago a player named Jackson donned the Jersey, then left.

His mission was to find sanctuary, a safe haven where people would respect him for who he was and could become.

Sadly, it seems, he is still searching for that destination.

But we all know it is no longer Manly. So goodbye thread and contents, you will be forgotten in time, like an ignored poster.

I suspect it went something like DCE & the rest of the Gladstone 6 (or however many there were) discussed the issues with Hastings at the strip club over a few beers & up on returning to the hotel, DCE naively decided to try to resolve the matter by going to see Hastings.

Who knows what reception he got from Hastings upon arriving at his room, but if it did end up in hands being thrown, it may well have been Hastings who initiated it.
If someone woke me up at 2 am after being at a strip joint I would be throwing punches at them as well

Sorry, but we don't know jack sh!t - no offence intended

I heard from unreliable sources it was more like 3am and DCE came in all "hey man I'm on ten mill it's my way or the get fkd way bro" then Action was all "dude I was sleeping but I'm all Conor McGregor and stuff" and then they rumbled for a couple hours including off the bed like it was the top turnbuckle in WWE then they ended up too tired to fight and said "hey bro nice punch let's put this behind us and be mates" and it was all good until someone heading to the squeels squealed on them to the media and said Todd, Buzz, Moley, Lurks have I got a scoop for you?

Anyway who cares, it's over
You'd make a good journo.:D

Does anyone remember a similar outrage years ago when Rusty told Galuvao that he should retire and go and become a minister because they wouldn't pick him for first grade again ?

Rothfield is like a dog with a bone with this one, he should spend more time looking into actual Rugby League news, that way he wouldn't make a fool of himself repeatedly saying Morgan must be picked for Origin 3 when he has a season ending injury

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/07/12/20/53/hastings-signs-for-salford-in-super-league

Salford have signed Jackson Hastings, initially for the rest of the season, in a bid to secure their Super League status.

The Red Devils have bolstered their injury-hit squad with the capture of the 22-year-old following his release by Manly.

-Thank goodness.

edit: Sorry for bumping this thread that was finally on page 2 and on it's way to oblivion.

Now remember everyone, a lot of Salford Devils people will be looking at this thread to get a gauge at their new signing and how hard we are taking the loss of Jackson.

So for goodness sake talk him up or he may fell unloved in England and wanna come home.

"Jackson was awesome, the Devils will definitely get into super-league with him there! He is an awesome team player and totally team first!"

from above (to save on clickbait)

“The incident was the incident; the media got hold of it, ran with it and tried to dig into it and make something of it — but me and Daly are fine. I’m here now and looking forward to a new challenge, and he’s played State of Origin since. It’s not impacted on us, clearly.” - hastings

As a former journo I feel I can objectively comment on today's journalistic standards.
I hate the cliche 'opens up' unless it is a story about a surgical procedure.
In almost every case the correct terminology would be XYZ footballer 'mentions' XYZ...
Another pet hate is the word 'cloud' when talking about an injury. The only legitimate use of the word is in a meteorological sense.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8