Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Unknown.png

Maybe JH was in the A-hole or perhaps just the A-Hole. With him gone we might get the team back.
Go Manly!:D

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
you would think ,there would be someone tough enough in the team to put one on his chin and tell him to wake up......apparently not.!!! :lipssealed:

One punch laws, not sure i would risk going to jail or risking my contract to knock him out as much as he probably deserves it. Management’s fault plain and simple to let Hastings behave the way he has with not 1 but 4 players, if those reports are true of course.

If we weren’t as desperate he would have been let go already. Looks like he will be part of the 30 just to make up the numbers literally.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not sure this requires a "BREAKING: Press Conference" from Barrett. It's getting ridiculous now. Cletus must be world class at rubbing people up the wrong way if we have to announce to the media he won't be playing NRL again.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
The look on DEC's face at that time and when Barrett referred to bruised egos was telling. What was the context of this refby Barrett? DCE's was answering a question about the dust up with Hastings and it was not referenced to the teams terrible performance that day. So the reference to bruised EGO's is somewhat nonsensical.
I think the clip you're looking at has been edited. The Barrett response about bruised egos was much later in the press conference, well after the DCE answer on Hastings. I'd suggest a little mischief from a media outlet here.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
The look on DEC's face at that time and when Barrett referred to bruised egos was telling. What was the context of this refby Barrett? DCE's was answering a question about the dust up with Hastings and it was not referenced to the teams terrible performance that day. So the reference to bruised EGO's is somewhat nonsensical.
I think the clip you're looking at has been edited. The Barrett response about bruised egos was much later in the press conference, well after the DCE answer on Hastings. I'd suggest a little mischief from a media outlet here.

Exactly. The bruised egos comment was in response to a question about whether or not we suffered any injuries in the match.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
We are down on resources and need to utilise all that we have. What a wasted resource. He should have been moved on at season's end not when we are down to 27 players early in a long season it's dumb ****. Barrett should have given the kid a crack as the starting 5/8 maybe he would have settled down but it appears that he was too busy trying to make him conform. I'm sorry but I thought this was a professional football team where players were subject to contracts to train and play not a university where students attend voluntarily and start protest marches when they have a gripe. Toovey is right the focus should have been to make them get over it and get on with the job of being a football team. The previous senior playing group that didn't like DCE didn't pull this kind of stunt and if DCE is involved in this he should know better. This has been poorly managed by Barrett and the way he treated DCE with total disrespect in the post game presser by interrupting his answer mid stream was disgraceful. The look on DEC's face at that time and when Barrett referred to bruised egos was telling. What was the context of this reference by Barrett? DCE's was answering a question about the dust up with Hastings and it was not referenced to the teams terrible performance that day. So the reference to bruised EGO's is somewhat nonsensical.

In the press conference TB was asked if we had any injuries to report, he replied with “No, just bruised egos”. So i don’t think it was a reference to the dust up with DCE and JH.

Further more TB jumping in for DCE and not giving particulars to the media was the right move. He said he has answered those questions already and by that he would have been contacted by media outlets when the story came out a few days before the weekend and given them answers to questions and that’s where he wanted to leave it. Obviously it has been going on for a few months and they have been trying to deal with it in-house and now it has been leaked somehow (someone at the hotel in Gladstone could have heard it and spread the rumour etc).

For a while on this forum everyone has been asking (myself included) why JH couldn’t get a crack at 5/8. Now we know, he won’t get a look in for 2018 and that’s all we need to know.

I don’t believe that the players went up to TB and gave him an ultimatum, that’s media talk to stick the boot in. TB would have heard about the altercation in Gladstone and asked what happened and made the call based on what he heard was happening. JH wouldn’t have been doing all this crap in front of TB and the players would have tried dealing with it themselves internally.

How they bounce back on the field will be telling. Last season JH was nowhere in FG and the team environment seemed happy and everyone was playing with enthusiasm.

We’ll wait and see come 4pm Sunday how the team goes after FT.

Growler FNQ

Reserve Grader
Manly Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett has confirmed utility Jackson Hastings is unlikely to be considered for first grade again this season.

Barrett told media on Wednesday morning the Sea Eagles had sent Hastings back to their Intrust Super Premiership feeder club Blacktown Workers following two recents incidents between the player and captain Daly Cherry-Evans.

"It's unfortunate that it's got to this, but I will say the club has certainly done everything possible over the past 12 months to try and avoid it," Barrett said.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The 'just bruised egos' comment was in answer to a question about 'any injuries to report from the game?'

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Geez Baz is going to get a lot of grey hair from this job lol. I thought he gave enough information without throwing anyone under the bus so good interview. But clearly that’s the end of Jacko at this stage and i’m not sure what club would pick him up tbh

lurker

Beaver lover
We are down on resources and need to utilise all that we have. What a wasted resource. He should have been moved on at season's end not when we are down to 27 players early in a long season it's dumb ****. Barrett should have given the kid a crack as the starting 5/8 maybe he would have settled down but it appears that he was too busy trying to make him conform. I'm sorry but I thought this was a professional football team where players were subject to contracts to train and play not a university where students attend voluntarily and start protest marches when they have a gripe. Toovey is right the focus should have been to make them get over it and get on with the job of being a football team. The previous senior playing group that didn't like DCE didn't pull this kind of stunt and if DCE is involved in this he should know better. This has been poorly managed by Barrett and the way he treated DCE with total disrespect in the post game presser by interrupting his answer mid stream was disgraceful. The look on DEC's face at that time and when Barrett referred to bruised egos was telling. What was the context of this reference by Barrett? DCE's was answering a question about the dust up with Hastings and it was not referenced to the teams terrible performance that day. So the reference to bruised EGO's is somewhat nonsensical.
That’s a terrible idea. That sends a great msg to the playing group. This guy is acting like a knob so I’m going to reward him with a starting job. In what workplace would that ever happen???

manly al

First Grader
Barrett "s main intention this morning would be to just publicly confirm that the club would be taking or adopting a firm position on Hasting "s future playing role and situation with Manly and especially in regard to the channel 9 sport's report last night . Also to attempt to separate and remove any ongoing speculation or discussion with any Hasting "s i st grade connection as he will no longer be part of the squad now . Shame that he didn"t have the opportunity to see if he could have cut it as a Manly 6 but he had a major part and responsibility to allow this and obviously he did not play his part .Time for the club and every one to move on with things and hopefully for the better now .

R3

Bird gang affiliate
you would think ,there would be someone tough enough in the team to put one on his chin and tell him to wake up......apparently not.!!! :lipssealed:

Of course they’re tough enough @malroon but thankfully they’re not dumb enough too.
As much as Marty or Addin could destroy Jacko, thankfully they value their playing career more. From everything that’s come out about Hastings, he’s not worth the headlines and Greenberg attack later on

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16