Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

Brocky

Reserve Grader
I can see it now. DCE and Hastings playing harmoniously in the halves. Tooves and Des as co-coaches. Uate catching a bomb. The Roosters releasing a player they actually want to keep because of salary cap pressure. Craig Bellamy playing in the spirit of the game. The Footy Show winning the ratings. Peter Beattie saying something intelligent. Greenberg giving Manly a fair go.

Ok, that last one was too much. I guess sometimes you can say never.
**** DCE OF and for the same money put Hastings and carney in the halves.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think there is more to this mate i hope not but there could be . What i did find unusual was when the players went into the sheds at halftime for a roasting, Mathew wright put his head phones straight on . Is that showing no respect for the coach. ? Has Barrett lost the dressing room?.

I refuse to watch the replay so I could be wrong, but live I thought he had put his white mouthguard over his right ear, as opposed to headphones ?

yokahontas

Bencher
I refuse to watch the replay so I could be wrong, but live I thought he had put his white mouthguard over his right ear, as opposed to headphones ?

That would make sense - have seen Wright put his mouth guard over his ear before, when taking shots at goal etc

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
We did lose most games so what are you trying to say ?
Hastings dropped the ball and missed the tackles that led to tries ?
From what I saw when Hasting came on he added to the team .

That a negative influence brings the entire teams performance down.....sure he might bring a little bit of zip but the team is greater than the sum of its parts.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Yeah... it worked a treat last weekend.

Yes exactly.......I think you are reinforcing my point???

Instead of having a team all focused during the week on beating the tigers you have a negative influence creating drama and instigating fights.
This season has shown that any side that takes their eye off the ball for even a second gets their pants pulled down and Jackon is disrupting our focus

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yes exactly.......I think you are reinforcing my point???

Instead of having a team all focused during the week on beating the tigers you have a negative influence creating drama and instigating fights.
This season has shown that any side that takes their eye off the ball for even a second gets their pants pulled down and Jackon is disrupting our focus

I have trouble accepting that as an excuse for the poor performances over the last two weeks. It's easy to blame Hastings for everything but remember he was gone before the game on Sunday and we played like **** knowing he was gone. It doesn't wash with me. We lack fortitude and are a bunch of sooks. When the going is good we kick arse when the going gets tough we lay down. That has nothing to so with Hastings IMO the problems are much deeper than that.

Mitch

Bencher
There were four players due to face media this morning but Barrett didn’t want them in front of the cameras answering the questions that were sure to come and instead fronted the media himself.

Some leadership there which is a positive I guess. Good to get some clarity though.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Toovey: This would not have happened if I was coach ....

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/17/nrl-teams-toovey-on-hastings-drama/
Bozo, Toovey didn't say that, but did say something must be rotten for both turbos to drop the ball that much. Kimmorley said he has to go, if its affecting the playing group he needs to be moved on.

Times were way worse when toovey was coaching. It was in the headlines weekly about player fractions, in house fighting, players didn't even wont to be in the same change rooms together or talk to one another at training. Besides Hastings, the player morale is way better now. Time to move forward. Hastings is not fitting in and its affecting the way we are preparing and playing on the field.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
BREAKING: @SeaEagles coach Trent Barrett has just held a snap press conference to confirm Jackson Hastings will not be considered for #NRL for the remainder of 2018. Also revealed there had been attempts to resolve his issues with team mates since early February.
I've checked my email as well as the MWSE website. Nothing there about this "press conference". I'm off to the balcony to wait for the special Sea Eagle carrier pigeon to land. Hash-Membersknowfirst.:)

Simonmyers11

First Grader
BREAKING: @SeaEagles coach Trent Barrett has just held a snap press conference to confirm Jackson Hastings will not be considered for #NRL for the remainder of 2018. Also revealed there had been attempts to resolve his issues with team mates since early February.
Early Feb, so been going on for a while. Its why Barrett didn't start him in the halves first rd. Even Hastings said he had problems with communication and the way he spoke to people and was trying to fix it and getting help from manly professionals, but i guess it hasn't worked.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are down on resources and need to utilise all that we have. What a wasted resource. He should have been moved on at season's end not when we are down to 27 players early in a long season it's dumb ****. Barrett should have given the kid a crack as the starting 5/8 maybe he would have settled down but it appears that he was too busy trying to make him conform. I'm sorry but I thought this was a professional football team where players were subject to contracts to train and play not a university where students attend voluntarily and start protest marches when they have a gripe. Toovey is right the focus should have been to make them get over it and get on with the job of being a football team. The previous senior playing group that didn't like DCE didn't pull this kind of stunt and if DCE is involved in this he should know better. This has been poorly managed by Barrett and the way he treated DCE with total disrespect in the post game presser by interrupting his answer mid stream was disgraceful. The look on DEC's face at that time and when Barrett referred to bruised egos was telling. What was the context of this reference by Barrett? DCE's was answering a question about the dust up with Hastings and it was not referenced to the teams terrible performance that day. So the reference to bruised EGO's is somewhat nonsensical.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I have trouble accepting that as an excuse for the poor performances over the last two weeks. It's easy to blame Hastings for everything but remember he was gone before the game on Sunday and we played like **** knowing he was gone. It doesn't wash with me. We lack fortitude and are a bunch of sooks. When the going is good we kick arse when the going gets tough we lay down. That has nothing to so with Hastings IMO the problems are much deeper than that.

Not an excuse, just one of many contributing factors

It is also naive to think performance is isolated to one 80 minute session on the weekend. Game performance is a by product of of the team environment, how we are training, how the coach is implementing tactics, how cohesive we are and how we want to bust our *ss for each other

Dumping Hastings is not a silver bullet, it is not going to instantly fix our season, but he is a negative on the squad atm, much like Uates hands are a negative atm

Dumping Hastings is better for the club overall, just like giving Uate a stint in reserves would be better for the club

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16