Barretts threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Shoe1

Journey Man
It’s a game of chess. It makes perfect sense for Lyall to put out the letter which outlines all the resourcing that is happening. Ditto re-signing the co-coaches.

This refutes any move by Bartlett which accuses manly of under-resourcing, which may trigger a get-out for Bartlett.

Manly demonstrating the resourcing means that if Bartlett is to leave he has to quit, therefore forfeiting any payout.

At the same time good old zorba can highlight the poor performance of the coach on radio and in the manly daily.

My view is that manly must have got wind of Gould’s poaching and are closing ranks. Therefore bye bye Grant Bartlett, thanks for the memories.

damiennp90

Bencher
Gorman definately seems to be wishy washy about baz.

When asked did baz quit in July and is serving his notice ?

No answer.

But he'll be here next year.

Mmm that's not answering the question.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Barrett knew what he was getting himself into when he signed...even the fans know about how poorly resourced we are because it has been publicised ad nauseum for 10 years. Barrett was quite happy to sign under those provisions when he needed a gig, but now that he has a foot in the door, he is demanding this, that and the other? Not sure about this...

In saying that, Barrett would be better than Cartwrong so I hope we give in and give him what he wants because I can't see us getting McGuire, Toovey or Hasler...

Simonmyers11

First Grader
The thing that annoys me is all the players look up to Barrett and they would be devastated if he walked. If he did walk, no one would respect him imo, would be a low act, especially because we sacked a club legend to give him his shot. I still thing the main issue is our broke owners who are tight arses

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Talkin sport 2sm..suggested neil henry had signed...correct me if im wrong...wasnt cartwrong his assistant at the titans ? Might be why the assistants have been extended ?
Was it one of the panel or a caller who suggested this?
I love the show but while some of the contributors are good some are pretty special.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Talkin sport 2sm..suggested neil henry had signed...correct me if im wrong...wasnt cartwrong his assistant at the titans ? Might be why the assistants have been extended ?

Other way around I think, Henry was Assistant to Cartwight and then replaced him. Either way what a shemozzle

tookey

First Grader
We are the new titans

FMD the Penns definately want to relocate us hiring ex titans crap

If henry is signed it is only because he is cheap which is the Penn way

Bencher
Im involved in the annual Gold Coast Manly fans and old boys day at Burleigh Bears on Friday. Usually a great day with some legends past in attendance. Plenty live on Gold Coast now

I’m sure the bar tab won’t decline as much. Looking forward to a great day

I'd like to go to this Sue, do you have a link to the details?

I'll call the Bears...

Last edited:
That is a very good point, however as the (perennial) devil's advocate...it will have occurred to you that the place is hardly crawling with ex-players and people who are part of the so-called Manly culture, so who was he to go to?
Fulton was gone, job completed (lol), who else is there? Zorba? (triple lol).
I suppose Beaver is still loosely associated with the club but (champion though he be) he probably lacks the gravitas of a club senior statesman to offer advice during a tumultuous time.
Like with most of Barrett's failings, not an excuse necessarily but certainly an explanation.
I get that there's not much left of the ex manly personnel left now with the Penrithification of our club. (Now soon to be Titanification) But he has resorted to hanging the dirty laundry outside the club and that's what erks me from a moral standpoint. Guess he's doing what he sees from fat fark zorba . No offence to fat people .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18