Barrett update and more

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was the Penn's fukup in the first place re signing him last year. Even though we finished in 6th in 2017 the last 6 weeks were a disaster zone and indicative of his sht coaching methods. 2016 was total crap and his 2018 performance should've been the indicator for a new contract or not. Now they've got to payout and more wasted $$
His biggest f*ck up was signing him in the first place...

It was the Penn's fukup in the first place re signing him last year. Even though we finished in 6th in 2017 the last 6 weeks were a disaster zone and indicative of his sht coaching methods. 2016 was total crap and his 2018 performance should've been the indicator for a new contract or not. Now they've got to payout and more wasted $$
Not to mention that they would've had to pay out Toovey's last year as well to get the wonder boy here, and that would have been around $500,000.
So the Barrett exercise has been very expensive for the Penns, but not to worry, they made a fortune selling the Leagues Club, useless board sold it for $6,000,000 and rented it back for $600,000 a year, a good return for the Penns when you consider they were also getting rent for the gym and pool on top as well, so in round figures they could have been getting around $1,000,000 a year , a return of around 18%..

They need to take a leaf out of DCEs book. He never seems to have thrown Barrett under the bus but also hasn’t whinged and moaned about anything. Has stayed very positive
Staying positive is sometimes easier said than done.

A good mate of mine once said” life can be like a pubic hair on a toilet seat .... sooner or later someone will come along and piss you off”

You certainly don’t get the cookie cutter, football stereotype responses from the Turbos do you?!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ju...lea-to-end-barrett-farce-20181102-p50dpz.html

However, they would be best advised not to comment on the Barrett situation. It doesn’t really help anyone and just feeds the vultures. I do admire their sense of loyalty though.

The more the Trobs open their mouths the more I get worried,
This can go two ways, with Des being polar opposite to Barrett imo, they will either come to the belief that their old coach wasn't as good as thought, or with the personal attachment they have shown to Barrett and his ways, will not like the Des Structure and demands in training and expectations with the no excuse book firmly planted as the standard.
Will be interesting year ahead for the boys. I have no doubt Barrett as I said before was great as a 1 on 1 coach, or matey type or more so an assistant, he appears to have touched a cord with a few players in that regard and they are concentrating on the personal aspect and not looking at the bigger picture of what the HEAD coach should be doing for the team...
They are young but have been exposed to various coaches and systems now by way of rep, it is a concern they are openly saying what they are.

5F07A304-3BD6-484F-9C53-9C067B580A8C.jpeg

The more the Trobs open their mouths the more I get worried,
This can go two ways, with Des being polar opposite to Barrett imo, they will either come to the belief that their old coach wasn't as good as thought, or with the personal attachment they have shown to Barrett and his ways, will not like the Des Structure and demands in training and expectations with the no excuse book firmly planted as the standard.
Will be interesting year ahead for the boys. I have no doubt Barrett as I said before was great as a 1 on 1 coach, or matey type or more so an assistant, he appears to have touched a cord with a few players in that regard and they are concentrating on the personal aspect and not looking at the bigger picture of what the HEAD coach should be doing for the team...
They are young but have been exposed to various coaches and systems now by way of rep, it is a concern they are openly saying what they are.
One of the Turbo's great qualities is their loyalty. Now I do not agree that Barrett is the solution to our coaching and he had many shortcomings in relation to getting the team to perform and man.

The thing that the Turbo boys need to consider is have they improved under Barrett's coaching? I saw their form spike when they played for NSW this year and after.

What these boys badly need as well as the rest of the team is structure. Tommy needs to improve his error rate, it is still too high and it has cost the team too many times. I love watching Jake play but his discipline at times hurts the team.

Barrett has his time at the club and apart from the first half of 2017, did not do a lot to show that he was a coach, too many times he selected past it players and ignored the new blood that the team really needed.

The Barrett era is done and the Turbo's will thrive under Des!

Good old Jake, the gift that just keeps giving.
STFU you silly ****
Great talent, but **** me! Dessie will have you doing extras just for your ignorant media efforts.
Can somebody shut the Turbos the **** up or what???

EXACTLY , you would think that the club would come before any person, when it comes to loyalty , MANLY first..!!

Trent got a young family like many of us. to be honest this place has been nothing but a head **** for any outsider since day dot and he was destined to fail.
I like the turbos loyalty to baz, i thought he spoke well and was looking like next good coach in 17. 18 it simply fell apart under his watch, blake green, gladestone, hastings, cap issues. I believe he succeed elsewhere, i be honest very concerned about all this coaching staff hasler brought onboard but barrett could not get. Did club want him to fail?
More than happy des is back but because of somewhat soft underbelly trent put into them there going to be some teething issues.

The problem here is the Turbos and Barrett became very close to each other. He was more a "friend" coach and the Turbos lapped it up (no Gladestone puns intended). This is a role assistant coaches have with the players after the head coach has gone of his head and put players in their rightful place.
Hasler will restore the correct order of player and coach and the Turbos, as well as the other players, will eventually understand what their roles are...to play and win football games, not go down the pub as mates with the coach and have a few.

The problem here is the Turbos and Barrett became very close to each other. He was more a "friend" coach and the Turbos lapped it up (no Gladestone puns intended). This is a role assistant coaches have with the players after the head coach has gone of his head and put players in their rightful place.
Hasler will restore the correct order of player and coach and the Turbos, as well as the other players, will eventually understand what their roles are...to play and win football games, not go down the pub as mates and have a few.
Yeah, it worries me that the Turbos still think Barrett is a good coach. He might be a good bloke, they might like him personally and occasionally get lost in his empty eyes, but the stats suggest he's not a very good coach at all. The idea of him coaching under 20s is a bad one, too - not because he's too good for it, but because he's already proven a failure at that level as well.
His record and the way he carried on at the end of his time here will probably keep other clubs from offering him a gig. Unless of course he's able to take Jake and Tommy with him. I don't think they'd leave, but we've already seen how disruptive a "cult of personality" coach like the Dalai can be, and he was only an assistant before he started pulling the playing group apart.
I hope Des still knows how to coach. If he can get the team winning, they'll soon forget about old mate Baz.

In all honesty, while I love the Turbos and what they mean to this club.....they should really just shut up and let the club handle it. By them speaking to the media like they do all they are doing is giving fuel to crap journalists like those at Sportingnews or The Jerker that there is dissent in the ranks.

It makes it look like they are backing Barrett and are only supporting Des because they have no choice.

And for the life of me I can't think of any reason why they would think Barrett is such a great coach. He might well be a nice bloke and a good friend and have good knowledge of the game that he played at the highest levels, but a first grade coach he has proven not to be.

For mine, its all well and good saying someone is a good or great coach if they have success with great teams. But its how they handle it when the chips are down that defines them. The chips were well and truly down at Manly in 2018 and Trent Barrett did not handle it at all well.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6