Barrett update and more

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
'Just pay him out': Manly star's plea to end Barrett farce
by Adrian Proszenko SMH 2nd Nov 2018

Manly star Jake Trbojevic has implored the club to pay out Trent Barrett, believing it would be "childish" to expect the departing coach to serve out his term in a lesser role.

Sea Eagles players will begin their preseason from next week, raising the prospect of Barrett and his successor, Des Hasler, both being on the training paddock when they arrive. Barrett handed in his 12-month notice period last July, but the the Manly hierarchy are reluctant to pay him out and have threatened to redeploy him into a lesser role.

Continues at link:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ju...lea-to-end-barrett-farce-20181102-p50dpz.html
Proof that Jake probably won't be following Toovey into the Accounting field, i.e. managing the boss's money.;):)

'Just pay him out': Manly star's plea to end Barrett farce
by Adrian Proszenko SMH 2nd Nov 2018

Manly star Jake Trbojevic has implored the club to pay out Trent Barrett, believing it would be "childish" to expect the departing coach to serve out his term in a lesser role.

Sea Eagles players will begin their preseason from next week, raising the prospect of Barrett and his successor, Des Hasler, both being on the training paddock when they arrive. Barrett handed in his 12-month notice period last July, but the the Manly hierarchy are reluctant to pay him out and have threatened to redeploy him into a lesser role.

Continues at link:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ju...lea-to-end-barrett-farce-20181102-p50dpz.html
See my previous post. Wake up admin. Wake up Cousins. STFU players.

I give up. Seriously. Our club is #ucked. 2018 looks to be the year we find all of our best up and comers and just **** em off.

Lane, Kelly, AFB.

The club only spent about 3 years on each of them, taking them from mistake riddled juniors struggling, to the NRLs next best thing.

Might as well as add Hastings and Amone to the list.

If your at Man and your any good, let it be known U can just #uck off.

I couldn't give a toss who DES gets in now. They might as well be **** like Foz, he'll fit right in.
Just have a little faith. As a Manly nutter since I was 7 (a while ago now:giggle:) I'm feeling there's good times ahead.
Let them unfold.;)

Let it be. Nothing to be stressed about. If Kelly goes, so be it. I’m very comfortable with that. AFB is just silly rumourmongering. Can’t see that happening. It’s all cool, let Des assemble his team and chill.

Good old Jake, the gift that just keeps giving.
STFU you silly ****
Great talent, but **** me! Dessie will have you doing extras just for your ignorant media efforts.
Can somebody shut the Turbos the **** up or what???
Leave them be. As we know Jake wears his heart on his sleeve like he does when he plays -a rarity these days.
I would prefer to hear honest views (even if it sometimes makes me cringe) rather than some prepared waffle....

Good old Jake, the gift that just keeps giving.
STFU you silly ****
Great talent, but **** me! Dessie will have you doing extras just for your ignorant media efforts.
Can somebody shut the Turbos the **** up or what???
Hold on mi amor,I thought that you were looking forward to the ongoing drama etc....(with Des coming) and you were looking forward to the lovely discussions between fans of the Sea Eagles that would be mutually beneficial for all sides and we would all lovingly discuss the issues so peacefully so that you could dissect them later at your will?Are you suggesting that that all is not well?Dios Mio.....telling the golden child to STFU......He has the necessary MANLY DNA that you so rabidly require.....

"I think that has to be sorted soon," Jake Trbojevic said. "I think they just have to pay him out. That would be the sensible option. I don’t think making him turn up would be very sensible.

"If they made him coach 20s or something like that - he is such a good coach - if they did that, it would be a bit childish. I think they need to pay him out."

----

How does Jake not understand that Baz is the one throwing a tanty by hanging around after he quit :rolleyes:

Really disrespectfull to publicaly call your employer 'childish' for following standard practice :swear:

Reporter needs to ask the TurBros why they accept their on field results from master coach Baz :wondering:

What worries me about the Trbos is that they're fast becoming like the Stewarts.......too much power within the playing group & holding the club to ransom with their opinions! It's fine to have an opinion but to bring up this loyalty to Barrett constantly can have an adverse affect on Desmond's loyalty to them?? No player or coach is greater than the club & the Trbos would be better off concentrating on next season & fixing the flaws in their on field performances rather than club politics. It's what caused tension & divided the previous playing group. STFU & be happy............you're a professional footballer not an administrator. Motivate your team mates with talk not the fu(king media......just sayin'.

Last edited:
Manly Daily

No room for Foran at Manly

Peter Peters

MANLY fans, members and sponsors are divided about reports that premiershipwinning five-eighth Kieran Foran may be headed back to the club.

There is no doubt there was early interest in the move but it now appears to be a massive long shot that it would happen.

Foran, 28, is on a lucrative contract at the Canterbury Bulldogs and Manly simply do not have any room in the salary cap to contemplate bringing him back.

The 2011 premiership winner’s career has nosedived dramatically since he left the Sea Eagles after seven seasons at the end of the 2015 season.

At Manly, Foran was one of the most consistent players in the NRL and he notched up 148 games in seven seasons — a durable average of 21 games a year.

In his three years away from the club he:

› Played 9 games for Parramatta in 2016.

› Played 17 games for the Warriors in 2017.

› Played 12 games for the Bulldogs in 2018.

An average of just over 12 games a season in three seasons for such a highly paid player is not value for money but, to be fair, Foran has been riddled with injuries.

His upcoming off season of summer training will be his first for many years.

TOP-LEVEL TALKS

RETURNING two-time premiership coach Des Hasler hasn’t wasted any time in meeting his new board of directors at the Sea Eagles.

Hasler met the board on Wednesday and gave his views on where the Sea Eagles were at and where he wants to take the club in the immediate future.

The new top man has said little publicly on the Trent Barrett coaching fiasco.

But privately Hasler wanted the situation settled before he fronts the playing group on Monday for the start of summer training.

Hasler was assured it would be resolved and indications are the standoff is over with an amicable settled reached ... and not before time.

Manly’s lack of ability to handle crisis situations quickly in 2018 is a worrying trend for the club and a major concern with supporters and sponsors.

LOOKING BETTER

STAFF returning to Manly after being away for seven years cannot believe the improvement in facilities at the Sea Eagles’ Narrabeen HQ.

Their views fly in the face of those expressed by departing coach Trent Barrett.

Meanwhile, players who have not played under intense coach Des Hasler do not know what to expect in summer training.

Manly will play trials against the Sharks (home) and the Roosters (Gosford) in February.

"I think that has to be sorted soon," Jake Trbojevic said. "I think they just have to pay him out. That would be the sensible option. I don’t think making him turn up would be very sensible.

"If they made him coach 20s or something like that - he is such a good coach - if they did that, it would be a bit childish. I think they need to pay him out."

----

How does Jake not understand that Baz is the one throwing a tanty by hanging around after he quit :rolleyes:

Really disrespectfull to publicaly call your employer 'childish' for following standard practice :swear:

Reporter needs to ask the TurBros why they accept their on field results from master coach Baz :wondering:
Exactly. Man baby Barrett sooks it and effectively quit mid season, but still wants a payout? Someone really needs to point this out to them. I love the Turbos but they need to just play footy.

Barrett really is a piece of work. No doubt all through the season was telling the players he was in the trenches with them. ALL the while he was quiting behind there backs and no doubt trying to position himself to get another gig ( panthers). Players should feel betrayed. Thank fuc$ karma stepped in and he got fuc$ed over by Gould.

Hopefully the Trent Barrett Experience is over.

That payout money could have been spent on soooo many worthwhile things.

It was the Penn's fukup in the first place re signing him last year. Even though we finished in 6th in 2017 the last 6 weeks were a disaster zone and indicative of his sht coaching methods. 2016 was total crap and his 2018 performance should've been the indicator for a new contract or not. Now they've got to payout and more wasted $$

Not sure when the new arrangement with the N R L specific club 13 mil allocations kick in and whether they are in an incremental form or an initial and total cash grant from the start of the N R L financial year on Nov the 1 st or so . Maybe Penn has been waiting for this or a part of this N R L payment for some form of a payout to Barrett instead of sourcing previous club funds . Again seems a quite tricky and hard to clarify technical situation in regard to Barrett tendering his resignation instead of being dismissed and the subsequent interpretations of any standard terms then . Looks like the Warriors were in a similar situation with Andrew Macfadden some years ago and apparently expected him to just hang around the club in some capacity to earn his contract arrangements instead of just paying him out and moving him on .. Probably would expect some resolution soon but more hard ball intentions from Penn can not be ruled out either

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8