Barrett raiding the eagles nest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some interesting news in the chase for the signing of Souths flyer Johnstone...the other team (Tigers) chasing him is now looking at Addo Carr on a big contract, if this happens and he is leaving Storm, it gives Manly a realistic chance.
The weird part - it all relies on Souths signing the 17yo Superstar Suaalii, who RU are still doing there best to sign, so a butterfly effect....if they don't sign the youngster have the money to keep Johnstone.
Also seems a decent chance young Saab will be at Manly in 2021, regardless of a swap with Garrick.
Be exciting to suddenly have Tom T, Schuster, Johnstone and Saab in a backline where speed has been lacking for a while...

Last edited:
Has anyone actually seen Saab play? hasn't made the highlights on the news.
Just being tall & coloured does not make you a strike winger

I haven't seen him play, so curious

Almost a Tupou type build, is quick and good in the air, but have only seen him play a handful of games.
Is a tall skinny kid, who could do with some strength work, also needs improvement in key area's with his hands and defensively tackles ok, but needs to improve his reads...which comes with time....This is the only reason not selected at Illawarra Top grade more often.
Has speed and potential and well worth a go at the end of a good backline, which it will be in 2021.

Gus didn't mind sending him to Manly...

Premiership-winning Canterbury coach Phil Gould has told incoming mentor Trent Barrett to backflip on his deal to coach the club in 2021.
According to a report on Monday, the Panthers assistant is “concerned” that Canterbury are a club in strife due to infighting between members of the football club and leagues club at loggerheads.

And now...

Trent Barrett has reaffirmed his commitment to the Bulldogs despite Phil Gould urging the former NSW playmaker to walk away from his deal because of the “toxic” mess engulfing the club.

- though what else is he going to say?..lol-

(sorry for quoting my own post---- though they do seem like amazing posts.)

Yes Saab has potential, lots of potential and would be a good pickup. He is young and has only played a few games for the Dragons but has not been able to get a spot ahead of Ravalawa and Pereira. He is tall and fast which are handy attributes for a winger but we have seen this year with the likes of Nofoaluma, Pereira, Thompson that you do not have to be tall to be a good winger; strength, smarts, speed off the mark, quick play the balls and good agility are very important.

Defensively he needs to improve, knowing when to come in or stay out on his man and trusting his inside man. Strength is another that needs to improve as he can get manhandled carting the ball up. Also he needs to play smarter - have seen a few ordinary decisions from him. But hopefully these things will all come from good coaching and regular exposure to first grade.

How wacist!

To be honest iv seen him play and he didn't really get many opportunities from the games iv seen. He is tall and pretty fast and if used right can be a weapon like daniel tupou. On the right coin he will be a very handy asset to the club. Swapping him for Garrick would be awesome. 2 birds 1 stone :)
He is still young and if he bulked up a little he could be more effective on kick return and hit ups.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8