Barrett got it horribly wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So who do we rest next week? Lane, Parker, Hastings, Lussick and his brother gone? Hope everyone is fit....

I have us dropping out of the 8. We will lose 4 out of the last 6 and miss the 8 by 4 points

You could be right . Manly haven't played well for weeks ( Cronulla) & need to beat Storm in Melbourne who haven't had a 2nd half try against them at home in '17.
We can't take it for granted ; like everyone took the Dragons as 2points .

Think it would have been better to see him controlling the game in the halves with DCE though. Its hard to judge a guy thats playing as a half in Ressies and then gets thrown into the 9 for first grade.
Im sure Baz had his reasons for playing them this way though.

Possibly the same reason as I wanted - to see how his defence goes starting at 9.

Problem is the result is not a true sample given we have 9 missing.

I'll leave my judgement till after he storm game.

We haven't played well for over a month. Baz seems to think we can just switch it on next week.

All I'll say is when all the storm players are out or rested they play with the same intensity.

I just hope we can match them next week

Wish I had the "butt-hurt" ointment franchise for the Northern beaches.

PSS Baz, some of the advice you are being given on these pages is worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Because they're carrying injuries. You either *rest* them, or risk losing them for an indeterminate number of games, maybe the season, and not at a time of your choosing. That's just how it goes with the niggling injuries sometimes, nothing but time off is going to improve them.
Time with tell if its the wrong call. I not confident it was look at our draw

I was at the game, and we were blowing up deluxe about the Lussick sin-binning. He was trying to hold the mark, as the tackler is entitled to do, and bloody de Belin was marching forward chucking elbows around. HE should've been penalised for it.

Not to mention the situation were we had a player tackled off the ball chasing a kick and the ref called it was going to be penalty sin bin if not a try then they just reversed the entire thing.

It was a bad game for us, but the Dragons got away with spoiling tactics in the ruck all match, and we didn't have the cohesion in attack or defence with so many regulars out.

I think we were due for a wake up call loss some time in the next couple of matches, I'm hoping that with some troops back and some renewed fire in the belly we'll put in a strong showing against the Storm and Roosters and build a charge for the finals from there.

One loss doesn't make a season, although it certainly would have been nice to not concede 50.

Back to the Workers for Hasting. Cannot pass to save himself.

He certainly hasn't proved to be the star many here predicted

If people recall, despite having a full pre-season to work out the combination it wasn't until about a month into the season that Green and DCE began to click as a partnership.

Hastings' performance yesterday reminded me a lot of how Green played earlier this season. And IIRC he (Green) copped a fair bit of criticism in this forum for exactly that.

You can't expect a guy in his first first grade start all season to come in and be perfect from the get go. I mean, the guy (Hastings) has been up and down like a yo-yo between first and reserve grade all year so to step into a spot like 5/8 and do everything right isn't easy. You'd like to think it will happen, but it rarely does. Especially on a day when he had plenty of mates who put in poor performances themselves. Only 2, maybe 3 of our players can really hold their heads up after yesterday.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8