Barrett got it horribly wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No need to panic guys. We were flat but weve been flat for a month. Today it just burned us but a lot of fluke tries today too. Hence the score was so bad. Plus we always struggle on hot days ! Its like we wilt in the sun. Same all year. We need a cold wet day. Lol

This team isnt a contending team weve over achieved and that loss may see us miss the 8 I reckon.

Just like most if us thought at Rd1 this is a borderline roster.

Stay calm.

The comp so weak this year. We had a chance to jag a top four spot and possibly steal a premiership. T-boz decides to rest green and Lawrence.

Disagree. Just because we lost a fight today, Dosent mean we have lost the war.

I'm going to say Barrett made the right call today. Injuries to Cam Smith, and Maloney means this comp is there to be won. Being fit come finals has even more importance.

How about our so called leadership group stand up. This team is weak. As soon as the chips are down, their heads drop.

Lawrence I'll give you that. But the rest are all injured . So my question to you know all is would Lawrence have made a difference?
Not a major difference, definitely a better start than using an impact prop usually off the bench. Whether players were rested or are injured I don't care too much, the depth is very poor here at manly but with that many out it's hard to have depth to cover them, that's why I find it weird that baz rested green (we were told he was rested?) and Lawrence as we definitely don't have the cover to fill all these positions.

As long as we can field our top strength side often we'll be brilliant, I've learnt today that we can't always win when we are short of top-quality players and that a culture doesn't always mean success, we just need all the players back with talent to be firing again

Barrett made many mistakes today.
why start hastings in hooker and Cullen at 6? it should of been the other way around. lussick not starting over perrett who is a bench player only was a terrible mistake.
lane dce had a terrible game only shining light was joey lussick.
what's happened to taupau he was the offload king now just throws them out the back or not at all. That was a disgusting game

Game from hell today. Out enthused for 60 minutes. Shocking discipline with and without the ball. Reality check today. We have been off our game for a month now. Time to regroup and hit back!! Basics badly done today. I expect a reaction next week!!

No, BJ would not have made a difference.

Again Manly failed to stop offloads and our ruck speed disappeared with Api @:cool:

As always, perfectly said. We allowed far too many offloads. Our defense on the fringes was embarrassing (BOTH sides, not just Kelly's). I just can't fathom the sloppiness, laziness and poor attitude? Hope Bozo comes down to Narrabeen to have a chat to a few players this week. They need a solid kick up the arse.

Settle down moops. Tafua, sironen, Matai, Stewart, Wright, Korisau, Lawrence, Brown, Green, injured. Parker HIA. Lussick (copped an elbow before he threw any) sin binned. It wasn't that bad. Let's meet up heee next week after beating the drizzle.
Totally agree, too many out!!

Baz the blame for bad communication if players injured why say rested as would have pissed drag queens off and if rested why not play em this week and rest next week against drizzle in a game we would expect to lose

API and Green two crucial players. Green is making DCE look good. API I think along with Jake is the lynch pin of the whole side.

The whole 'resting' thing is rubbish. I expect those players were injured enough not to warrant playing. Barratt clearly was expecting a loss, and maybe this attitude transferred to the players. You only need to be slightly off and you're gone. He's thinking of the war and not the battle.

API and Green two crucial players. Green is making DCE look good. API I think along with Jake is the lynch pin of the whole side.

The whole 'resting' thing is rubbish. I expect those players were injured enough not to warrant playing. Barratt clearly was expecting a loss, and maybe this attitude transferred to the players. You only need to be slightly off and you're gone. He's thinking of the war and not the battle.

Such a shame, because I absolutely adore Barrett, but jeez he and his team undid a lot of the hard work to rebuild that culture today.

C'mon, it's disappointing but we were caught in a perfect storm today.

Green, Koroisau, Wright, Taufua, Sironen, Lawrence, and Brown unavailable...that's 7 players that could have made a difference in the result today. We were playing a bogey team of sorts, who were desperate in front of their home fans. They scored tries off kicks and an intercept to set up a big lead and the rest is history.

1+1 doesn't always = 2 in these instances either. For example, a guy like Lane or Kelly has a poor match, but it's the result of all the other factors from the perfect storm that come together to create this poor match. If Api is in the middle, maybe we contain their pack better, Lane doesn't do so much tackling, all of the sudden he has an impact with the ball...

Sure, Lane and Kelly have areas in their game to work on, and maybe they aren't up to FG standard week in, week out, but there is always more than meets the eye in these types of scenarios.

Such a shame, because I absolutely adore Barrett, but jeez he and his team undid a lot of the hard work to rebuild that culture today.

Yep there's a lot of blokes who played today that should be ashamed to turn up on Monday for their pay checks!

More blame needs to fall on the players on the field. Even then we had some key outs today, till we find out exactly why players were rested lets just keep calm shall we.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6